Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armed Educational Staff...general opinions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Educational Staff...general opinions?

In Wake of School Shootings Lawmaker Says All Options Should Be on the Table to Prevent School Violence
    Madison…Following three violent school shooting that struck the nation in the past two weeks, including one in a small rural town in Wisconsin, State Representative Frank Lasee (R-Bellevue) announced his plans to introduce legislation that will allow teachers, principals, administrators, and other school personnel to carry concealed weapons. The lawmaker said that while his idea may not be politically correct, it has worked effectively in other countries.

“To make our schools safe for our students to learn all options should be on the table,” said Lasee. “Israel and Thailand have well trained teachers carrying weapons and keeping their children safe from harm. It can work in Wisconsin.”

Israeli teachers and parent volunteers have been carrying concealed weapons in their classrooms for twenty five years. Before teachers armed themselves, schools in the West Bank and Gaza Strip had been repeatedly attacked by Palestinian terrorists. Hundreds of children were killed. Not one child has been harmed by gunfire in an Israeli school since. Thailand followed Israel’s lead and allowed their teachers to carry guns for protection after their schools were targeted by Muslim extremists. The results have been the same – less violence and a safer learning environment for their children. In both countries several terrorist attacks have been prevented by anonymous well trained teachers who carry concealed weapons.

"The element of surprise is a powerful tool,” added Lasee. “In Israel and Thailand several lives have been saved because criminals don’t want to attack schools where well-trained marksmen and women may return fire.”

Lasee said he wants to bring this proven program to Wisconsin. Lasee’s bill will NOT require all teachers and school personnel to carry weapons. It will simply give them the option. The proposal will require stringent training both on the range and in the classroom for any school employee who wants to carry concealed.

“We have a duty to protect our children,” said Lasee. “If we truly want to make our schools safe havens for learning, we should give our teachers and school employees access to the tools and training they need to protect our kids from harm.”

The lawmaker said he will offer the bill for co-sponsorship when the state legislature reconvenes early next year.
    "A Nation without Borders is not a Nation."
    - Ronald Reagan

"Every immigrant that comes here should be required, within five years, to learn English or leave the country." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Liberalism is a mental disease." - Mike Savage

Assuming the proper selection and training, it is a good idea.

However, it will never happen. Much of the public has been brainwashed into thinking that Guns=Crime. All the usual suspects will be running the same old line about disarming people to protect the children.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

Golly.

Someone actualy has balls.

Hell yes, its a great idea.

The course for school-carry should be a tough one and manditory training on a regular basis should be included on a frequent basis.

No problem with the idea, but I want to see the idea implimented R-I-G-H-T!

Comment

please post where this article came from....i need to use it for a paper!!
        The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

... but teachers aren't allowed to spank a child anymore....

Shoot 'em, yes. Spank 'em, no.

Yet another thing that makes you say, hmmmmmmmmmm?
          "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Comment

I work on a small college campus. We have two retired FBI agents who teach here along with other gun enthusiasts that I would be very comfortable with them carrying.

Annual qualifications, situational training (with us too), and I'm totally cool with other responsible adults carrying firearms anywhere, anytime. Good guys don't need to be hindered because the bad guys break the rules.

Time to even the playing field

Comment

Originally posted by ltroller
              ... but teachers aren't allowed to spank a child anymore....

Shoot 'em, yes. Spank 'em, no.

Yet another thing that makes you say, hmmmmmmmmmm?

Just pistol whip them and call it cool...

Comment

As long as the staff has PROPER training, and can actually hit what they are aiming for. Nothing worse than a pistol in the hands of someone who can't hit the broad side of a barn. This will never happen though, too many sheep in the US.

Comment

good idea; YES.......but after the 1st shot is fired, i think the schools will disarm the staff for fear of lawsuits
                  sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

I was discussing this with a family member who is a teacher a few years back. Her concern was that if a teacher was armed and a student ****ed off the teacher that the teacher would shoot the student. I didn't know rather to laugh or..... My response was, do teachers pick up a letter opener and stab the student when they make them mad?

Some people are ignorant, I think it's just that simple.

Comment

This has already been invented, it's called armed security guard.
                      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I had teachers in high school that weren't smart enough to make Easy Mac properly. I would be afraid to give them guns. Also, I don't think that putting that kind of responsibility on a teacher is a fair move to make. They're educators, not bodyguards.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef
                          This has already been invented, it's called armed security guard.
                          Those cost money and require contracting out...where as training your staff is probably a bit cheaper. Not to mention that will cause even more flak because "we're turning schools into prisons!" (I don't believe that at all...but if I did a survey of what people thought if we put armed gaurds in our schools around here they'd flip.)

If the school faculty have all the training and concealed permits...why not? Make it optional for teachers to take the training and have consant re-certification classes every 4 to 6 months or so.
                          Considerably.....

83.9 on the Jeff Co. test! Woohoo!

Comment

Knowing the political leanings of the NEA, AFT and other such groups........I can probably say that the chances of legally-carried guns in schools is between nada and zilch. The probability of both the teacher's union and the administration advocating (or even tolerating) "concealed carry" are about the same as David Duke being invited to be the keynote speaker at the next NAACP convention.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Hmm, Israel does it, why can't we.

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
                              I had teachers in high school that weren't smart enough to make Easy Mac properly. I would be afraid to give them guns. Also, I don't think that putting that kind of responsibility on a teacher is a fair move to make. They're educators, not bodyguards.
                              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 273 members and 3634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X