300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From "Hot Cop" to Not Cop?

Anybody (not) see the viral selfie of the three "hot cops" of the Gainesville PD? Looks like one of them may be REAL ugly on the inside. Kind of like the infamous Don Raysor on O.com

http://people.com/human-interest/hot...semitic-posts/

It will be interesting to see how his department deals with this. The Facebook posts in question were made prior to him being hired. Looks like the BI may have dropped the ball checking this turd's social media accounts...

On a positive note, I no longer have to worry about my 17-year-old daughter running off to Florida. When the pic first came out she announced that she was going to marry him (obviously not being serious, just pushing dad's buttons). I told her since she's a minor she'd need my permission and she ain't getting it, and besides, he's married. So the little brat tells me "I'll be 18 by the time his divorce is through." - "Now you're also GROUNDED until you're 18..."

Fortunately, thanks to this new info the wedding plans are off.

Fame and attention isn't all its cracked up to be for him evidently
    Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
    “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
    “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
    "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
    ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

What if the background found it and cleared him?

I saw the screen shot and thought... hmm, how do I know this is even real? People hate cops and wish us dead. Creating a false image is way easier than actively trying to murder a police officer (and possibly a stepping stone?)

Of course, if this guy is a racist jerk boot'em. We don't need that kinda drama.
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by Langford PR View Post
        Fame and attention isn't all its cracked up to be for him evidently
        Yup, for him AND his department. They seemed to thoroughly enjoy the "positive" attention. Unfortunately now they have to deal with the negative publicity...and with all eyes already on them there's a lot of pressure to "do the right thing" (whatever that may be in this case).

If nothing else, it's another social media cautionary tale.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
          What if the background found it and cleared him?
          Then the department has even bigger issues. If they discovered it they at the very least should have told the guy to delete that sh*t.

On the other hand, if he failed to disclose his FB account during the hiring process (although the BI should have still easily found it) then he should be terminated for lying on his application. More likely, the BI checked his FB account and just didn't read back far enough (the posts were from 2011 and 2013 I believe).

I saw the screen shot and thought... hmm, how do I know this is even real? People hate cops and wish us dead. Creating a false image is way easier than actively trying to murder a police officer (and possibly a stepping stone?)
          How do you know it's real? - You don't.
          How do I know it's real? - I don't.
          How does his department know it's real? - They don't...yet. He has been suspended (with pay) while they investigate the allegations, so we shall see.

If it turns out the screenshots are completely fake then the creator of them obviously has another thing coming...

Of course, if this guy is a racist jerk boot'em. We don't need that kinda drama.
          (Assuming that it is established that he did post those remarks...) I would hope he'd get the boot. In my opinion, those posts go way beyond what's excusable. The first comment could maybe be explained away with just venting and thoughtlessly using an inappropriate analogy. We probably all can relate to his disdain for "stupid people" and needing to vent about it. I personally find his proposed "solution" disturbing...but these days a lot of people just casually use Nazi and Hitler references without much thought or any real ill intent. Anybody ever call someone a "grammar nazi" on this forum? Or refer to fellow cops who write every traffic citation they can find as "traffic nazis"? It always makes me cringe a little...but I know it has nothing to do with being anti-semitic. Now the second post is a whole other animal. Its sole purpose was to attack Jewish people. It wasn't a casual remark...it's evidence of a mindset that is so disgusting it should not be tolerated in law enforcement. He's only been with the department since last year, so terminating him should be fairly easy.

Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 09-16-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Then the department has even bigger issues. If they discovered it they at the very least should have told the guy to delete that sh*t.

On the other hand, if he failed to disclose his FB account during the hiring process (although the BI should have still easily found it) then he should be terminated for lying on his application. More likely, the BI checked his FB account and just didn't read back far enough (the posts were from 2011 and 2013 I believe).

How do you know it's real? - You don't.
            How do I know it's real? - I don't.
            How does his department know it's real? - They don't...yet. He has been suspended (with pay) while they investigate the allegations, so we shall see.

If it turns out the screenshots are completely fake then the creator of them obviously has another thing coming...

(Assuming that it is established that he did post those remarks...) I would hope he'd get the boot. In my opinion, those posts go way beyond what's excusable. The first comment could maybe be explained away with just venting and thoughtlessly using an inappropriate analogy. We probably all can relate to his disdain for "stupid people" and needing to vent about it. I personally find his proposed "solution" disturbing...but these days a lot of people just casually use Nazi and Hitler references without much thought or any real ill intent. Anybody ever call someone a "grammar nazi" on this forum? Or refer to fellow cops who write every traffic citation they can find as "traffic nazis"? It always makes me cringe a little...but I know it has nothing to do with being anti-semitic. Now the second post is a whole other animal. Its sole purpose was to attack Jewish people. It wasn't a casual remark...it's evidence of a mindset that is so disgusting it should not be tolerated in law enforcement. He's only been with the department since last year, so terminating him should be fairly easy.
            WOW.

You do realize that we live in the United States of America? Where we have the freedom of speech and freedom of thought, AND the freedom from persecution for our beliefs. We can believe whatever and say whatever we want in this country, I for one, LOVE THAT and wouldn't want it any other way.

Every human being, and I mean EVERY HUMAN BEING has some kind of internal bias and pre-conceived perceptions about the world, or other cultures, other nationalities, races, gender, etc....If you tell me you do not have some kind of bias, then you are lying. You may not believe you do, but subconsciously everyone has them, its part of being human.

So, as long as you're smart about it (don't post it publicly on FB) and don't let these biases affect your job performance, then you're free to believe whatever you want, and I don't really care what a person believes....just show up for work and do your job well, that's all I care about.

Comment

• Langford PR
              Langford PR commented
              Editing a comment
              BC, mi amigo, that last paragraph is gospel and it also left the building a long time ago in the BS PC world.

Surprisingly(or maybe not), a police department is going to have a harder time firing or disciplining someone for speech because a police department is THE GOVERNMENT. The First Amendment protects speech from GOVERNMENT censorship. I think this guy's stupid facebook posts are being blown way out of proportion. Someone dug through this guy's entire facebook history and found 2 objectionable posts. I've laughed at racist jokes, jokes about death and tragedy, and jokes about jews. Does it make me a better person that I didn't put them on my facebook page? No. Maybe a smarter person, but not a better person. Also, I was born a jew so I'm officially giving this guy a pass on the 2 jew jokes.
            After saying all that, this dude seems like a do*chebag. But I've met do*chebags in every non LE job I've had as well as LE. I don't think they all deserve to be fired. If he's doing his job and not getting complaints that show some kind of pattern of discrimination against Jews, I don't think it's a big deal. And trust me, if he was discriminating against jews, he'd be getting complaints. If there's one thing Jews know how to do, it's complain <rimshot>.

Comment

• Langford PR
              Langford PR commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, and imagine the hassle that will happen in court every time this guy testifies in any case from parking ticket to homicide. This publicized fiasco will be dredged up and both he and the case will be tarred with it by the defense. This mess will be giving back rotted fruit for as long as this guy works in LE.

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

WOW.

You do realize that we live in the United States of America? Where we have the freedom of speech and freedom of thought, AND the freedom from persecution for our beliefs. We can believe whatever and say whatever we want in this country, I for one, LOVE THAT and wouldn't want it any other way.

Every human being, and I mean EVERY HUMAN BEING has some kind of internal bias and pre-conceived perceptions about the world, or other cultures, other nationalities, races, gender, etc....If you tell me you do not have some kind of bias, then you are lying. You may not believe you do, but subconsciously everyone has them, its part of being human.

So, as long as you're smart about it (don't post it publicly on FB) and don't let these biases affect your job performance, then you're free to believe whatever you want, and I don't really care what a person believes....just show up for work and do your job well, that's all I care about.
            And that's the problem right there. He was not "smart about it". He (allegedly) posted it publicly on Facebook (and didn't think to remove it when hired). He's created a massive amount of problems for his department. Like it or not, in our profession public perception matters. And like it or not, as cops we do NOT get to say whatever we want wherever we want and to whomever we want. It's usually spelled out in department policy...

Comment

As if I needed another reason to not belong to the Facebook cult. Not that I would be posting stupid stuff like that anyway. My momma always said, "Life is like a box of stupid chocolates, you don't know that it is full of s4it until you bite into it."

Everyone just needs to get off Facebook and go back to the old fashion way of proving you are an idiot, get drunk at a bar.
              Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
                Everyone just needs to get off Facebook and go back to the old fashion way of proving you are an idiot, get drunk at a bar.
                Oh, people still get drunk at bars and act like idiots...except now they post the proof on Facebook and other social media. Makes it so much easier to prosecute.

Comment

I myself am sexy, but I hate everyone equally... I'm JUST playing folks!!! I love you all, and I'm only partially sexy.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

WOW.

Freedom of speech? Absolutely. Employing an individual as a police officer who makes light of the murderous Holocaust? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post

Freedom of speech? Absolutely. Employing an individual as a police officer who makes light of the murderous Holocaust? Absolutely not.
                      Police Departments can employ ANYONE they want, you know that as well as I do. Officers with all kinds of beliefs are employed.

Comment

I know a lot of fellow officers have a certain disdain for stupidity. But can you imagine extra attention and (possible) liability if this officer got into a critical incident that went south or an OIS involving ANY kind of minority.

This is a bad look for the dept if this did come up during his background and they hired him still.

Having different kinds of beliefs are OK, but the dept does have a say as to who they employ knowing that they not only have that belief but choose to share it with the world.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9185 users online. 327 members and 8858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X