Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore mayor has new idea after Nobody Kill Anyone weekend is an epic fail.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore mayor has new idea after Nobody Kill Anyone weekend is an epic fail.

Pugh’s plan aims to reverse this year’s spike in violent crime in the city, which has suffered 212 murders in 219 days. The mayor tapped Baltimore police chief of staff Drew Vetter to head the criminal justice office, the Baltimore Sun reported Wednesday. Her policy plan addresses three areas she believes are the root cause of violent crime: poorly trained police, poor drug policy, and an under-educated populace.

The city recently finished a consent decree with the Department of Justice. They decided to completely overhaul the city’s police department under oversight from a judge-appointed monitor. Pugh also wants to invest in training police to focus on increasing clearance rates.

Pugh’s plan also addresses a criminal justice reform topic that has enjoyed wide bipartisan support across the country, which is lowering sentences for drug crimes. Her plan calls for increased investment in drug treatment programs and other penal alternatives to prisons, WBAL reported.

She also wants narcan, an overdose reversal drug, to be more accessible in the city.

Her final major reform is to make Baltimore’s community colleges offer a free two-year program to seniors graduating from local high schools, claiming violent crime is often caused by a lack of opportunity.
    Source
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

I don't know how this city still has a police department. I'm sure all was fine until the police just ruined everything and started sending dealers to prison.

I'm sure her plan will be totally successful.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

"Her policy plan addresses three areas she believes are the root cause of violent crime: poorly trained police, poor drug policy, and an under-educated populace."

Notice that personal responsibility has no part in this. It must always be a top-down government solution. And it must FEEL good (don't worry about whether it DOES good).

I'm not a criminologist, but my guess is, Baltimore's ridiculous level of violence is caused by a small segment of young black men. The multi-stage process that makes them so hyper-violent is described in the 10-minute video below (the same applies to Washington D.C., Detroit, St Louis, Newark, Chicago, Milwaukee, Atlanta). To reverse the violence, the entire culture must change, must move back towards personal responsibility.

Last edited by Max K; 08-11-2017, 10:06 AM.

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Someone explain to me how the police are responsible for violent crime?
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

It's Whiteys fault...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
            Someone explain to me how the police are responsible for violent crime?
            It's oppression... or whatever their mom and/or grandma told them.

Comment

I blame rap music
              USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
              "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
              Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Richland County Sheriff's Department:
              7/28/2017- App submitted
              8/7/2017- PAT and Poly:

SC Dept of Corrections Lieutenant:
              8/8/2017: Interview

Comment

If they want to make a difference start having patrol officers enforcing and focusing on the minor crimes and ordinances. Lock up drug users and dealers .

It may take a little time to see a noticable difference. At first it may appear it's not working but if they stick with it will work.
                Last edited by westside popo; 08-14-2017, 04:23 PM.
                Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                President Jefferson Davis

Comment

Yep. Start small and it pays big...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Oh Jesus Christ.

... It's never good to see violent crime increase, but I do enjoy watching these idiots continue to be bewildered that their moronic approach to violent crime has had negative effects while the 95% who unfortunately don't make the decisions predicted it from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
                      If they want to make a difference start having patrol officers enforcing and focusing on the minor crimes and ordinances. Lock up drug users and dealers .

It me take a little time to see a niticable difference. At first it may appear it may not be working. But if they stick with it will work.
                      But if that means that more blacks & Hispanics are caught, isn't that where a politically correct police administrator steps in and says something like: "you can't have any kind of policing where one group is arrested more than any other group" (even if that group has higher crime stats)?

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

A criminal is a criminal. I don't care what skin pigmentation they are and neither should an administrator if they really care for the good people in their city.
                        Last edited by westside popo; 08-14-2017, 04:20 PM.
                        Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                        President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                        President Jefferson Davis

Comment

• White Lightning
                          White Lightning commented
                          Editing a comment
                          But there's the rub, do they care.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        It's Whiteys fault...
                        Nahhh.....it's Bush's fault.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10513 users online. 416 members and 10097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X