Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yonkers, NY Police Captain Mugged During Walk

http://1010wins.com/pages/125930.php...ntentId=241901

YONKERS, N.Y. (AP) -- A police captain was attacked from behind by muggers as he was taking a walk on the city's west side, authorities said Wednesday.

Yonkers Detective Capt. Gerald Curtis was walking for exercise around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday when four or five young men jumped him and repeatedly punched and kicked him, police said. The suspects then took off with his cell phone.

Curtis, who is commander of the Yonkers Police Internal Affairs Division, was off-duty at the time of the assault, which occurred near Commerce School. He was not seriously hurt.

The muggers were described as being around 16 to 19 years old.

And he didn't shoot the little vermin...why?

How f-ing hard is it to clip on a PPK or a J-Frame?

Comment

Even if he did have his sidearm - I doubt he could have justified shooting them.

They were not armed.

Comment

Originally posted by MostDeaf
        Even if he did have his sidearm - I doubt he could have justified shooting them.

They were not armed.
        4 or 5 "young men" can take you down and stomp you to death if they so desire.

Comment

Then the perp hypothetically becomes the "victim".

His parents sue the P.O. for killing their un-armed son. If they get a good enough lawyer...the P.O.'s life would be over.

Not worth it in my opinion.

If someone comes at you with fists and kicks...I would fight back with fists and kicks
          Last edited by MostDeaf; 11-15-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

They were not armed.
            4 or 5 guys attacking you and you can't justify shooting them? are you serious?
            Tell that to the family of that town Constable down in TX that was jumped by 3 unarmed guys, who got his sidearm away from him and killed him with it.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Ah the joys of living in one of the most gun friendly states in the country. If a "mob" 2 or more attack someone, deadly force is justified!
              Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

Then the perp hypothetically becomes the "victim".

His parents sue the P.O. for killing their un-armed son. If they get a good enough lawyer...the P.O.'s life would be over.

Not worth it in my opinion.

If someone comes at you with fists and kicks...I would fight back with fists and kicks
                Disparity of force can come into play with weapons, size, training or numbers.

It is based on the totality of circumstances.

If you can look at the situation and say "This group of little dudes is causing or have the potential to cause severe damage such as death or grave bodily harm...just like one guy the victim's size using a lethal weapon would do..." then you have a disparity of force situation.

The 4 little guys can equal one big guy with a lethal weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT
                  Disparity of force can come into play with weapons, size, training or numbers.

It is based on the totality of circumstances.

If you can look at the situation and say "This group of little dudes is causing or have the potential to cause severe damage such as death or grave bodily harm...just like one guy the victim's size using a lethal weapon would do..." then you have a disparity of force situation.

The 4 little guys can equal one big guy with a lethal weapon.
                  Good point - I agree!

However, it would be up to a jury to decide

Comment

Let's see this situation clearly: A man, whether a police officer or not, is walking down the street and gets "jumped" by a bunch of scumbags who STEAL his cellphone during the incident. SOUNDS LIKE A STRONG-ARMED ROBBERY TO ME. ie - a forcible felony. Last time I checked, the use of deadly force would be justified!

Comment

Originally posted by sibpd893tf
                      Let's see this situation clearly: A man, whether a police officer or not, is walking down the street and gets "jumped" by a bunch of scumbags who STEAL his cellphone during the incident. SOUNDS LIKE A STRONG-ARMED ROBBERY TO ME. ie - a forcible felony. Last time I checked, the use of deadly force would be justified!
                      Give the people what they want; call up your cellular provider and inform them that your phone has been stolen, and then go report the crime. Don't fight a group of people for mere possessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
                        Give the people what they want; call up your cellular provider and inform them that your phone has been stolen, and then go report the crime. Don't fight a group of people for mere possessions.
                        You sound just like that mother in the news recently that said "he didn't have to kill my son, the guy should have just gave him the car". Best part is - the owner of the car was an off-duty deputy and he shot the little ***** dead. Won't have to worry about him robbing anyone else! I don't give a damn if it's a cellphone, a car, a watch or anything else that I OWN. It's mine and no one has the right to take MY property during a ROBBERY. If you try to rob me, I guarantee you're going to get one in the chest and one in the head! Bottom line is - DON'T COMMIT ROBBERIES and then we won't have to listen to people like you saying "my boy is a good kid, he would'nt do something like that" and "it was only a cellphone".

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
                          Since when do you use force to protect posessions? You use it to defend yourself from the violence that accompanies the robbery.

Fight people for mere posessions...no.

Protect myself from being assaulted in an efficient and imediate manner...yes.

Comment

Originally posted by sibpd893tf
                            If you try to rob me, I guarantee you're going to get one in the chest and one in the head!
                            Now, now...don't be stingy with the ammo...even I, who is cheaper than cheap will be generous with lead.

Gold Dots may cost as much as gold itself does, but you can't buy life in a box of 20.

Comment

Being that a Captain would have to been on the job for more than a few years to become a Captain...I wonder if he was phyisically fit enough to defend himself against a few 16 year olds?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9147 users online. 364 members and 8783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X