300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public record....

If somebody alleges sexual assault against a police officer,they fill out statements and a complaint and affidavit but it wasn't actually filed with the clerk of court, can the officers name be released to the public??

Released to the publice by whom and for what reason?

Comment

Not unless there is a conviction.

Comment

The DCI releases a news release about allegations about a police officer and they give out his name and nothing is filed. can the DCI do that??

Comment

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe
          The DCI releases a news release about allegations about a police officer and they give out his name and nothing is filed. can the DCI do that??
          No one has any obligation to release anything. Freedom of the press means no one can stop the press from printing something; it doesn't mean the government is obligated to provide them information to print.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe
            You need someone well versed in Iowa law and procedure.

A lawyer perhaps.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

In California, sex crime victims are allowed to keep their names confidential. We put them down as John or Jane Doe and fill out a confidentiality form with their info. This should keep their names out of the hands of people that don't need to know. I hope it's like that in every other state.
              God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

bully, I don't believe they poster is talking about the victim. It’s about the alleged officer (officer committing the crime). I have a serious question about what the motivation is behind this thread. Hopefully I am wrong.
                Patrick
                Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

Originally posted by barr151
                  bully, I don't believe they poster is talking about the victim. It’s about the alleged officer (officer committing the crime). I have a serious question about what the motivation is behind this thread. Hopefully I am wrong.

I know an officer that has somebody that alleged he touched her. The complaintant filled out a statement and a complaint and affidavit. DCI was called because the Co att represents the officer when he writes state charges. Nothing was filed with the clerk of court. papers were handed in to the Co att. The DCI released the officers name to the media. No charges have been filed as of yet and that was over a month ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3770 users online. 202 members and 3568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X