300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need prayers

This may not be the place for it, but I'm posting here so more people can see it.
    My son really needs your prayers. He found out today he is having more brain sugery. He had a benign brain tumor removed 7 years ago. He has been pretty ill so they ran tests and found out his body is not absorbing his anti-seizure meds for some reason.
    David has been sick because of this brain tumor since is was 14...He is now 24. I am a firm believer in prayer. I would like to ask for your prayers. When he got sick the first time, God made the tumor benign. Now, with this cutting edge technology, there is a new surgery that may get the seizure activity out of his brain and he can lead a normal life for the first time in 10 years.
    I know God hears when we talk and your prayers will really be apprecited by me. I don't do to well with my son's illness. I manage to hide that from him.
    Thanks and God bless you!

Mitzi
    My youngest son is 20 years old. When he was 15, he had a cerebral haemorhhage. It was a massive spontaneous bleed. We almost lost him. He was rushed to a local hospital and underwent brain surgery to reduce the swelling. We were told that there were a number of potential outcomes. He could die, he could be paralysed down both sides, could be paralysed down one side or could sustain brain damage. He survived the surgery and spent 4 months in a brain injury rehabilitation unit of the hospital. It was the worst time of my life, let alone his. He was my baby. He has sustained severe brain damage, but for the uninformed to look at him now, wouldn't know that he had had any injury at all. He has short term memory loss, is constantly tired, and has lost about 30% of his vision in both eyes. When it happened, you could have ripped my heart out and I would not have felt it. Each year on 1 August, the family celebrate his re-birth. So far, we have been given 5 years of his life that we nearly didn't have and every day is a bonus.

I know your pain. I don't pray anymore. But you and your son are certainly in my thoughts. I wish you both to best of luck.

Artie

------------------
    We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

I always took life for granted until my son beame ill. For those of you that have never gone through a life threatenijg illness of a child, it's hard to explain the feeling. My son is our only child and when they came out and told us it was a brain tumor,my husband had to catch me because I almost fainted.
      I am much more focused on life since this. But, as I'm sure Artie would agree, I would have given anything had it been ME who got the brain tumor, not him.
      They thought of losing your child fills you with an icy cold feeling, it's so traumatic. Life will never again be as it once was. That life is a dim memory becaus of these last few harrowing yars.
      But, the up side is that it makes me appreciate life so much more. I am much stronger then I ever was. I thank God for being there for our son.
      I'm glad to hear your son is doing well, Artie. I will keep your whole family in my prayers.

Comment

Thank your Mitzi. Always remember, you are never alone.

------------------
        "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

Prayers for you and your family on the way Mitzi! Take care and we are all here for you!

------------------
          Treat every day as the most precious day you have!

Comment

Mitzi,
            We have talked before about what my wife and I went through with both kids when they were born so I won't go into it again.

Be assured tjhat our prayers are with your son for his complete healing and strength both for him and your family.

As for this being the proper place to bring this up. I think the responses you will receive will show you that it definately is.
            God Bless.
            Brad

[This message has been edited by Copper2be (edited 05-26-2001).]
            Copper2be

Comment

Thanks so much! Somedays, I feel like I can't get through another day, I'm so worried. But, God always gives me the strength to go on.

Comment

Mitzi,

I too have told you about my DIL. I won't bring it up again. But be assured that your son, and you and your husband as well will be in my prayers.

Artie,

The same for your son and you and your family. Perhaps you don't believe in prayer, but that is not to say that other's prayers may not help you!
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

Mitzi, I am praying for your son too. I know your faith, family and friends will help you make it through this. I will be praying for your strength too because I know your son needs you.

Comment

mitzi my thoughts n prayers go to your son n your family i have just retuned to work after a year, m/bike crash, they lost me twice and i know how support can help, we are here to support our friends and their familys as we are all one, i pray that all will be ok and the young fella can enjoy all things we take for granted, all the best

Comment

Mitzi: your son, and family are in my prayers. I know everything will work out.

Artie: I'd like echo Dons post. I wish you and your family all the best.
                      [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

My prayers are with you and your family, Mitzi. Keep the faith.

------------------
                        "There's no place like home."

Comment

Sometimes, I can't believe this happened. But there have been positive effects also. I never take anything for granted. And when I hear someone is hurt or ill, I am not only there for them but for their caregivers also.
                          I felt totally alone. A lot of friends and family couldn't deal with David being so ill and I never heard from them. My own mother called only one time.
                          There were so may times a card or a phone call would have meant so much, not just to me but my son also. I would have given anything if someone could have releived me just an hour a day so I could go to the store or take a walk. It was just my husband and I and he was working full-time, so it was double hard on him.
                          If you know someone who has a sick loved one, take time to talk to them. Send a card, to let them know you are thinking of them. My son went through hell and I was right there beside him. I'm glad I could be there for him. But, many times, caregivers are dealing with fatigue, sleep deprivation, depression and even lact of eating.
                          I am stronger for it. But, it would have meant the world to me if my family and friends had cared more. If someone would have just bought food over just one time, what a relief that would have been.

Comment

Blonde and Don,
                            Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

The one positive thing that I gained from my son's illness is that I appreciate every minute that I have with him. He is 20 years old now, goes out on dates with girls, goes out with his mates to pubs and strip joints (can you believe it) and every other thing that a boy his age does. Fortunately, he is not into drugs. The other day he was approached by a male wanting to sell him some "Meth". He thought the male wanted to sell him some methylated spirits and declined. He didn't realise that the male was trying to sell him methadone.

I can really say that I am blessed with him.

------------------

Comment

I'm proud of my son too. He suffers from minimal brain damage and his short-term memory is shot. But, he handles life much better then I do.
                              When he caught his young wife with another man, he never looked back. I was amazed. He divorced her, stuck her with all the bills and moved out. She begged and pleaded and cried for another chance but he never wavered. She had been horrible to him and to us and this was the last straw.
                              It wasn't easy and my heart broke for him. But, it showed he has self-esteem, which is a needed thing in life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 310 members and 4290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X