300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Fingers

I have been plagued with back problems ever since I fell on the ice years ago. My back was ok for a long time but I guess with the age thing comes aches and pains.

What I want right now, more than ever, is a massage. Not one of those 5 minute, "There, how was that?" given by offspring, a sibling, a spouse, bf/gf, whatever. I think you all know which kind I'm talking about.

Has anyone here ever paid for a massage? I mean a real massage, given by a legit massage therapist, and not one given by the corner Massage Parlor who wants to do more than massage your back. [Eek!]

If you have had one that was legit, was it worth your money? Did it help? Would you pay to have it done again?

From the title of you post, I thought for a sec we were going to talk about my roommate's college nickname
    "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by GMULaw:
      From the title of you post, I thought for a sec we were going to talk about my roommate's college nickname

You mean you're going to leave us all in suspense?

Comment

I thought katey had found a new nickname for me!! Oh well......she may use that one someday!! [Wink]

[ 08-14-2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Steve in PA ]
        Steve

Comment

I've had my back massaged in conjunction with physical therapy. Much like in any other field, I've noticed that a massage can range from good to bad. Generally, a good massage provides some relief and is helpful as part of a physical therapy program.

My physical therapist also uses a spinal traction device. These things look weird but actually feel pretty darn good.

Comment

Naughty boy. [Wink]

Comment

Naughty is my middle name........well actually its Anthony.......but for our purposes we'll stick with naughty! [Wink]
              Steve

Comment

KK,

Back in college (which was only a year ago) me and my best friend were more likely to GIVE you back problems than cure them [Wink]
                "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

A good, professional massage is well worth the money.

A nice way to do it on the cheap is to find a local school for it (they're state licensed here). They do it for nominal fees.

Another suprising one........those things in the mall that look like a big water chamber. Here they run about $5 for 5 minutes.......They feel great.

Comment

LOL, GMU, I'll leave it at that.

UD, all day long I deal with billing regarding physical therapy. The majority or the medical bills are either PT, MPT or Ortho Surgery, which in turn is followed by the PT...

It's all Worker's Comp claims and I've been so tempted to ask a patient how well the massage therapy worked for them, but I'm not allowed to do that. Privacy act and all.

Comment

Back when I was dating (which really wasn't all that long ago) I'd often struggle to select a gift for special occasions that wouldn't be misinterpreted by the recipient as a token of undying love or committment (women can be funny that way). Neither did I want to be considered unromantic or lacking in imagination. One thing that seemed to work just fine was a gift certififate for a full day's pampering at a spa.

Topper's Spa was a good choice at the time. I know they're still in business in your area, Katey. I can't say for certain that their staff, including the masseuses, is as attentive as they once were, but they still are, at least, a legitimate operation.

In the absence of other choices, you may want to consider them. They are expensive, but as we all know, you're worth it.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Dinosaur:
                        In the absence of other choices, you may want to consider them. They are expensive, but as we all know, you're worth it.

Thank you, Dino. You're a sweetheart. [Wink]

Tomorrow on my lunch break, I'll look them up. The ice and heat aren't working much anymore, Motrin only helps to a degree, and I have yet to visit the chiro I promised a friend I would do. I'm still so leary of them.

Comment

Kateykakes,

Try the following websites:

http://www.amtamassage.org/

or

www.spafinder.com

I bought my wife a package from a day spa one Mothers' Day from a day spa I found on "Spafinder" and she loved it. It was a bit expensive (@$200) but it was a whole day where she didn't have to worry about anything. She said the massage was so good that she caught herself falling asleep a few times. So, if you find a good one, I think they are worth it. If you could spare the extra cash, I'd say spring for a day spa package. Heck, even if you can't afford it, I would say do it.
                          A closed mouth gathers no foot. --Unknown

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Niteshift:
                            Another suprising one........those things in the mall that look like a big water chamber. Here they run about $5 for 5 minutes.......They feel great.

Don't tell me you've actually tried one of those things! I just look at them and know I'd be way too embarrassed. And on the ones in our mall there's this little sign above the person's head that says, "Don't disturb me, I'm enjoying this." I just crack up.

But oh well. Hey, if they work they work.

Comment

Sure did.

I thought it looked silly too, but a friend raved about it. So I went during one of those times when the mall was pretty empty........worth every freakin nickle!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3505 users online. 201 members and 3304 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X