300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fbi agents...drinking

I saw the movie breach a couple of days ago. In it, there was a line that an FBI agent can never drink alcohol. This makes sense, due to the high level of classified information they know. Is this true?

USSS U/D
    Applied: September 2010

Not at all true. It's a movie.
    183 FBINA

Comment

Not true, and to add to that I do believe that if you work an undercover assignment you are allowed to drink while 'on duty' per policy. I could be wrong about that though.

Comment

I know that's not true, and quit watching movies and TV and taking evcerything you see so literally. Movies and TV are the biggest reason the public has so many far fetch misconceptions about Law Enforcement. I doubt most FBI agents out there are carrying around the Nations deepest darkest secrets. Just like most Big City Cops haven't shot somebody and all Small Tow Cops don't have pop-up stop signs in their trunks.
        It's a great life. You risk your skin catchin' killers and the juries turn 'em loose so they can come back and shoot at ya again. If you're honest, you're poor your whole life, and in the end you wind up dyin' all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothin'. For a tin star.
        -quote from "High Noon"

Comment

Originally posted by eagles138
          I saw the movie breach a couple of days ago. In it, there was a line that an FBI agent can never drink alcohol. This makes sense, due to the high level of classified information they know. Is this true?
          The majority of them don't keep deep dark secrets (that's more intelligence related than LE).

Yes, they are allowed to drink adult beverages if they choose...

Comment

. In it, there was a line that an FBI agent can never drink alcohol.
            It's crap as it's a movie. I have been out with numerous FBI Agents and have drank till the sun came up, and no one has ever gotten into trouble for it.

Stop taking what you watch on the Silver Screen so literally.

Comment

*puts on his flame suit*

haha thanks guys

USSS U/D
              Applied: September 2010

Comment

A Little Clarification

the statement made in the movie was that under Director Louis Freeh, FBI Special Agents were technically never supposed to drink alcohol because they were all on call 24/7/365, had nothing to do with knowing sensitive information.

I'm not sure what the FBI policy is regarding on-call status of their agents. While I have also seen a few federal agents from certain undisclosed agencies intoxicated, and have participated in their intoxication , I just assumed they were not on-call at the time.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Comment

I saw the movie breach a couple of days ago. In it, there was a line that an FBI agent can never drink alcohol.
                  If you saw it in a movie, that's a huge clue that it doesn't resemble reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Thin Blue Line
                    the statement made in the movie was that under Director Louis Freeh, FBI Special Agents were technically never supposed to drink alcohol because they were all on call 24/7/365, had nothing to do with knowing sensitive information.
                    I was at the FBINA when Louie was director, met him a couple of times, and worked a lot of cases with BU agents well before Louie's term, during his term, and after Louie's term up from 1971 until I retired a year ago. There was no such policy. Ask anyone who's been to Quanitico about "the Boardroom".
                    183 FBINA

Comment

Yeah I didnt mean to imply that I believed the movie by any means, just clarifying what it said.

Comment

It seems like almost every intern I get says they want to go into federal law enforcement. If they want to sit behind a desk and push a pencil more power to them.
                        Some students act like their life will be as it is on a Tom Clancy novel if they go federal.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146
                          It seems like almost every intern I get says they want to go into federal law enforcement. If they want to sit behind a desk and push a pencil more power to them.
                          Some students act like their life will be as it is on a Tom Clancy novel if they go federal.
                          I plan on going federal, but not boring US federal.

Comment

I believe the policy is that federal agents are allowed to consume 2 alcoholic beverages while on duty if necessary to maintain their cover. Because people assume they can't drink on the job they can sit at a bar and have a couple beers while still maintaining a level of physical and mental ability to do perform up to standard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4551 users online. 254 members and 4297 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X