300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks broke
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

• No problem Eman

I gotta get used to stuff like this too if I make it thru my academy

Comment

• Who ever laughed at that poor girl is a moron plain and simple. Trying to act all macho like you have seen everything bad in the world. The hell with you and get some respect for the deceased. What if it was your little girl who made a bad choice after her graduation night and her picture was all over the net? Sad and pathetic how some of you laugh at those pictures of a dead human being. What separates you from an animal now that you don’t even have the decency to shut your mouths or simply say, “bad choice.”

How are her family, friends and community at large going to view cops if they happen to come across this forum and notice that some of the replies are filled with jokes about her instead of words to prevent such things from occurring again.
        You can trust the Government - just ask the Indians.

Islam is a religion based on peace and tolerence, click here if you disagree.

"In Allah we trust, all others are suspects."

Comment

• The girl's family has filed a civil lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol for "leaking" the photos of their daughters death scene on the internet.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1538883.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogerthump
            The girl's family has filed a civil lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol for "leaking" the photos of their daughters death scene on the internet.

I just knew something like this would happen. I am very surprised that Officer.com hasn't deleted this thread.

Comment

• wow...graphic pictures. MADD should use them to prevent things like this from happening... heck, paint them on the side of my car!

Comment

• Originally posted by Baxter
                wow...graphic pictures. MADD should use them to prevent things like this from happening... heck, paint them on the side of my car!
                Then someone will drive into your car looking at them!

Comment

The girl's family has filed a civil lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol for "leaking" the photos of their daughters death scene on the internet.

Isnt that just the american way.
                  your daughter goes and takes your car, which is UUMV, and in Texas is upto a 15 month state jail, felony.
                  She is intoxicated, which is a misdermeaner, up to the third*unless* you mame or kill someone then its a felony, after the third each one is a felony. The first DWI here is usaully a year of probation,. court cost, comm. service and SA treatment.
                  Also, of course, she was SPEEDING.
                  So they sue over the pics.

Man, what people will do for money. I hope it gets tossed. I feel bad for her sisters tho. I bet they never drink and drive. A lesson from the school of hard knocks.
                  ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                  Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by drock
                    Then someone will drive into your car looking at them!
                    Nope, sued for grapic pics and offending everyone. (offending them with reality, but they pay money to see it in the movies........ )
                    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                    Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Daedalia
                      I just knew something like this would happen. I am very surprised that Officer.com hasn't deleted this thread.
                      It reflects very poorly on their moderating.
                      The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
                      Twitter Facebook

Comment

• I hate drunk drivers almost more than anyone. From my job, and as a member of a volunteer ambulance corp., I have seen things like that time and time again. But after the fact, with no one but the driver killed, it is pretty pathetic to make fun of that person or the accident. Nobody else was hurt (thank god), but lets show some respect for the family. The article that someone linked above should be read.

Comment

Sad story .....but it says she was not drunk but damn she was pretty but just way to young to go....
                          Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector was unplugged.

Comment

It's comical that the article spouts off a negative, vilifying image about the people who have used the crash photos for shock and awe value as well as personal gain.

It's comical because the title of the article reads:

Lasting images
                            Parents fight to clear the Internet of photos taken of their daughter after she was killed in a car crash.
                            ...while a picture of the car is the first thing you see when you open the journalists article. Maybe he thinks his article counts as being on the internet.
                            A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

• Originally posted by Contact
                              It's comical because the title of the article reads:

Lasting images
                              Parents fight to clear the Internet of photos taken of their daughter after she was killed in a car crash.
                              ...while a picture of the car is the first thing you see when you open the journalists article. Maybe he thinks his article counts as being on the internet.
                              The caption says, "CRASH: Photos on the Web more graphic than this are what the family objects to. "

The article states that members of the Catsouras family are afraid of seeing the deceased Nicky, in that gory condition caused by the accident.

Originally posted by eman2k5
                              CAN SOMEONE REPOST THE PICS? I NEED THEM FOR CLASS. PLEASE.....

someone must have saved the pics to the harddrive
                              It might be better if, per the family's wishes, whoever has them PM's them to you. MSG J, mentioned in my sig, probably has copies of them. I can ask him for them.
                              Last edited by pvtbuddie; 01-15-2007, 02:01 PM.
                              lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

• Originally posted by pvtbuddie
                                The caption says, "CRASH: Photos on the Web more graphic than this are what the family objects to. "

The article states that members of the Catsouras family are afraid of seeing the deceased Nicky, in that gory condition caused by the accident.

It might be better if, per the family's wishes, whoever has them PM's them to you. MSG J, mentioned in my sig, probably has copies of them. I can ask him for them.
                                I understood what the article said, but having someone VERY close to me almost killed in a car accident, I really never even wanted to see pictures of the vehicle, or anything related to the accident. Watching her learn how to walk and talk again was enough for me. I am fortunate enough to still have her alive and in my life, and she is doing very well at this point (pretty much a complete recovery), but if she had died in the accident, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to publicize anything more than how great of a person she was.

Everything related to that car accident is devastating that family, including the photo that the reporter uses under the guise of their defense.
                                A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3534 users online. 169 members and 3365 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X