300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drock
    Wasnt the honda driver absolutely fine? I can see why he would feel like he killed her or led to her killing in that he didnt move out of the way or something, but wait...

SHE WAS DRUNK, AND MADE A STUPID CHOICE

(drunk driving that is)

the honda driver couldnt have done anything differently, I doubt he even saw her coming.
    I know I said something similar earlier; but I'm sure the Honda driver has gone through some of the what ifs, had he seen her a little sooner and moved over could she have made it through type thing, I think being a contributor to a persons death even tough they were in no way at fault could give aperson to get some help to make sure they understand there was nothing that could have been done and be the sounds of it, had she miracuolusly made it through the toll it was only a matter of time before the car came to an unpleasant stop.

Comment

Wow. I've seen grusome, but now I've seen grusome on a whole new level.

Comment

The pics don't bother me one bit I look at them and say Ok it looks like this went here that went their...looks like her melon hit the side of the building something sure sliced her up.I feel bad for the parents.as parents we try to teach them right but we can't be everywhere at once.

Comment

Reminds me of a crash about 10 years ago, triple fatal, 2 of them had the top half of their heads ripped off. I wasn't there but when I asked the first officer on scene how bad it was he said-
          "Well, I knew it was bad when I was walking up to the car and I stepped on an eyeball. I had to warn Otis not to step on it too."

Comment

May God bless every single public servant out there!

Comment

I would be interested to know the whole story. Porche = rich. Teenaged girl drunk at home = where are the parents' heads? I have this image of paris hilton in my head. I am wondering if he called about his porche, or his daughter.

I know, I am judging without knowing the facts, but I have seen too many spoiled rotten POS kids nowadays.
              "Socrates was a philosopher. He talked a lot. They killed him." unknown to me.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Comment

An unmitigated tragedy......so sad. Yeah, she paid the price for stupidity, but it remains a tragedy. I count my lucky stars, especially when confronted with stuff like this, that I didn't pay the ultimate price for my youthful hijinks behind the wheel and elsewhere. I've never driven under the influence or remotely close, but stuff I have done could have had the same results, stoplight drag races, etc. You don't have to condone stupidity behind the wheel to recognize it's part and parcel of many young adulthoods, even among police officers. With few exceptions, any of you that say "I never drag raced or did something stupid" is a liar. I'm not admonishing anyone, just verbalizing a bit.....it's a sad tale.
                Refuse to be a victim-Support Concealed Carry

Comment

Razor, who is that a pic of?

Comment

Originally posted by LPI
                    Razor, who is that a pic of?

That is the before pic of the young lady that died in the accident, taken from the news article on page 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SGeringer
                      That is the before pic of the young lady that died in the accident, taken from the news article on page 1.
                      Very sad. Pretty girl.

Comment

Originally posted by LPI
                        Very sad. Pretty girl.

*nods soberly*

Comment

And people here are arguing about going 70 or 85. Goddamnit...look at these pictures and LEARN how much speed can mutilate a person. Her whole life ahead of her cut down because she was drunk and driving recklessly.

I'm a firm believer in this sort of thing being taught in public schools. If you elect to drive; you should suffer a mandatory viewing of these pictures. Nothing like seeing a human being reduced to a pile of steaming bloody flesh to wake you up to the power of a big, fast moving piece of machinery.

Poor girl, RIP.

Thought I would add something. The guy who taught my driving class was a former cop in our city. The guy taught us EVERYTHING. To drive it all home he had a very experienced deputy come in and give us examples of what he had seen out there.

-A person who was driving recklessly was crushed in half by his own vehicle after being ejected during a rollover. With the upside-down vehicle on top of his body he wailed about not wanting to die as they waited for EMTs to arrive; deputy at his side. He died by the time they got there.
                          -Another person swerved to miss a squirrel that ran out onto the freeway. She hit an embankment. She suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Her father, the passenger, was killed immediately.
                          -Two more fortunate fellows decided to take a ride with a drunk guy. They hopped in the back of his truck and the idiot took them on the ride of their lives taking corners around a dirt road at about 90mph. The two men were flung from the vehicle at bone-smashing velocity and were battered and broken in the dirt as the truck was still flipping away from them. Luckily they survived.

The poor officer was in tears by the end of his speech and I was fighting it back. Vehicles are serious; most of you know this all too well.

Reckless driving is one of my biggest frustrations. Whenever I'm on the freeway and I see a car dart into a lane, fail to signal, and/or drive super fast I just wish I could do something about it.
                          Last edited by djack16; 11-21-2006, 01:36 AM.
                          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by Razor60
                            I almost wish you hadn't put this up here. I think this probably makes it harder knowing what she looked like before... maybe thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by drock
                              In my HS, they still have drivers ed, you take it sophmore year, and if you pass you are taken to DMV to get your permit. (take official permit test at school)
                              That's good news - it's been eliminated in most schools here.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djack16
                                And -Another person swerved to miss a squirrel that ran out onto the freeway. She hit an embankment. She suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Her father, the passenger, was killed immediately.
                                This reminded me of the one thing I remember from driver's ed. My instructor(a football coach of course) said if I see a small animal in the road I don't turn left, right, brake or hit the gas, I just hit the darn thing. O' almost forgot, I rember something else, another one fo the instructors brought pics of his 67 Chevelle that he had recently hit a cow with They told us we could brake for cows!!
                                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4964 users online. 267 members and 4697 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X