300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see!

Ok, so today is Friday and the day went by rather quickly then I thought or as usual. I go home and have dinner. After some T.V. and I get and decide to go to the gym. I'm all energetic, thinking about the physical agilities test I'm gonna have to take and the academy. Adaam, you asked me what kind of a shape I am in now. I'm in good condition. Just want to be prepared for the unexpected. I never think I'm too ready for anything. So well, I'm running and hacking and breathing hard, then I feel something in my eye and I rub my right eye. I'm still running and sweat is coming down my forehead but then I almost trip and fall while the tred-mill is still running. (I'm the type of person who just gets up right away, if I fall, and act like nothing happened) I stop and catch my breath and look around and I feel wierd. So I rub my eye and realize that my contact lens is either wrinkled up in my eye ball or gone. I get off the tred mill and go to where the mirror is and inspect my eye ball to see if my contact lens has gotten lost in my eye. Nothing is there. I got worried that the contact lens might still be in the back of my eye ball and dry up or something so I as someone to look into my eye to see if he sees a contact lens in my eye ball. After looking into my eye, he says no. Now I realize that I can't see out of my right eye but can see out of my left eye. So I go back to the tred mill to see if my contact lens fell out. Nothing, like I'm going to find that tiny-clear circular piece of plastic. So I drove all the way home without being able to see correctly. I'm so upset that I lost my contact lens. I knew SOMETHING had to go wrong today.
    "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

quote:
    I'm so upset that I lost my contact lens. I knew SOMETHING had to go wrong today.
    Sorry to hear about your contact lense. I actually had an appt. with the optometrist today, trying to get contacts. However, she told me she didnt think I can wear them because I have astygmatism (sp.?)
    Anyone know anything about this? I really dont use my glasses unless I am driving at night, ut they are still a pain!

And Fish, If you are in good shape, I wouldnt worry about those pull-ups too much. Keep trying them, and eventually you'll be knocking out 20 at a time!
    Take care.
    -Adam

"It is life near the bone where it is sweetest" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I hate glasses and contacts ... I especially hate contacts. But despite that, I think I'll have to get used to 'em ... I don't want to be replacing a pair of eyeglasses every time I get into a scuffle on the street.

Comment

I know the feeling! I spent nearly $300 on stupid gas permeable contacts that bothered me everytime I wore them. I had only had them for a few weeks when I rubbed my eyes and lost one of them.

I bought my old cheapie pair of soft contacts and they feel soo much better.

I wish I could have the surgery but with irregular astigmatism in one eye, I am not a candidate for it, boo hoo.
        No partner is worth your tears -
        the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

quote:
          I bought my old cheapie pair of soft contacts and they feel soo much better.

I wish I could have the surgery but with irregular astigmatism in one eye, I am not a candidate for it, boo hoo.

Rachel,

You have an astigmatism, and you wear contacts? My optometrist advised me not to get contacts because of this astigmatism in my eye...
          Was she pulling my leg, so I would have to buy the $300 eyeglasses, instead of the $30 box of soft contacts??
          -Adam

"It is life near the bone where it is sweetest" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Many years ago I was told I couldn't wear soft contacts because my astigmatism was "too bad". I tried another kind but hated them. They were so uncomfortable and sometimes on a windy day they hurt so badly I looked like I was crying. I also kept losing them under my eyelid. Once when I was cleaning them one fell on the floor and I couldn't find it. It turned up several days later but I never knew why I couldn't see it when I lost it. I decided to go back to regular glasses. I remember telling someone that if I could see well enough to find the silly things I didn't need them very badly and if I couldn't find them they were useless.

Comment

Yeah, you can get contacts for astigmatism, but they're more expensive, and take's the doctor a lot longer to fit. They're called soft toric lenses. One side of the lense is weighted to keep it relatively stable in the eye. If you have a slight degree of astigmatism (My doc said +/- 1.00) you might not need to get the toric; the spherical one's will work well enough. Contacts for astigmatism can actually make your vision sharper than glasses- things along the edge of your vision won't "swim" or bend so much, because the contact moves with your eye and is always centered. Hope that helps some!
              Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

I have soft toric lenses, and a very, very minor astygmatism...

I have to say, compared to wearing glasses, contact lenses are fantastic! I love'm. Though I still can't wait for laser eye surgery, or the new rubber band procedure...
                Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                -Mark Twain

Comment

I have to put a plug in here for Lasik eye surgery. I had it 3 months ago and am very happy. The only time I need glasses now is for fine print or extended reading. My distance vision is 20/20. About 10 of our family and friend have had it done in the last 6 months and everyone is very happy. My only word of caution is to be sure to go to someone with the latest equipment and lots of experience. I went to Dr. Tayfor at the Windsor Laser Eye Institute, in Canada.

Comment

Contacts? LOOK LADY, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU KNOW, YOU'RE STILL GETTING A TICKET!

I don't think there is any way I could ever get used to putting them in or taking them out. I'm real jumpy about messing around with my eyes. Don't know why, but I think they'd drive me crazy.
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

quote:
                      I don't think there is any way I could ever get used to putting them in or taking them out. I'm real jumpy about messing around with my eyes. Don't know why, but I think they'd drive me crazy.
                      That's why you do what I used to do and put them in once, then leave them in for a couple of weeks. I didn't have the air permeable one's though, so it's not a particularly good idea. Actually rather dumb. The new one's can stay in for a while, like 2-4 weeks, and be safe for your eyes.

I used to notice when mine were in- a little bit of discomfort for maybe the first week I had them, but now I completely forget they're in. When I wear my glasses they always seem really heavy and obvious at first, then after an hour or so, I forget they're there. I think the same holds true for contacts. JMHO.
                      Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5569 users online. 368 members and 5201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X