300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield

Last edited by Frank Booth; 12-26-2003, 08:41 AM.

What's the deal with the cops wearing their badges on the wrong side?
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Originally posted by drunkhunter:
      What's the deal with the cops wearing their badges on the wrong side?
      For THAT show, I'd say it's appropriate.

Comment

The Shield is not a police show. The producer uses the format only as a vehicle to depict a personal and wildly biased view of law enforcement.

Details like proper badge placement mean nothing to them, they are pushing the idea of police corruption, petty office politics and murderous law enforcement.

Just a bunch of jokers around a table, trying to come up with a nasty, biased script. Bogus BS.

Jim Burnes

Comment

TV, except for the History Channel and Discovery Channel, is 99% entertainment made up by Hollywood. Who really thinks that interns act the way that they do in Scrubs. That the Navy was really like it was acted out in CPO Sharkey or McHales Navy. And realistically, if Ginger and the Howells were going on a three hour cruise, how come they brought so many clothes? Mary Ann was the only one really well equiped for a three hour cruise

Sure, I love to find fault with cop shows, but its entertainment. Start getting to critical, and it looses its entertainment value. If they were to do a show about me doing my job in one day, they would have enough entertainment to fill about 10 minutes of air time. The rest is just me talking to lots and lots of people about how to take care of their problems or why what happened to them happened to them. Not much entertainment value in that.
          RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Comment

Details like proper badge placement mean nothing to them
              I think it might be a legal issue. I know many productions have had to change details on uniforms of real departments or militarys to get their approval.

It's not that they're unaware of proper badge placement, it's that LAPD doesn't want them looking EXACTLY like the real cops. Especially if they're shooting on location IN LA.

There's a funny story here in Baltimore. The cast of "Homicide" was shooting on location in the city, including several extras in police uniforms. Well, a few blocks over some guy robs a store, a couple cops start chasing him ...

... and he runs right onto the set and surrenders.

That the Navy was really like it was acted out in CPO Sharkey or McHales Navy
              What, it's NOT?! Dammit. Next you'll tell me that British secret agents don't carry silenced Walthers and drive BMWs loaded with missiles. Dammit.

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: CrazyinaJeep ]

Comment

I love this show. Yeah some of it is exagerated but I think its the most realistic police show out there. The dialogue is the closest I've ever seen to police reality. I especially loved where they were joking about taking sexual turns with the corpse. Sick but true. Cops do that to alleviate the stress.

And some cops are corrupt but at the same time can still be good cops in other ways. And office politics do rule police work.

I have yet to see anything that hasn't somewhere really happened in police work (except maybe the evidence van robbery).

Comment

Comment

i was usually watching "Philly" on tuesday at 10 (LOVE that kim delaney ) but now since it hasn't been on the past few weeks (and today it was announced that it is cancelled) i decided to tune in to "the shield" last night. i liked it. yeah, it probably does push the envelope a little, but it IS "entertainment" and i will be checking it out every week now. remember, this isn't about some little barney fife mayberry type town...this is about big city life and as we all know, there are good and bad cops everywhere. so i'll just enjoy the show for what it is. with all the CRAP shows that are on today, it's good to see a show that doesn't insult your intelligence like pablum type sitcoms, politically correct liberal "love everyone" type shows, or feminist ilk such as "oxygen" or "WE" women shows.
                    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I FRICKIN LOVE THAT SHOW!!

people just look into it waaay to much. for me it's literally is about good guys vs. bad guys. and who says the good guys should be entirely squeaky clean pillars of society. it's nice to see the 'good guys' get a little ****ed and cross into the gray area to deliver some whoop *** & pay back.

i mean, maybe i'm outta line here, but how many LEOs out there would love to show some simular 'tough love' to turds out there that constantly escape punishment because bad guys have more rights than the police, and their victims?

of course, LE can't act on such thoughts, civilians can't become vigilanties. that's why this show is so great for some, and unsettling for others.

i get a smile everytime the real bad *** tough guy thug gets smacked around by the strike team.

"what about my civil rights!?..waaa..waa"

hehe

i love it!
                      if you want to fly with the eagles by night, you have to wake up with the chickens in the morning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4501 users online. 318 members and 4183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X