300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leosa retired ID expiration?

I had an interview today for a job and the guy I interviewed with said we have to renew our IDs every 5 years? I have read nothing in the law that says it needs to be reissued every 5 years just that you have to qualify every 5 years. I do my yearly qual to maintain my 50 state. Any one know?

Originally posted by urbancommando View Post
    I had an interview today for a job and the guy I interviewed with said we have to renew our IDs every 5 years? I have read nothing in the law that says it needs to be reissued every 5 years just that you have to qualify every 5 years. I do my yearly qual to maintain my 50 state. Any one know?
    It would be an AGENCY requirement.

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

It would be an AGENCY requirement.
      So its his agency that makes it exp not the law

Comment

Maybe if you don't renew your "Retired" ID... you won't be retired anymore. You'll have to go back and pull a few more shifts until you renew it..
        You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Maybe if you don't renew your "Retired" ID... you won't be retired anymore. You'll have to go back and pull a few more shifts until you renew it..
          Haha yea they make you push a black and white and you get your new ID at the end of the shift

Comment

Was this for a cop job or security job?
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

So its his agency that makes it exp not the law
              The agency I work for now re issues retired ID's every year..................but only because they print the yearly qualification score on the back of the ID to cover the retired deputies under 18 USC 926 (d) (2) (b)(I)
              Its a small agency and the cost of the ID's is negligible .

The Agency I retired from gave me a no expiring ID
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

The agency I work for now re issues retired ID's every year..................but only because they print the yearly qualification score on the back of the ID to cover the retired deputies under 18 USC 926 (d) (2) (b)(I)
                Its a small agency and the cost of the ID's is negligible .

The Agency I retired from gave me a no expiring ID
                I get a card every time i qualify, not a new ID.

Comment

By any chance are you in California? If you retired in 1981 or after, your retired California ID with a CCW endorsement is only supposed to be good for five years, after which you have to get a new one from your agency. All 1981 or after Retired CCW IDs are supposed to have a 5 year expiration date on them.
                  Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

By any chance are you in California? If you retired in 1981 or after, your retired California ID with a CCW endorsement is only supposed to be good for five years, after which you have to get a new one from your agency. All 1981 or after Retired CCW IDs are supposed to have a 5 year expiration date on them.
                    Yes i am in cali but where is that info posted? I dont see it in any of the laws, and according to my chief its up to agency discretion

Comment

Also, anytime the agency head is replaced.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

From what i am reading if your agency included a CA state CCW endorsement on top of the leosa ccw endorsement i.e. state vs federal, the state CCW endorsement expires after 5 years. The federal leosa does not expire

Comment

I'm retired from LASD and every 5 years we have to get a new ID card with our ccw endorsement..
                          Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                            I'm retired from LASD and every 5 years we have to get a new ID card with our ccw endorsement..
                            Right but that is an agency requirement not a law requirement correct? I cant find anything in the law requiring a retired ID to have an expiration

Comment

Right but that is an agency requirement not a law requirement correct? I cant find anything in the law requiring a retired ID to have an expiration
                              PC 25905 mandates issuance of a retired ID card and discusses CCW endorsements if authorized.

PC 25915 states that every five years, a retired officer must petition their agency for renewal of their CCW privilege. While the law does not specifically mandate that an expiration date be placed on the ID card, the only way to ensure compliance from retirees and demonstrate their CCW privilege is current, is to give the cards an expiration date.

Of course, the exemption still exists for pre-1981 retirees. I don't know how that works for them. One of my buddies who retired in 1980 from the State Police got a new retired CSP/CHPmerger card a couple years ago from CHP when they realized they had to comply with the five year rule. This was 35 years after he retired and I don't think they had any idea he was a pre-1981 retiree, so they gave him a 5 year card.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3855 users online. 184 members and 3671 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X