Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LPI
    Very sad. Pretty girl.
    We automatically feel "sad" about things like this. Who knows, she MAY have been a leach on society. She maybe had this coming to her. I do not know.

While I do NOT feel happy about this at all and would not wish this on anyone, we really do not know whether or not rightfully "feel" that this was a shame. I do "feel" bad for the family - I am a father as well.

Why do we automatically (some here at least) not "feel" bad when a young gangbanger dies in a shootout? We judge DUI offenders here all the time as well. Why not her?

I know this all sounds very callous, but there it is.
    "Socrates was a philosopher. He talked a lot. They killed him." unknown to me.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Petergriffin
      Yeesh, not a pretty sight. What a horrible place that father must be in right now.
      Especially since his daughter's exploded head is now available for all to see on the Internet...
      My posts are sometimes educated, sometimes informed, and sometimes blowing smoke...but they are mine and mine alone and do not reflect on anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

With the pictures titled Halloween, she could have a good costume...

The Headless Porscheman.

Comment

Granted, but these pictures may save a life, if not numerous lives of youngsters who are shown the before and after pictures of what this girl did to herself.

It is a sad waste, and it happens frequently, no matter where you are. I am sure the acceleration and power of the Porsche didn't help by giving her a false sense of security (fast, "safe" vehicle). I wonder if it was only alcohol or more than that. Nevertheless, it is up to us to educate the younger generations and breed individual responsibility. Some good parenting skills and upbringing would also go some way in avoiding these kind of incidents. Ultimately however, she made her own decisions.

Condolences to the family and friends all the same.

4_Turns : That was sick and disgusting.... but it did make me smile! Fug it, it was a good line. *s*
          Last edited by Ghostrider_RSA; 11-21-2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Turns
            With the pictures titled Halloween, she could have a good costume...

The Headless Porscheman.

HA HA........

maybe its wrong for me to add to that joke but, oh well
            sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelFire
              Look at the last picture again. Isn't that the airbag in front of her? The white thing covering the steering wheel?

It looks like it deployed, but didn't keep her from having the top half of her head sliced off.

Airbags, form the steering wheel, at 100 MPH are not lifesavers. Since the top was down, there were probably no side-impact airbags to deploy. The physics involved in a crash like that would, likely, make airbags a mute point.

I saw her picture and also said, "pretty girl." But I want, for the sake of my soul, to value less-than-pretty/handsome girls and boys equally. This child is dead. Her parents....hell....any of us parents would suffer pain and heartbreak at the thought of our little ones dead like this.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M.
                Airbags, form the steering wheel, at 100 MPH are not lifesavers. Since the top was down, there were probably no side-impact airbags to deploy. The physics involved in a crash like that would, likely, make airbags a mute point.

I saw her picture and also said, "pretty girl." But I want, for the sake of my soul, to value less-than-pretty/handsome girls and boys equally. This child is dead. Her parents....hell....any of us parents would suffer pain and heartbreak at the thought of our little ones dead like this.
                Based on the photos and markings on the wall, it appears that her head struck the barrier/toll booth. The airbag just helps with the steering column; the wall didn't have an airbag.
                My posts are sometimes educated, sometimes informed, and sometimes blowing smoke...but they are mine and mine alone and do not reflect on anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

Originally posted by scratch13
                  We automatically feel "sad" about things like this. Who knows, she MAY have been a leach on society. She maybe had this coming to her. I do not know.

While I do NOT feel happy about this at all and would not wish this on anyone, we really do not know whether or not rightfully "feel" that this was a shame. I do "feel" bad for the family - I am a father as well.

Why do we automatically (some here at least) not "feel" bad when a young gangbanger dies in a shootout? We judge DUI offenders here all the time as well. Why not her?

I know this all sounds very callous, but there it is.
                  What did it for me was seeing her picture before the accident. I have a daughter that resembles her. I think that would be hell for a parent to go through.

Yes, she was DUI, but she was still a child and leaves behind a grieving family. I do find all of that sad.

Comment

If you collide with a stationary object at 100 mph, airbags or not, the biggest factor in survival is luck, even if the airbag deploys and stops your head from hitting the wheel, your brain is still going to be slammed against the inside of your skull and will more than likely get turned to mush, along with your internal organs.
                    Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

Slowing Dee, MTV has shown videos by bands most listened to by teens that deal with drinking and driving. Here is a link that has a powerful message behind it. It shows that a death caused by DUI effects the whole family. This band is called Simple Plan and I made my kids watch it and got some feedback from them.

http://wm.atlrec.com/simple_plan/video/untitled_450.wmv
                      I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

hmmm interesting video... If only students weren't so stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunkle
                          Slowing Dee, MTV has shown videos by bands most listened to by teens that deal with drinking and driving. Here is a link that has a powerful message behind it. It shows that a death caused by DUI effects the whole family. This band is called Simple Plan and I made my kids watch it and got some feedback from them.

Actually, that was the video I was thinking of. I'll give it credit that is does depict how these accidents affect families, however, I find the crash to be unrealistic and too mild.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunkle

got this message

You are not authorized to view this page
                            You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
                            ???????????????? can you fix the link or something
                            sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

SO, after seeing something like this.. How often do you guys get calls to scenes this bad? I was talking with a coworker, back when he used to be a cop he said he saw stuff like that about 2-3 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5
                                got this message

You are not authorized to view this page
                                You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
                                ???????????????? can you fix the link or something
                                Just google "'how could this happen to me' + video"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4788 users online. 251 members and 4537 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X