300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Doubt Any Of You Noticed....

But I have not been on for several days. I just posted last night in the "Officer Down" Thread.

Anyhow, let me tell y'all why I havent been here. And it all has to do with one place, Ruby Tuesdays. About a week ago we went out and decided that since we were in the area, that we would go, eat and have a good time. As we normally do. I ordered a Turkey Clud because it was good and was white meat. And since this problem with E-coli poisoning. I make it a must that I dont order red meat now unless I know it has been cook. My mother and sister didnt have the same concerns, or the may have, just to a lower degree.

Anyhow, we had just went out and had some food from the salad bar, another place I watched very closely, when our food came out. My mother had ordered grilled onions on her hamburger, and they had nicely tried to hide the fact the had not grilled her onions. So my mother decided to ask again for some. Getting them. My sister fixed up her burger, cut it, and took a bite. With a strange look on her face, she asked my mother if her burger was too pink. And my mother said yes. My mother than looked at her burger, just as pink. But she hadnt taken a bite from it. I openly let my sister and mother eat my dinner, since I was half way done anyways. After a matter of time we had ordered dessert, which was decent, and better yet, cooked. My mother had already went up and spoke with the manager, who was about as useless as a book with no paper. But we didnt have to pay for our meals.

We were just about to walk out when we hear from the table behind this sound of surprize, from my hearing, it wasnt good. The woman behind us had ordered a steak and when she cut it blood had taken over her plate. By now our waitress was more than irritated by the cooks in the back.

A day later, my mother is in her bed with horrible stomach pains. I knew what it was off the bat. E-coli, at least to some degree. It wasnt a death threatning case, but still took the wind out of her sails. Then, next, my sister gets it. That didnt surprize me like my mothers case did because unlike my mother, she had had some of her hamburger. But we all suspect that the were in there playing with meat, not washing their hands the way they should, and than went out and fixed one of the salads in the salad bar. One that I didnt eat. Though we could have sued, we couldnt afford to go to the doctor. And I was more than angry about that. If you dont go there when you have E-coli, when do you go?

So I have been dealing with that for awhile. But the good news is, they are doing much better.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Glad everybody is doing better. Gotta watch out for that ol' E-coli bug. We don't have a Ruby Tuesday here but I've seen them in the big cities. Guess I won't be eating there now.

Comment

It doesn't make any sense not to eat at an entire chain just because of one location.

All it takes is one poor food handler to mess things up for a bunch of folks.

But a few months later after that idiot in the kitchen who obviously didn't know how to cook or work in a kitchen gets fired, you'd be alright going back into the restaraunt.

These things happen.

While E-coli is certainly out there, Campylobacter also very prevalent, especially in undercooked chicken.

There are plenty of different bacteria that will make you extremely sick. Even if you were to grow your own food and always cook it yourself, you are still going to have bacteria. It's just a fact of life.

Glad your family is feeling better. I've had some pretty bad food poisening in my time and I wouldn't wish that on anybody!
      -Sparky

Comment

Chicken or hamburger cooked less than well-done is dangerous. Steaks and such are no problem.

[ 08-16-2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Bill R ]
        Bill R

Comment

At the very least, you should call the department of Health about that particular restaraunt so this does not happen to anyone else.
          No partner is worth your tears -
          the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

I agree with sparky. No sense in not eating at the chain because of a single location. I see reports on the news every night of places that didn't meet health regulations. Sometimes I found myself eating at another one of those places the next day, and nothing happened. It didn't even cross my mind what I had seen the night before.

glad everyone's doing better.

Tex
            KD5HQD

Comment

I hope all is well now and welcome back!!!

Comment

I'd have to agree about not avoiding a whole chain due to one location. My girlfriend and I love Papa Johns Pizza but won't eat at one particular location. (No Crazy it ain't your store) We had a pizza delivered from this one store last year and the next day we were both sick as dogs. Since she had been away all weekend and I had been in town it was the only place we had eaten together. Pizza tasted alright when we ate it but....the thing with food poisoning is you don't always know it. I have had it a few times in my life. Never a fun ordeal. Now, we still eat Papa Johns, we just avoid the Catonsville store.
                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Funny thing. While I agree in principle with Sparky here, I got sicker (is that a word) than hell one time from an Arby's. I just can't bring myself to go back to any of their stores. This was over thirty years ago too. But God, I was soooo sick. . .

As far as Ruby Tuesdays goes, I haven't been impressed with them anywhere. Their food isn't that good and their prices are outrageous for what you get.

Glad your folks are better Brandon, and that YOU didn't get the bug.
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

quote:
                    from an Arby's
                    I love there food. And they have really improved as far as cleaning and what not. Infact, the one in my side of Toledo is great. They are always packed.

quote:
                    It doesn't make any sense not to eat at an entire chain just because of one location.
                    I dont recall saying we were banning all there food. Just from that one place. There is one in Franklin Park Mall here that is ten times better. So we have agreed to go there every once and awhile.

quote:
                    Glad your folks are better Brandon, and that YOU didn't get the bug.
                    Well, about that, it turns out I did get it. Just not as fast as they did because my body was stronger than theirs and had more to fight it. Though it has really wiped me on my rear this week. Yesterday I slept a full 18 hours because of it. [Eek!]

But the good news is my family is not ill anymore. So I am the only one having some problems with it. But I feel fine today. I just cant wait to see what else this gunk brings.

[ 08-18-2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Branden Whitney ]
                    I'd rather be judged by twelve, then carried by six.

Comment

Sorry you got sick too Branden.
                      Hope you feel better soon!!
                      Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

Get better soon Brandon. It ain't no fun bowing down and worshiping that white porcelain god! (commode) [Frown]
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5545 users online. 306 members and 5239 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X