300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *&*%%&## neighbor

My son was at work, my H out of town. I can't drive because of a medical problem right now. Well, we were out of bread and milk so I calleed a neighbor to ask if they were going out, could they get me some. Now, these are neighbors I have done PLENTY of favors for in the past and I get, "Sorry, we have no plans to go out again today but fi we do, we'll call you." I was steamed. Several other neighbors weren;'t home so I called my son and said IF his ride stopped at a store. would he get some bread and mil?. I told him not to ask, only if they stopped. Well he asked and they stopped. It was very nice of her. I am very independent and I don't ask for help unles there is no other way. Anyway, these same neighbors that couldn't be bothered have asked me TWICE in a row since then if I would be home to sign for packages for them. And this morning, he had the GALL to call and WAKE ME UP to make sure I would be awake to hear the doorbell if they should deliver the package. And you know what it was? A GUN! I was so totally ticked off and I told him so. He seemed surprised and said, "I'm sorry. We diddn't know you needed bread and milk that badly. We figured your husband would get it today." I said, "Well, then why couldn't you wait a day for your GUN?" I am stilll ticked off. I was sleeping so good and need my rest right now.
    There, I feel beter.

[ 08-14-2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Mitzi,

Don't take this personally, I mean no offense by it, but I've read most of your posts, and I understand that you have a lot of nonsense going on in your life now such as your hubby and his job, your son, medical history, etc.

I really think you need to chill out. You seem way too uptight, too easily offended, ****ed off and upset. Just, chill out, tone it down, don't be so easily upset.

For example, your neighbor. It's not all that big a deal. Rude? Absolutely. But thats no reason to get livid and come here and post about it. Don't get me wrong, you can post whatever you like, thats what the forum is here for. Thats what we hear are for, to listen, understand and be a shoulder to cry on if you will.

Comment

Cop, I've been this way for 52 years and there's no reason for me to believe I'm going to change now. I might add this isn't the ONLY thing these people have ever done to make me livid. And you can't hurt their feelings. I have been brutally honest with them about the way they are.....It doesn't compute.
      I think, with all the stuff having happened in my life, I actually do pretty well. A few years ago, I would have been banned from all boards on the Internet, I was that angry about everything that has happened.
      It is true that, until you have walked in a persons shoes, don't judge. When our son became ill and I went off the deep end, I got a similar speech like you just gave me from my best friend. Then, her son got a brain tumor. And she said, "You pulled me out of the deep end when it happened to me and I merely lectured you when it happened to you. I am so sorry." And, I might add, she is not doing as well as I am.
      I merely vent is all.

[ 08-14-2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

quote:
        I might add this isn't the ONLY thing these people have ever done to make me livid.
        So, in other words you already knew these folks were not exactly people you could depend on? I hate to say it Mitzi, but if you expect these folks to change, you are just setting yourself up for getting angry again. If you don't want to sign for their packages tell them so, you have every right. Just don't expect them to change.
        Bill R

Comment

I think I started a thread I regret. I thought, since they were the only ones home, they might help me this one time. I learned a lesson. THis is exactly the reason I am so independent. I HATE to ask anyone to do anything for me. I HAD to have milk because it's all that I can take my meds with that helps not upset my stomach and I forgot to mention it to my H. ANd I can't miss a dose or my sugar goes too high. Next time I will WALK to the store. It was hard to ask and it was hard for it to be treated like it just didn't fit into their plans. Yet, I felt sorry for their child walking home in the rain today and walked wiwht an unbrella to get her. Whatever, none of this is important and I should not have posted this on this forum.

[ 08-14-2002, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

i dont think you should regret the thread, Mitzi. you're allowed to vent on here, just like the rest of us. but we all know that means we'll get answers we like, and answers we dont like. [Wink]

i do think your neighbors are rude, and i also think you shouldnt inconvenience yourself and sign for their packages again. the thing about other people IS, we can NEVER change them, only the way we let them affect us.

[ 08-14-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
            "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Well, at least I learned a lesson. H*ll can freeze over before I will ask for their help again and before I help them....but I will help their daughter. Poor little thing. She's 7 and was not planned. They are "professionals" and a child was not in the cards. They love her but she is to be seen, not heard.

Comment

I'm a new guy but I'm wondering why if you knew you couldn't drive, you didn't stock up on what you would need before your husband left? How far is it to the store? maybe you could have walked, depending on your medical condition. I agree, it sounds like you need to chill out a bit.

Comment

At her station, why should she chill out, and why should she not expect her neighbors to help her, if she has helped them?

That's what's wrong with this country, or at least one major thing, anyway. Nobody thinks helping is part of being a citizen.

Well I am here to tell you it is. Mitzi's neighbors, if she is portraying the events accuratly, and I am sure she is, are self centered assh*les.

Keep sitting on your back side. When you need help remember that.

Comment

Mike, nobody is disputing what you said, but for someone to let something as minor as this get them into such a "rage" (i dont know what other word to use), then they're very VERY high strung. Go back and look thru most of the posts that Mitzi has started. There are far too many of them that are negative, but alas, she has many things to be upset about. I never said anything about her neighbors not being *********s, as they certainly seem like they are. I also think that there are MUCH more important things than "helping" that make people a good citizen.

Overall, my simple point is this: she has it tough enough as it is. She shouldn't let bull**** things like dumb *** neighbors ruin her day or night and get her even more miserable then she already is.

Comment

Okay Mitzi it is payback time. Around 3:00 A.M., grab 2 gallons of your favorite bleach and "accidentally" spill them on your neighbors grass while spelling out A-HOLE.

Comment

quote:
                        I calleed a neighbor to ask if they were going out, could they get me some. Now, these are neighbors I have done PLENTY of favors for in the past and I get, "Sorry, we have no plans to go out again today but fi we do, we'll call you."
                        This is what was asked and the reply. How was this neighbor rude?

Mitzi asked for a favor IF they were going out again, they weren't and said so.

If she had explained that she couldn't go and really needed the items and then asked them to make a special trip, that MIGHT be different.

Who knows, the people might have been gettin jiggey with it at the time.

Sheesh
                        "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Maybe the neighbors had taken some meds, and didn't want to chance driving because a particular neighbor might call the police on them. [Eek!]
                          "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

dont you hav SIMON delivers in your area?
                            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Okay Mitzi it is payback time. Around 3:00 A.M., grab 2 gallons of your favorite bleach and "accidentally" spill them on your neighbors grass while spelling out A-HOLE.

"To each his own"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6076 users online. 360 members and 5716 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X