300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libertarian party

I am considering joining the libertarian party. so far, I like what they say. Any input from fellow posters would be great, pro or con. Thanks.

Dang it Mike... I misread that.. I thought it was a LIBRARIAN party.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

MikeTx:

I believe that political party identification is a personal choice, so I won't tell you to join/don't join. That being said...you've read my posts, I'm not exactly left when it comes to politics, but despite my leanings towards the right, I have some issues with some of their specific viewpoints. They have a good platform on many issues, but sometimes they sound like those rednecks that dress up and play army in the woods of Montana. Thats what I don't like.
      "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

quote:
        they sound like those rednecks that dress up and play army in the woods of Montana. Thats what I don't like.
        There is not one thing wrong, illegal, or immoral about people doing that. And as far as I am concerned, the use of the term "redneck" like you used it, is a racial slur.

By the way, they are called a militia. We owe our existance to them.

Comment

Just because a bunch of guys with rifles call themselves a militia, it doesn't mean they're the direct descendents of the men who fought the British two hundred years ago.

Comment

And your point, besides an attack on American ideas and liberty, is what?

Comment

I don't see how its an attack on American ideals and liberty at all.

I'm just saying, that just because a bunch of guys call themselves a militia, it doesn't mean they're going to be able to do anything ... they can "talk the talk", sure, but if British paratroopers landed tomorrow ... could they "walk the walk"?

Comment

Actually, CIAJ, yes it does.

Just as those who currently do not support the US Constitution as it was written and intended are direct descendants of those colonists who supported England instead of the Revolution.

The founding fathers of this country were farmers, business men, you name it. They came from all walks of life, from several different countries and had very different backgrounds.

Anyone who is dedicated to the same ideals for which they fought can claim the honor of their heritage.

and rednecks with rifles in the woods?? What an informed and enlightened choice of words. Why don't you paint folks with a broader brush next time?

That phrase perfectly applies to just about every military unit that we have.
                -Sparky

Comment

When I first moved out on my own, my roommate was a card carrying member of the Libertarian party... while I have yet to find one party that I agree with on every issue, the Libertarians are about as close as I got. That being said, I agree with GMULaw; political affiliation is a personal choice, so I won't tell you one way or another what you should do.

Oh, and since African Americans are allowed to use the N word, does that mean I'm allowed to use the R word? I am, after all, from north Georgia
                  "No ma'am, we at the FBI don't have a sense of humor we're aware of." -K

Comment

quote:
                    and rednecks with rifles in the woods?? What an informed and enlightened choice of words. Why don't you paint folks with a broader brush next time?
                    It wasn't my phrase of words, I hope you realize.

Comment

yes.. hasty typing.. the words are credited to our brother at GMU.

as to tactics against an invading army...

it was a bunch of hayseeds and dirt farmers with innacurate and poorly made weapons that defeated the largest and most powerful army in the world way back when... don't forget that.

Guerilla warfare might be something to bone up on if you are in doubt of what a group of determined citizens can do.

And concerning claim to that lineage of freedom... you see, that is still what is uniquely American! The fact that ANYONE can come to this country and be an American. Try that in Italy.. or France... or China.. or Sudan ...or El Salvador... etc.

[ 08-18-2002, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Sparky ]
                      -Sparky

Comment

See for yourself-
                        web page

Like GMULaw said, they too will probably have stances you may disagree with.

I like their views on less government, , but find I oppose their views on other topics like legal drugs, . (Uh-oh, don't go anyplace with that topic. It will never get resolved.)
                        "All the people like us are we,
                        And everyone else is They"

Comment

Oops, the web page that was supposed to be there was http://www.self-gov.org.

They even have a nice quiz to take to show you your political stance.

[ 08-18-2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: 209 ]
                          "All the people like us are we,
                          And everyone else is They"

Comment

Sparky,

You’ve got enough choices of stupid “CiaJ” quotes to choose from without having to credit me with other people’s ...

Comment

Ahh....made a mistake.

[ 08-18-2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: GMULaw ]
                              "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3058 users online. 192 members and 2866 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X