Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody's village is missing its IDIOT!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody's village is missing its IDIOT!

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.a...43334&nav=0UOl

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

What astounds me is that the sheriff is currently on bail for sexual assault and he is still performing his duties as a sheriff.

------------------
    We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

What astounds me is how stupid some people are. He's on release for sexual assualt and asks one of his relatives to show him her tatoo on the small of her back? I wonder with some people if you asked them to stand downrange and see if they can catch a bullet so I could use it over if they would? Sorry if I sound harsh today, but some things really gripe me.

[This message has been edited by mac90 (edited 05-22-2001).]

Comment

Another guy I wonder about is Sammy Gravano--he gets a pass on multiple murders and other major crimes, gets "relocated" to Arizona, then proceeds to involve himself (allegedly, haha) in more criminal activity.

Comment

Sammy (the bull) Gravano? Aw now Sandy, he's just a poor, misunderstood man whose mommy didn't love him good enough when he was a little kid. After all, he's only a hit man for the mafia. It's not like he is a criminal or something!

------------------
          "Don't teach in German, then test in Japanese!"
          6P1 (retired)
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

But you don't understand, they didn't say _which_ crimes he couldn't commit, not specifically at least. YUCK, what a jerk!

Kate

Comment

I have a story on the flip side of this. A friend of ours, a high school baseball coach, was accused of sexual remarks made to a female teenage trainer on the team. She reported him and, to make a long story short, he was given the chance to resign or be fired. He resigned(which made him look guilty but he said he was thinking of his family and didn't want it in the newspapers.....but it was anyway) and was arrested as soon as he walked out of the principals office.
              Three weeks later, he tried to commit suicide by taking over the counter pills. They still aren't sure what he took. It was touch and go for a long time and he was in ICU for a long time. When he physically recovered, he consented to go to the local mental hospital only if my husband would drive him. They consented to this because my husband is a big man and they felt he could control him if he tried to escape. But, my husband insisted that at least one health official come with him.
              On the way there, the health official broke the news to him that his accuser had recanted her story. She had been mad at him because he had removed her as a trainer because of her poor atitude.
              Our friend became so upset, my husband drove him back to the hospital where he stayed sedated and in restraints for several days.
              He will never be the same.

Comment

And that's the hell of it. How do you know who is lying and who is not. It used to be that it was virtually impossible to convict a guilty person of any type of sex crime. Anymore, it has gotten so that as soon as an accusation is made, it's printed in the media, talked about on TV and everybody just makes the assumption that the guy is guilty.

I went through one (of many) classes on child sexual abuse. The instructor (an unmarried female who appeared to be just out of college) told us "when dealing with children, remember they NEVER lie."

OOHH KAY!

------------------
                6P1 (retired)
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

She needs to meet MY class. THEY will disprove THAT 'theory'....QUICKLY!

------------------
                  HEARTS and MINDS
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                  -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I'm not saying all kids are like thi girl. But, some are very savy and KNOW how to manipulate the system.

Comment

Wouldn't you love to work for that agency right now? How embarrassing!

I remember that they taught us that BS about kids being truthful, in the academy. I was young and eager to believe and I bought that story ...it doesn't take long to find out that kids are a pain in the butt. Try interviewing a 5 year old about whether mom's boyfriend ever abuses them...if you can get a straight answer, I want to know the secret.

Comment

Originally posted by MPD:
                        it doesn't take long to find out that kids are a pain in the butt. Try interviewing a 5 year old about whether mom's boyfriend ever abuses them...if you can get a straight answer, I want to know the secret.
                        "A pain in the butt"????? I'm appalled by your statement, MPD! I have worked as a child psychotherapist, and been involved with patients who were victims of sexual abuse. I think perhaps you should not be looking for a "straight answer" from a very young child, in relation to such a traumatic and complex issue!

It always disillusions me when I read this type of cynical post regarding verifying the veracity of child sexual abuse claims. Developmental stage is a critical factor to take into account here. Young children have very special needs, and different modes of self- expression, to adults. It is vitally important to foster a caring, supportive environment- that will encourage the child to speak more freely. Coping mechanisms used by abused children can result in a lack of conscious awareness of that abuse, for varying periods of time. This coupled with stress, and trauma- can affect the retreval, and recounting of memories/information in children. The experience and context of the questioning, can also influence/ affect the childs story, or memories.

Children are easily influenced by trusted adults, and the child in question may be afraid to disclose the abuse- for a variety of reasons. Many are still loyal to the abuser, many are afraid of causing anger and shame in other family members- and of causing a break in the family. Abusers make children afraid to tell- with threats of punishment, violence, or threats of loss of love.

Most allegations of child sexual abuse ARE true. A large portion of them go unreported. Hesitancy and recanting are common, and a child who has experienced trauma may also include falsehoods in their account. However, this does NOT exclude the possibility that the allegation is based in truth.

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 05-23-2001).]
                        [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Blondie,
                          How sad, but how very true. There are far more children who have been sexually abused and have not made a complaint because of fear than there are children who have not been sexually abused and made false complaints. We should listen to the children, but like all good investigators, conduct a thorough and professional investigation to determine where the truth lies.

------------------
                          We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
                          "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

In defense of MPD, I, too, have come across kids who fabricate stories for attention. Quite often in fact. One of them in my village fabricated a sexual assault a year ago.

When children find out that the subject alarms adults, they often try it. We also had very real child molestation cases. The key is to decide which child is telling the truth and which isn't.

Chris

Comment

Blondie,

I had one little girl (age ten) tell her teacher that she was pregnant, on the first day of school. The father was allegedly her brother.

Full investigation. No physical evidence of sexual contact.

Next year, same thing, only now, the alleged father was a neighbor.

Again, no physical evidence. This went on for several years. Every year at the beginning of the school year, she would be "pregnant" and each time she named a different "father."

She was looking for the attention. Plain and simple. Now I know this kid was a lot older than the age group we have been talking about, but this is just the most glaring example of what kids will say and do to get attention.

Blondie I raised two kids. Both of them when they were little would sometimes repeat things that had overheard, but change things around a little. Shoot, my daughter had an imaginary "best friend" that started sometime when she was about four. That best friend lived with us for a number of years!

What I'm saying here, is that you can't just jump to conclusions when a child says something. If a child says something, possibly without any meaning whatsoever, and an adult takes it out of context and goes ballistic over it, then the child gets scared, confused, and VERY unpredictable in their actions/reactions.

Some kids will feel they have to agree with the adult, no matter what the adult says. They see or sense that the adult is upset and they think the adult is mad at them.

So many times, by the time we get called in on these alleged abuse cases, the child is so confused that he/she does not even remember what they said that started the whole thing off.

Please don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying that a three year old deliberately makes up allegations of sexual abuse. What I am saying is that when an adult hears something and overreacts, by the time we get called in it can be nearly impossible to ascertain just what has actually taken place.

------------------
                              6P1 (retired)

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 05-23-2001).]
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6233 users online. 393 members and 5840 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X