Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
    Just google "'how could this happen to me' + video"
    gotta love google.............good video but i dont think that the youth will get it.
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5
      gotta love google.............good video but i dont think that the youth will get it.
      Especially coming from an emo band like Simple Plan. Come on. I used to listen to my Simple Plan CD whenever the guy I liked at work turned out to have a girlfriend or didn't like me, or when I felt alone and friendless.

I have yet to find a really good song with a powerful message on subjects like this. The closest I could find was "Daddy's Speeding," but then after analyzing it some more I realized that it wasn't actually about speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
        Just google "'how could this happen to me' + video"
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=lIZ_GPGEQIY

Comment

Im wondering...... do you guys think it would be a good idea for me to put those pics in a book. I know there is alot of minors between 16-18 who come into my store talking about the party they went to and how cool it was for them to get drunk . 1 day im going to find a way to track them (put something in there bag) so i can have MRpopo knock on their door.
          sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Well, I was going to go grab something to eat until I saw those......can somebody scramble me some eggs!!??
            You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by POTim529
              SO, after seeing something like this.. How often do you guys get calls to scenes this bad? I was talking with a coworker, back when he used to be a cop he said he saw stuff like that about 2-3 times a year.
              CHP sees this everyday. Actually there is a Chipie in the background of pic 8.

Maybe not the same circumstances but the same ending. People in a hurry, take chances, accident happens and whaalah!
              Last edited by deputy x 2; 11-22-2006, 01:40 AM.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalia
                It is in times like this that I wish I didn't have a photographic memory.
                +1

I still think it should be required for high school students to have a few days with an accident investigator,so they see first hand what speed,drinking, and stupidity does...
                Owner, Covert Vehicle Products, Specializing in Covert Emergency Vehicle Lighting, and Custom Data Delivery Solutions.

Comment

All I can say is thank God she didn't kill or seriously injure anyone else. Yes, it is tragic that her stupid mistake killed her, but at least no one else had to pay the price for her foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 turns
                    With the pictures titled Halloween, she could have a good costume...The Headless Porscheman.
                    Originally posted by LPI
                    What did it for me was seeing her picture before the accident. I have a daughter that resembles her. I think that would be hell for a parent to go through. Yes, she was DUI, but she was still a child and leaves behind a grieving family. I do find all of that sad.
                    I was going to erase my post this morning, but I'll leave it to show how callous we can get. After throwing out that gallows humor, I went home and saw my own kids. A little minion from hell jumped up on my shoulder and said "Boo!" and I thought what it would be like to lose one of my own. I still don't think I can comprehend how bad it would be.

Even being raised what I will now admit to being right (although I didn't agree then) and having seen the pictures in school, I still thought I was invincible then. I hoisted a few and drove, drag raced, and all the crazy stuff that kids will do. It could have easily been my own parents facing such a thing, and now it could be me at any time.

The pictures didn't shock me at all, and I could still imagine saying the same thing if I were at that scene, since you have to cope somehow. But having said that, apologies to anyone that I may have offended. After tucking in the kids with extra hugs, I happened to finish reading Wambaugh's "The Secrets of Harry Bright." Without being a plot spoiler, there are three fathers intertwined who all buried their kids. Sleep wasn't easy after thoughts kept replaying themselves.

After also just reading some other threads, to cop-haters out there: Try walking a mile in our shoes after dealing with this stuff. Despite what you think, we're human too.

Lunatic rant off, putting back on the manly suit of impenetrable armor, welding one of the little doors to hell back on for a while.

Comment

• Hey 4Turns - I got where the humor came from, and it made me laugh. It didn't take away from feeling sad about the situation either.

I think it's healthy, and very human, to feel all sorts of things in this situation. I can think of all the stupid things I've done when young that put me at risk. And as a parent, I know I can talk until I'm blue in the face about being safe in the world. In the end all you can do is cross your fingers and hope some of it sinks into their sub-conscious.

I think it's important to remember, that even without alcohol, the speed and manner she was driving would have killed her. And there are plenty of people that drive like that while sober.
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

• Is it bad my first thought at the end was "tragic waste of a beautiful car?" :\

I feel for her family though, ugh... *sighs*
                        Considerably.....

83.9 on the Jeff Co. test! Woohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by LPI
                          I see why you stopped at #5.

Eh, I'm eating lunch, saw em, all, and just kept on eating...

Damn shame she was that stupid.
                          "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

• She was a red-head. I just looooove red-heads. Anyone got a pic with her face in it's pre-crash condition?

Comment

• Originally posted by banastretarlton
                              She was a red-head. I just looooove red-heads. Anyone got a pic with her face in it's pre-crash condition?
                              Her CDL pic is on Page 3
                              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by LPI
                                Very sad. Pretty girl.
                                Pretty? That is one hot piece of teenaged a**. It's always a shame when a grade A unit like that shakes off the mortal coil. Quite selfish, actually. She wasn't thinking about the lads.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3609 users online. 172 members and 3437 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X