Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing Makes Me More Angry Than This.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Makes Me More Angry Than This.....

Alittle while ago I was watching this show on Animal Planet (owned and ran by Discovery), when they had on this show. It was alot like cops, only difference was it was a special unit that dealt with animal abuse but were still police (not sure what they were called).

I am watching as they go into this basement, where there is this poor, innocent dog, asleep in a camping bag. With old moldy food from a fast food place around him. The dog was in horrible shape. I dont recall what type he was but from the looks of it he should have weighed around 50 pounds. Key word there is SHOULD. The poor little dog didnt weigh 20. His bones were out and it was easy to tell that the dog had not ate in a matter of days. And was close to dying.

One of the cops goes out to the backyard to find another dog, not in as bad of shape, but wasnt close to healthy. I am normally the type of guy who is "Innocent until proven differently". But at this, I really couldnt have cared less. I was so angry I could have spit nails.

I had to change the channel when what was going to happen (and I knew it) happened, and the first dog passed.

I'd rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Yeah. That really makes me mad too. But you know what? The show was "Animal Precinct" and it's actually a really good show. I watch it just to see what people are really like. I've watched almost every episode. That show is actually part of what got me interested in law enforcement.

But overall, I agree. You have to be really strong to see stuff like that all the time. (FYI, they do have happy endings. )
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

It's pretty bad letting an animal go like that, but I'll tell you what I think. I think many animal shows are produced in an effort to give more power to the "animals have rights too" crowd. No offense just my opinion on SOME shows about animals on TV.

Comment

Mike, don't think that I'm arguing with you about those shows, because I'm not. I think you are right.

That being said, I've seen first hand some of the conditions that folk who are either mentally screwed up, or just don't give a damn, keep their animals in. It really makes you want to puke. AND use your fists.

I started to say that I would never put an animal above a human, however, before I even got it entered, I realized that I absolutely WOULD in some cases. After all, animals don't have a lot of choice. Humans do.

In fact, I'm going to bail out of this thread because I'm getting more ****ed just sitting here thinking about one case that I was involved in.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don I agree completly that animals should not be abused, my only point was how the left is conditioning us.

Comment

Branden, the guys you saw were ASPCA - Law Enforcement Division. They're based in NYC and thats where they run their show. ASPCA is: Association for the Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Phew, what a mouthful.

I do some volunteer work with my local SPCA (same thing, but without Assoc. at the beginning of the name)here in my county. I do work ranging from desk work, to answering phones, to fetching coffee, to full blown raids because I've got LEO status. Its a very rewarding career considering I like a lot of animals more than I like most people I meet.

Comment

I've gone on search warrants with the ASPCA where we found dog parts (legs, ears, etc) in the basements of abandonned houses that they used for dog fighting. Pretty gruesome. Big money in that too. They caught people from 4 different states at some of these things betting thousands of dollars on each fight.

Comment

Both my dogs, little yorkies, are rescue dogs. The one, a female, is really tiny and we got her when my husband saw a woman's boyfriend kick her with his steel toed boot. The other one was just a play toy for a breeders kid and when he wasn't a puppy anymore, he sat for hours on end, days on end in a cage. She was going to put him down because he was not breed conformed when I found out and got him for nothing. He's a sweet little guy, a little neurotic from all those days of confinement with no attention except to throw food and water in his cage.
                I ALWAYS sayIi'm not going to get another animal when I lose a pet because it hurts so bad. But, then, another pair of sad eyes always locks on to mine and that's all she wrote.
                People that are cruel to animals are just animals themelves.
                We just ended a friendship with some friends because I could not take how he teated his dog, a beautiful black lab. All he ever did was kick or hit him, just because he'd be glad to see him or any other human being. I understand someone else took him and I'm glad bcause we were going to report him, something I didn't want to do cause his kids loved the dog. I used to tell the man, "The day you can make a black lab hate you shows you what you are really like". This dog hated him and would give him these dangerous looks. I think the guy knew this dog was going to attack him sooner or later. He was a real *******.

[ 08-18-2002, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

I've worked with a horse rescue agency and seen some pretty horrible things. In one case they found four horses- three sick and starving/ one dead. The dead horse had been laying in the paddock for days and was decomposing. The horse were removed. One died later, being too far gone to rehabilitate. The owner is now suing for the return of the animals. Wonderful country we live in.
                  "All the people like us are we,
                  And everyone else is They"

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I can barely stand to watch anything like this. To see an abused animal is something that utterly sickens me.

Comment

quote:
                      The owner is now suing for the return of the animals. Wonderful country we live in.
                      Let's be clear, are you saying citizens should not be able to control their property?

I clearly disagree with animal abuse, but, be careful what you ask for.

Comment

quote:
                        Let's be clear, are you saying citizens should not be able to control their property?
                        Lets be clear, animals are property? I suppose in that sence, humans are also property? Even if they are, your a car man, right, say you dont take care of your car. And then break it to the point where it can no longer be driven, do you still deserve to have the car? Or, if you have a child, and you rarely feed him, and when he cries, you slap him or her, or kick him or her, do you still deserve that child?

Mike, PM me. I would like to have a debate with this. This would make great debates.
                        I'd rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Comment

To an extent, animals ARE property -- I agree with that. I pay money to feed and water my cats, and take them to the vet and make sure they’re all doing okay. They’re not free to go, and they’re not outdoor cats either (so they don’t have that option). Certainly, I treat them a lot better then I do this POS computer, or any other inanimate, “dead” property I own.

And if any one of them came up and said “hey, I want to leave and live in the woods”, I’d take ‘em on Jerry Springer and be a millionaire!!!!

That said, I really can’t stand people who abuse their pets. It’s horrible.

Comment

Brandon, I menat no disrespect, but we buy animals, and they are property. They are alive, and I do not think they should be tortured or abused. But they are property.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Don:

I started to say that I would never put an animal above a human, however, before I even got it entered, I realized that I absolutely WOULD in some cases. After all, animals don't have a lot of choice. Humans do.

I agree Don. and this is a show like "Cops." its not something staged to brainwash people, Mike. i also have to turn the channel sometimes. maybe that's not facing reality, but theres only so much reality i can face! [Wink]

It takes a very weak person to abuse an animal...the weakest. and a person who doesnt care about animals, usually has other uncaring qualities, from what i have seen.
                              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6197 users online. 385 members and 5812 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X