300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex and Auto Theft

OK, I really meant just auto theft, but figured that might not be enough to entice your interest. I am doing some qualitative research on auto theft and would greatly appreciate it if you could answer some or all of the following questions and share any personal experiences you have had with this category of crime.

Have you ever had your vehicle stolen? If yes, did you eventually get it back?

Did you want it back after it had been stolen?

Do you know someone who had their vehicle stolen? Did they eventually get it back?

Do you know of anyone who has ever committed fraud by faking their car being stolen?

Without looking up the stats, how many vehicles do you estimate are stolen annually in the US and how many of those are recovered?

If you have any interesting insights, stories, or comments about auto theft I

hey dan. nice to see ya on this forum. i have mentioned your site on some other police forums as well asking people to visit.

i'd like to see more auto theft discussions here, especially because of the fact that you and i are both involved with it in different capacities. maybe this thread will help generate some good discussions.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

What is your web site Dan. I'd like to take a look.
      Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

http://www.auto-theft.info/
        I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Originally posted by NYTipper:
          OK, I really meant just auto theft, but figured that might not be enough to entice your interest.

Um, I was afraid of that. Frankly, I'd rather have sex, than auto theft.

I am doing some qualitative research on auto theft and would greatly appreciate it if you could answer some or all of the following questions and share any personal experiences you have had with this category of crime.

Oh, when I saw the thread earlier, I thought perhaps you were looking for "How To" tips!

Have you ever had your vehicle stolen? If yes, did you eventually get it back?
          Yes, and yes. However it was a real PITA. I had recently gotten married and since my wife's name had not yet been added to the title, Denver PD would not release the car to her. I was working a job out of town and had to make a 360 mile round trip to get it out of the impound yard.

Did you want it back after it had been stolen?

Yeah. It was an older car, but the only damage was a punched trunk lock. Of course I lost a bunch of tools. . .

Do you know someone who had their vehicle stolen? Did they eventually get it back?
          Well, I've certainly taken my share of reports on it. Some have, some haven't. Most of the ones that got their car back, was because kids had just been "joyriding" in it.

Do you know of anyone who has ever committed fraud by faking their car being stolen?
          Put one guy in jail for faking the theft, then torching it. Then trying to collect the insurance on it.

Without looking up the stats, how many vehicles do you estimate are stolen annually in the US and how many of those are recovered?
          No idea. [quote]
          If you have any interesting insights, stories, or comments about auto theft I
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Thought you wanted an expert in both fields I'm not into auto theft. Sorry. Thanks for the site however.
            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Don - Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear about the tools.

Joseph - I will be requesting some expert tips and anecdotes in your other area of expertise a bit later. But that's for our other website!

Nick - great seeing you here. We just uploaded the new template for the site. Let me know what you think.

Best,
              -Dan

Comment

Well I was about 15 or so parents went out of town and made the mistake of renting Risky Business for my enjoyment. That and Dad's car was pretty simular Never-mind you meant cars stolen that I owned and taken from me not by me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4518 users online. 311 members and 4207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X