300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY #2

On a seperate issue, we FINALLY bought a house in Austin. This, after having 5 different houses under contract and losing them all to toxic mold found during the final inspection.

This one is very nice though. It's tucked away from traffic, so it won't be noisy. It's got a great backyard with pool, etc... I'll try to take some pictures and post them on here (if someone can tell me how to upload pictures to a post)

We start moving in the 27th of August. Yay!

Tex
    KD5HQD

I hate moving ... get to do it again this December or May. Nice to get from a studio to a 2-bedroom 1-den with parque floors, even if I do have to share with a roomate

Good luck!!!

Comment

Moving is an *** in the kick...

i mean a kick in the ***....good luck.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

POOL PARTY!!!

Austin & the surrounding area is the fastest growing place in Texas. The traffic there is getting horrendous. Good luck!

Comment

Good for you. Hope you enjoy it. I'm moving my daughter to the dorms at UT Austin on the 23rd. Gotta see where all this $$$$$ is going and do a security survey.

Comment

Congrats, Kyle, or should I say, to your parents

Don't forget to file a new FCC610.

A pool in Austin seems to be almost a must....
            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Yea JKT, i've had fun with the FCC, and I'm sure that they love me now. I think I've filed 3 change of addresses because we've been in our apartment, our place in Houston, and now this house. Hopefully this will be my new permanent one.

And of course, one and all is invited for a pool party!!

Tex
              KD5HQD

Comment

Kewl. Have lotsa fun moving!
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

toxic mold??

huh??
                  -Sparky

Comment

Hey, good luck with the house.

I am trying to move. The yucky thing is the high cost of rents in Southern Maine, not to mention the lack of them (probably the reason they're so high), but I gotta work on it.

Moving's okay as long as you don't have too much stuff or too many connections or tend to get too homesick.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Pigskin:
                      POOL PARTY!!!

Austin & the surrounding area is the fastest growing place in Texas. The traffic there is getting horrendous. Good luck!

Try going from Round Rock/Austin to Marshall once a month. Talk about culture shock....From cars to cows....

Comment

Yes Sparky, you read it correct. toxic mold.

They say that almost every house out there has some kind of mold. However most kinds are non-toxic, meaning you can live with it forever and it won't do anything to you. The toxic kind is not good to live with for long periods of time as it can affect your respiratory system.

Tex
                        KD5HQD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3850 users online. 225 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X