Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buoa mattina da Roma.

Ciao i miei amici,

Much to my surprise and delight I have access to a computer so will try to keep in touch with you in my free time. The Italian people are warm and ever so friendly, in fact I was welcomed in a rather unique way yesterday. While climbing some stairs a perfect stranger pinched my bottom!!! As I said, they are very friendly here.

It looks like it will be cloudy today and cool enough to wear a sweater. Life is good!

Nell

[This message has been edited by Neltja (edited 05-24-2001).]
    When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Hi Nel!
    Let me tell you about a guy over here that pinched then slapped my bottom
    Several years ago, I was at a pier with my husband and we went into the restaurant. Well, the owners father, unbeknownst to me, liked to hide behind a door and slap and pinch women's bottoms. As I was walking by, he pinched me really hard then slapped me really hard. I mean, it really, really hurt. On reflex, I turned around and rearranged his nose for him. It was me or my husband who would have done worse damage.
    Anyway, they called the police ON ME.(I was busy trying to hold my husband back who wanted to knock the guys brains out) The police came and informed him that he could be arressted for assault because he pinched me and slapped me and I was defending myself. And the pinch and slap weren't innocent little fun, they really, really hurt. I had bruises the next day and took pictures. (NO, YOU GUYS CAN'T SEE THEM!!!!! lol)
    My husband was like this roaring bull (lol) standing outside with the police, he was so furious.
    The man apologized and said he had always done that just to be funny. I told him that there was nothing funny about it. He meant to cause pain and I felt he had an inner anger toward women. I did press charges and he had to do community service plus take anger management classes. I felt kind of bad cause he cried as he held a rag to his nose to stop the bleeding as they led him to the police car but that behavior had to stop. I can't believe no other woman hadn't pressed charges.
    NEVER pinch or slap Mitzi! lol!

[This message has been edited by Mitzi (edited 05-24-2001).]

Comment

G'day Nell

Good to hear from you. Watch the gypsies, mate! When we were in Rome in 99, we had a whole bunch of them around us trying to angle their way in to lift our gear. We just eyeballed them in a serious manner till they gave up! But they are real quick. We ran into a seppo in Florence who was stranded in Florence waiting for new docs and money to be FedExed over after the gypsies knocked off all his valuable - THEY TOOK HIS WHOLE MONEY BELT. Mind you we still had a big drink on Thanksgiving when the docs arrived

caio bella.

Comment

Originally posted by Neltja:
        Ciao i miei amici,
        .... While climbing some stairs a perfect stranger pinched my bottom!!! As I said, they are very friendly here.

It looks like it will be cloudy today and cool enough to wear a sweater. Life is good!
        Nell
        Lucky guy...

Hope you have a great time, Nell. Tell us of your adventures....

------------------
        Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Wasn't it Italy that had a Supreme Court (or whatever they have over there) ruling that to pinch a woman on the bottom was NOT sexual harassment? It was on the news a month or so ago. Another question: Is it because he pinched you on the bottom that you labelled him a PERFECT stranger? Have fun but be careful!

Comment

Well, if the guy that pinched me had been cute, maybe things would have been different!

Comment

HEY NELL!

Glad you found a computer! Hope you have lots and lots of fun over there. Oh, and to echo your mama, always wear clean underware, in case of a you know, accident or sumpin!

Mitzi,

If that had happened to my wife, the SOB would have been "doin' the chicken" all over the floor of his dining room!

------------------
              "Don't teach in German, then test in Japanese!"
              6P1 (retired)
              6P1 (retired)

Comment

Well, I drew blood! lol But, I had to TRY to hold my husband back or I probably would have given the guy a left hook too! My husband was so mad, I knew he could do real harm. And my hitting the man was purely reflex.....But I found out I have a good right hook! lol The way I held my husband back was closing the door on him and holding with all my might. He was in a real fury and I knew he was really going to hurt the man. I kept screaming, "Calm down! Calm down or you will go to jail too!" lol He finally went out in the parking lot and walked back and forth till the real fury passed! lol What a night! We got dinner on the house and my hands stopped shaking about an hour later! lol!
                This guy was an older man and people at the restaurant said locals usually knew him and that he did that. Well, I didn't know him and he better not try that on a woman with a 6'5 husband again! lol Dang, he's strong!

Comment

Buon giorno,

Come ti piace Roma? E affolato? Ha imparato a fare tutti i gesti di mano italiani? Buona fortuna con i suoi progetti.

Comment

Copitsweet,

Thank you for warning me about the gypsies, I'll take whatever precautions necessary to keep them from spoiling my day.

Jack,

Lucky guy...

Thank you for the compliment.

A question from a pinchee to all you potential pinchers. Do you consider a pinch on the bottom to be a form of flattery or sexual harassment? Just curious.

GDenman,

The Court of Cassation, Italy's highest appeals court, has ruled that a pat on the bottom is not sexual harassment as long as it is "isolated" and "impulsive."

Whatever!!!!

Don,

Clean underwear and NO safety pins. Right? Just in case.....

Mitzy,

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. Lol on the good looking comment. In that case I guess you'd just have to turn the other cheek.

Buona notte,

Nell

[This message has been edited by Neltja (edited 05-24-2001).]
                    When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

It's only not sexual harassment if Glockarmor pinches you, Nel!

Comment

Sandy,
                        Amo Roma, esso sono magnifico. My Italian leaves a lot to be desired, I understand enough to get by. As far as hand gestures, I'll catch on if they speak veeeeeery slooowly. I originally wrote this in Italian but was afraid there might be too many mistakes. How would I know?

Mitzy,

It's only not sexual harassment if Glockarmor pinches you, Nel!

Like I said on another thread, "He's just too much of a good thing for this little honey bunny." Besides, from the last picture he posted I'd say he has his hands full. I wonder if he knows that too much of a good thing can make you go blind.

good night,

Nell

[This message has been edited by Neltja (edited 05-25-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Neltja:

A question from a pinchee to all you potential pinchers. Do you consider a pinch on the bottom to be a form of flattery or sexual harassment? Just curious.

Buona notte,

Nell
                          Weeeeelllllll I think that all depends on the circumstances

------------------

Jack

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by JKT (edited 05-24-2001).]

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Well I for one think a pinch on the bottom is a (form) of sexual harrassment. But taken in context for me it would have to be a person who sees me all the time and says disgusting things on a daily basis like this certain customer who shops at the store i work at. Now a person who has never seen me before in another country, well no. I mean i would think it was compliment or something. I heard italian men are real amorous and base thier sexuality on the amount of women they sleep with. I do not know since the only person i have ever been with is my husband. But this is what i hear from many of the italian people i know. Greek men are supposed to be this way also.

Comment

I had a situation a number of years ago. I had just had a vaccination in my arm. This female ranger walked up to me and hit me in the arm, right on the vaccination. Hurt like hell. Just an automatic reaction was to reach out and slap her on the butt, which I did. She went ballistic on me.

When she calmed down, I asked her if she would have rather I had punched her in the jaw, knocking her flat on her ***! I told her if she didn
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6057 users online. 360 members and 5697 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X