300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting the process

I am going out to Arizona in a few weeks to take the written test for Tempe PD. If I pass that I take the physical agility test the next day. If I pass that as well, an oral board is scheduled. If anyone is familiar with this dept. or if there is any wisdom you can pass along about these steps in the process, please let me know.

Hey good luck on the test! First, why Arizona? Just curious. The only advice I could give is get plenty of sleep the night before. Hopefully you've been working on the basics ( push-ups and situps etc.) Is this your first test? I'm not really much help since I've been BANGING MY HEAD for the last year and ahalf trying to get on a force. But here's some encouragement all the same

Comment

Hey Mortal Knight....thanks for the tips. I chose AZ for a few reasons-quality of life, agency reputation, family, acamdemy sponsorship, etc. I am just starting out with applying. I have been waiting to be in my last year of school. I hope you find a department soon. I have heard many people say to keep on trying.

Comment

Good luck with the testing process. Also check out Azcopjobs.com for a list of other depts that are hiring. Almost all are doing hiring and not just taking applications.
        "To each his own"

Comment

Hey Azhoc, welcome to the forum. Good luck on your job app. I hear that Tempe is a good department. But then so is Mesa and a bunch of others in that area.

One question though - Are you prepaired to live in the heat of the desert?????? It is a completely different world than where you are now!
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Yeah, what Don said, it get's freakin' HOT here. Oh well, at least we don't have to shovel the heat, best bet iz to walk slow, and drink lots of water.

Comment

Yep, I am really excited about getting started. I have only heard great things about the department out there. I have two cousins on Phoenix PD and they keep telling me that that area is really good. I plan on testing with other departments out there, but I am only doing one at a time until school is over in April. By the way, I rather have it be really hot out then have to deal with the white junk that is on the ground from about November to March here. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4496 users online. 316 members and 4180 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X