300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mrs. Fish

Hello there, I noticed that you too are going through the whole hiring part off the job. I just mailed my application yesterday. How long did it take for them to get back to you? Did you go on a ride along? What made you decide to be a Fairfax County cop and not go with somewhere else? I
    LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

It seems there has been an influx of people on these forums from the Fairfax area.
    "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

Lets meet at the Johnson Center tonight.

Comment

Hello Drew,

You will be hearing from the headquarters when and where to report for the written exam in a couple weeks.

Yes, I did a couple ride alongs. If you haven't, I'd suggest you apply for a ride along at Mason District. It is the smallest and the busiest in Fairfax Cty, esp. on Fridays and Saturdays, late at night, all for the joy ride.

The reason I want to be a part of Fairfax is that I live in the County and know the area well...oh and I like the badge.

You probably know this already but tell nothing but the truth when you go up to the 10th floor for a post-test interview with the investigators. You will be asked again, those questions, when you go to take the polygraph test. If you think something in your past will disqualify in the process, just explain to them what happened. Don't hide any information, remember, they are testing your honesty. If you fail your polygraph test, they may send you a letter telling you to never call them again in regards to employment.

So far, based on my experience, the advice I could give you is stay positive. I know a buddy who had a terrible driving record. I mean, you can only have so much tickets and accidents on your history, you know. Anyway, he told them about his record and they sent my buddy a letter telling him to come back in 5 years and re-apply, which is better then reading a letter that says, don't ever call us again, we won't call you again, either. Reason is that it's easier said then done. The investigators wanted my buddy to prove that he would drive safer in a period of 5 years, which to me is enough time to kick some bad habits he has while driving.

Who told you that the whole hiring process can take up to 3 months to 3 years? I'd say up to a year. Most officers I know said it took them about a year.

What to expect? They don't bite your head off at interview or testing sites...lol...just be yourself and be honest.

After all, this job is all about honesty and integrity and respect.

I wish you well. Please keep posted as I will do the same.

Mrs. Fish
        "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

What time? Maybe you'll be able to see if I'm really hot... c/o neva seen a hot chick like me. [Wink]

Comment

Oh and may I ask how old you are please?

Comment

If your asking cause you think I'm a hot guy...sorry, not a guy

I'm always hangin at the Johnson Center.
              Hey, have you had your physical yet? If so how strict are they with they vision requirement?

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Which place @ the Johnson Center do you prefer to eat? I like George's myself.
                  "I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that f***ed-up bar!"

Jay the Prophet

Comment

well I just wanted to start off by saying think you Mrs.Fish. I'm trying to learn about the process as much as possible. As for meeting up you really should try to go to TT Reynolds and meet, that's the best place in Fairfax. Try to go there and see Ted Garber play. He puts on the best show.
                    LETS GO CAPS!!

LETS GO TERPS!!

Comment

Oh....damn...lol

please disregard my statement....

Comment

Drew,

Hey, no problem. anytime, maybe we'll be in the academy at the same time!

Good luck in your endeavors.

Mrs. Fish

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4525 users online. 311 members and 4214 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X