Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Academy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURHfFIqbGs
    May God bless every single public servant out there!

All that just to work in the county jail for 10 years before getting to the streets.

Typical academy environment.

"Who's your class Sergeant"

God I hated being class Sgt.
    Last edited by ejay; 09-01-2006, 10:09 PM.
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

I hope law enforcement training comes into the 21st century soon.
      Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

Not to sound like a puss but is that really necessary for LE? Sure in the Military I can understand, but what is the reasoning for this?

Comment

what is the reasoning for this?
          discipline
          I think more should be like that, paramilitary. Military basic is much worse than that.

Comment

for us guys that don't work for LASO,is that just to get to work in the jail as a jailer,non commissioned???Or is that to work in the jail as a Commissioned Deputy??Or Patrol Deputy??
            FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie
              Not to sound like a puss but is that really necessary for LE?
              No. Its so outdated. I went to the academy when I was in my 30s. I doubt anyone yelling at me or making me do push ups would have taught me anymore discipline than I already had. Thank goodness my police academy was very little of that kind of crap and more about real police work.
              Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
                for us guys that don't work for LASO,is that just to get to work in the jail as a jailer,non commissioned???Or is that to work in the jail as a Commissioned Deputy??Or Patrol Deputy??
                LASO, like many Sheriffs departments require that a new deputy serve in the county jail prior to getting street time. LASO is the worst in the Southern California area as depending what race or gender you are, it can take anywhere from 4-8 years before you get to be out on the street.

Although I agree that it does ground some people and make them wise to the ways of criminals, it also (as I have seen) make the new deputies hard. Sometimes they forget that it isn't just them and the criminals anymore.
                "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

thats the difference between a BIG HUGh department and smaller ones.When I went rhough the academy,i think we exercised the first week and a half.nothing after that except for training stuff.if i was to get hired n in LA,Dallas,Houston or anywhere big like that,i would fully expect alot of physical fitness and paramilitary stuff.
                  FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ejay
                    LASO, like many Sheriffs departments require that a new deputy serve in the county jail prior to getting street time. LASO is the worst in the Southern California area as depending what race or gender you are, it can take anywhere from 4-8 years before you get to be out on the street.

Although I agree that it does ground some people and make them wise to the ways of criminals, it also (as I have seen) make the new deputies hard. Sometimes they forget that it isn't just them and the criminals anymore.

so is that to be a commissioned Deputy or just a jailer then you get your deputy/peace officer training later.
                    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

This is stupid ......
                      "Socrates was a philosopher. He talked a lot. They killed him." unknown to me.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Dogg
                        so is that to be a commissioned Deputy or just a jailer then you get your deputy/peace officer training later.
                        They are sworn. They get a basic academy, plus corrections training.

No other academy is needed.

Having said that, California academies are the best in the USA.

The requirments of our reserve academies is offen better than full basic academies in other states. More hours, and more training.

Comment

Originally posted by scratch13
                          This is stupid ......

Comment

Well it's about time someone from LASO commented..lol

I agree that it should be a structured environment. However, in my class, it was those who claimed to have been in the armed forces that didn't take it seriously. Those guys were some of the goof offs (but not all of them). For the most part, they would be the ones talking back, and not following the instructions of the tactical officers.

I don't know what part of North County your talking about, but I persoanlly know two deputies who have been in custody work going on four years now and they don't see themselves out on the street any time soon. And these guys are squared away.

Comment

personally, having been through both military basic training (MCRD-San Diego) and a para-military police academy (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Center) I can honestly say that academy training is NOTHING compared to boot camp. On the other hand, I think that all the yelling and making you follow orders and perform menial tasks that seem stupid (like picking every minute speck of lint off of your unifroms before rolling on the floor for defensive tactics) prepares a person for the streets much more than the touchy feely look like you need a hug and a cup of tea atmosphere of some training academies that are more like a college frat party than training.

QUOTE: stay safe and wear your vest Dad. (author: my 11 year old son)
                              amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3748 users online. 231 members and 3517 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X