300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
    Any vehicle in the control of a drunk driver is dangerous. If you'd like, I can post some motorcycle fatality images for you.
    You missed my point, I'm referring to operator safety, I'm aware of how dangerous motorcycles are, but cars don't make you invincible either and they'll do a ton more damage (no pun intended) to anything you hit.
    Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared
      They used to do just that - back when they still had driver's ed in high school.

I think it was called "Blood on the Highway" - and it was long before the days when seatbelts were required (or even installed) and air-bags.

In my HS, they still have drivers ed, you take it sophmore year, and if you pass you are taken to DMV to get your permit. (take official permit test at school)

Comment

I have some of the old videos, very vivid and they contain lessons that still hold true. Do a web search for" Hell's Highway " and order the two disc set.

About cleanup .... You'ld be suprised at what you might walk through in a month's time without realizing it as you respond to various accident scenes. Don't eat off the shoes folks. Tennis shoes wash up in the washer won't they? I know that a fender brush and a little soap and water hose ... or a car wash wand and a few quarters will clean up a pair of Rockys nicely (as well as clean up the car).

The gloves are disposable.

I am glad the photos aren't of any wreck I worked and being posted on the net.
        Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 11-20-2006, 08:03 PM.
        "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
          I am glad the photos aren't of any wreck I worked and being posted on the net.
          Speaking of which, is someone going to be in deep doo doo after these things come out?

It only happened a couple of weeks ago, so I'm doubting there was any legal avenue for this.

.. and I really hope the father never sees them, he must be feeling bad enough already
          Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmen
            You missed my point, I'm referring to operator safety, I'm aware of how dangerous motorcycles are, but cars don't make you invincible either and they'll do a ton more damage (no pun intended) to anything you hit.
            Your bike might not do as much damage as a car when it hits something, but on a bike, you've got nothing holding you in. You hit something or something hits you on a bike, you go flying and hitting cement at those speeds, well, let's just say the human body isn't designed to take that much impact. Mistakes happen fast; people go splat. (Hmm, that should be my new licence plate frame.)

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
              Your bike might not do as much damage as a car when it hits something, but on a bike, you've got nothing holding you in.
              Again, you missed my point.

I'm perfectly aware of the lack of protection afforded a motorcyclist, but it seems that most car drivers are of the opinion that they're completely safe inside their little steel cocoons.

People should be shown images like these to remind them of the consequences of their actions, both for themselves and other people.

Maybe if they realised just how dangerous their position was, they'd spend less time screwing around (cell phone, eating, reading, applying makeup etc..) and more time actually driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmen
                Again, you missed my point.

I'm perfectly aware of the lack of protection afforded a motorcyclist, but it seems that most car drivers are of the opinion that they're completely safe inside their little steel cocoons.

People should be shown images like these to remind them of the consequences of their actions, both for themselves and other people.

Maybe if they realised just how dangerous their position was, they'd spend less time screwing around (cell phone, eating, reading, applying makeup etc..) and more time actually driving.
                Showing someone an image of a gruesome car crash as a result of drunk driving isn't going to convince the driver on the cell phone to get off their phone and drive. Do you know why? Because it wasn't a gruesome car crash as a result of talking on a cell phone while driving. That's how the mind works.

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                  My thoughts exactly
                  Mine too.

I wish I knew of a local MADD gorup to send this info to. Locally I've seen almost weekly stories of a high schooler running cars into trees and light poles and killing one or two at a time. It's not right, but there is only so much you can do.

Comment

Yeesh, not a pretty sight. What a horrible place that father must be in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre
                      Anybody know the BAC?
                      That is now "Confidential Information" that can only be subpoened in California.
                      Guarding the Privacy--You know!

Comment

Originally posted by drock
                        In my HS, they still have drivers ed, you take it sophmore year, and if you pass you are taken to DMV to get your permit. (take official permit test at school)
                        It was "Red ASphalt" I and II.

Comment

i feel nothing when I see these photos except that it is sad a life had to be wasted. I find myself, like others, trying to put the head back together. At lest look for what is still left.. gross, yes, but part of learning how the force of a wreck work on the human body
                          Hired !!!!!

Comment

Now here i am thinking that the airbag would have helped. Good pics, didnt see the bill. Which pic had the bill?

i didnt feel any remorse for her. anyone have anything to top that?
                            sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

It also doesn't help that the car was a convertible. It almost looks as if the roof is what did the damage to her head.
                              Last edited by Slowing-Dee; 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Im guessing that the folks had a closed casket.
                                sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4920 users online. 267 members and 4653 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X