X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1
    replied
    In Defense of No One in Paticular....

Before we all go dumping on CHP, we need to remember that they were not the only authorized personnel on this call with cameras. CHP, the Orange County Fire Authority, Orange County Coroner, CalTrans and finally the Toll Road Authority (among others) would all would have legimate reasons for photographing the accident and victim. Now the question is, which one of them took and released the photos?

Leave a comment:

• pvtbuddie
    replied
    ... why would you call 911 if your daughter stole your car unless she was drunk?
    The fact that she had never driven the Porche seems like reason enough to me. No one should ever first try to drive a performance car alone, especially if they're just getting in like it's a normal car, and going on the highway.

Leave a comment:

• michiganDT
    replied
    Update

Well for one, CHP will probably ask us to remove the pictures since they are investigating how they got leaked, but anyway, apparently there was a lot of rumors circulating with this story, and sadly some of the worst feared happened (some jerk sent the girls cousin a picture message on her phone of the gore). Anyway, this is supposedly what really happened, although I think they may just be trying to save face because why would you call 911 if your daughter stole your car unless she was drunk?

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1538883.php

Leave a comment:

• pvtbuddie
    replied
    Originally posted by Contact
    I understood what the article said, but having someone VERY close to me almost killed in a car accident, I really never even wanted to see pictures of the vehicle, or anything related to the accident. Watching her learn how to walk and talk again was enough for me. I am fortunate enough to still have her alive and in my life, and she is doing very well at this point (pretty much a complete recovery), but if she had died in the accident, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to publicize anything more than how great of a person she was.

Everything related to that car accident is devastating that family, including the photo that the reporter uses under the guise of their defense.
    I see what you're getting at.

I know this really touches a nerve for you. Thanks for bringing your perspective into this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    Originally posted by pvtbuddie
    The caption says, "CRASH: Photos on the Web more graphic than this are what the family objects to. "

The article states that members of the Catsouras family are afraid of seeing the deceased Nicky, in that gory condition caused by the accident.

It might be better if, per the family's wishes, whoever has them PM's them to you. MSG J, mentioned in my sig, probably has copies of them. I can ask him for them.
    I understood what the article said, but having someone VERY close to me almost killed in a car accident, I really never even wanted to see pictures of the vehicle, or anything related to the accident. Watching her learn how to walk and talk again was enough for me. I am fortunate enough to still have her alive and in my life, and she is doing very well at this point (pretty much a complete recovery), but if she had died in the accident, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to publicize anything more than how great of a person she was.

Everything related to that car accident is devastating that family, including the photo that the reporter uses under the guise of their defense.

Leave a comment:

• pvtbuddie
    replied
    Originally posted by Contact
    It's comical because the title of the article reads:

Lasting images
    Parents fight to clear the Internet of photos taken of their daughter after she was killed in a car crash.
    ...while a picture of the car is the first thing you see when you open the journalists article. Maybe he thinks his article counts as being on the internet.
    The caption says, "CRASH: Photos on the Web more graphic than this are what the family objects to. "

The article states that members of the Catsouras family are afraid of seeing the deceased Nicky, in that gory condition caused by the accident.

Originally posted by eman2k5
    CAN SOMEONE REPOST THE PICS? I NEED THEM FOR CLASS. PLEASE.....

someone must have saved the pics to the harddrive
    It might be better if, per the family's wishes, whoever has them PM's them to you. MSG J, mentioned in my sig, probably has copies of them. I can ask him for them.
    Last edited by pvtbuddie; 01-15-2007, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogerthump
    The girl's family has filed a civil lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol for "leaking" the photos of their daughters death scene on the internet.

It's comical that the article spouts off a negative, vilifying image about the people who have used the crash photos for shock and awe value as well as personal gain.

It's comical because the title of the article reads:

Lasting images
    Parents fight to clear the Internet of photos taken of their daughter after she was killed in a car crash.
    ...while a picture of the car is the first thing you see when you open the journalists article. Maybe he thinks his article counts as being on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• joeyc85
    replied
    The girl's family has filed a civil lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol for "leaking" the photos of their daughters death scene on the internet.

Sad story .....but it says she was not drunk but damn she was pretty but just way to young to go....

Leave a comment:

• Peconic
    replied
    I hate drunk drivers almost more than anyone. From my job, and as a member of a volunteer ambulance corp., I have seen things like that time and time again. But after the fact, with no one but the driver killed, it is pretty pathetic to make fun of that person or the accident. Nobody else was hurt (thank god), but lets show some respect for the family. The article that someone linked above should be read.

Leave a comment:

• Catman
    replied
    Originally posted by Daedalia
    I just knew something like this would happen. I am very surprised that Officer.com hasn't deleted this thread.
    It reflects very poorly on their moderating.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    Originally posted by drock
    Then someone will drive into your car looking at them!
    Nope, sued for grapic pics and offending everyone. (offending them with reality, but they pay money to see it in the movies........ )

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied

Isnt that just the american way.
    your daughter goes and takes your car, which is UUMV, and in Texas is upto a 15 month state jail, felony.
    She is intoxicated, which is a misdermeaner, up to the third*unless* you mame or kill someone then its a felony, after the third each one is a felony. The first DWI here is usaully a year of probation,. court cost, comm. service and SA treatment.
    Also, of course, she was SPEEDING.
    So they sue over the pics.

Man, what people will do for money. I hope it gets tossed. I feel bad for her sisters tho. I bet they never drink and drive. A lesson from the school of hard knocks.

Leave a comment:

• drock
    replied
    Originally posted by Baxter
    wow...graphic pictures. MADD should use them to prevent things like this from happening... heck, paint them on the side of my car!
    Then someone will drive into your car looking at them!

Leave a comment:

• Baxter
    replied
    wow...graphic pictures. MADD should use them to prevent things like this from happening... heck, paint them on the side of my car!

Leave a comment:

• Daedalia
    replied

I just knew something like this would happen. I am very surprised that Officer.com hasn't deleted this thread.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5016 users online. 277 members and 4739 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X