Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about leaving

Purged in case anyone at work is on here
    Last edited by J2H; 06-18-2017, 03:00 AM.
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

It is what it is................the profession isn't for everyone
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I just end up doing what I did on active duty... riding around aimlessly until I get a call, and doing random building checks... (on days)... on mids, I am lucky if I get one call, so I usually just sit in a parking lot somewhere, BTW, this is military law enforcement (Army civilian).
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

• J2H
        J2H commented
        Editing a comment
        It was a general statement for those that may not know it, nothing aimed at anyone in particular. I'm not mad or crotchety at law enforcement or this job, I just am starting to think military law enforcement is not for me

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said ...........the profession is not for everyone. There is no shame in understanding that & leaving with your head held high.

• reils49
        reils49 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apply elsewhere. There are a ton of opportunities outside of military policing.

Have another job lined up before you cut out the one you have. Best wishes.
      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

What Lanford said.

If the activity level is leaving you bored, why not lateral to a busier agency?
        "You're never guaranteed the cards that life is going to deal you. But nothing says you can't play the hell out of them!"

Comment

Military policing can be pretty static. I would def look elsewhere and I'm sure you will be doing more

Comment

I can't, bad back, bad lungs, would not pass another physical agility test methinks
            Last edited by J2H; 06-19-2017, 01:37 AM.
            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Maybe just transfer to a busier base?

Comment

The Army has no other posts in this area, the only other 0083 jobs are at Charleston AFB and possibly Shaw AFB.
                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                  The Army has no other posts in this area, the only other 0083 jobs are at Charleston AFB and possibly Shaw AFB.
                  Do you have a local academy certification, FLETC, or something similar? Amtrak Police has a pretty easy physical agility and they take laterals.
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

I have the DACP Academy certification (FLETA)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8408 users online. 403 members and 8005 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X