300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Contact
    I understood what the article said, but having someone VERY close to me almost killed in a car accident, I really never even wanted to see pictures of the vehicle, or anything related to the accident. Watching her learn how to walk and talk again was enough for me. I am fortunate enough to still have her alive and in my life, and she is doing very well at this point (pretty much a complete recovery), but if she had died in the accident, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to publicize anything more than how great of a person she was.

Everything related to that car accident is devastating that family, including the photo that the reporter uses under the guise of their defense.
    I see what you're getting at.

I know this really touches a nerve for you. Thanks for bringing your perspective into this thread.
    lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

• Update

Well for one, CHP will probably ask us to remove the pictures since they are investigating how they got leaked, but anyway, apparently there was a lot of rumors circulating with this story, and sadly some of the worst feared happened (some jerk sent the girls cousin a picture message on her phone of the gore). Anyway, this is supposedly what really happened, although I think they may just be trying to save face because why would you call 911 if your daughter stole your car unless she was drunk?

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1538883.php

Comment

• ... why would you call 911 if your daughter stole your car unless she was drunk?
        The fact that she had never driven the Porche seems like reason enough to me. No one should ever first try to drive a performance car alone, especially if they're just getting in like it's a normal car, and going on the highway.
        lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

• In Defense of No One in Paticular....

Before we all go dumping on CHP, we need to remember that they were not the only authorized personnel on this call with cameras. CHP, the Orange County Fire Authority, Orange County Coroner, CalTrans and finally the Toll Road Authority (among others) would all would have legimate reasons for photographing the accident and victim. Now the question is, which one of them took and released the photos?
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5012 users online. 283 members and 4729 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X