X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by (S)Sgt Elmer
    I didn't want to resurect it Redders, but I couldn't let ignorance go unchallenged.
    the ignorance on this thread has been challenged.......beaten with a stick, thrown off a ten story building, run over with a tractor trailer, then cased in concrete and sunk in the middle of the ocean........

unfortunately.......ignorance is like cockroaches ....

you can kill 10000 of em, but even if you kill all but 10, they'll be back in numbers before you know it....

ignorance breeds ignorance.... at this point... it's just easier to let the ignorant people show themselves, so they can be acknowledged as such....

don't feed the trolls, wait for them to pop up asking for food then shoot 'em.... if you get my drift.....

Leave a comment:

• (S)Sgt Elmer
    replied
    I didn't want to resurect it Redders, but I couldn't let ignorance go unchallenged.

Leave a comment:

• Redders
    replied
    *looks around* Good god people are you still discussing this post of all posts? Hey Parks I know of a dept that has a 98 chevy S-10 blazer that is absolute junk. Think you could do anything with it?!?!

Leave a comment:

• (S)Sgt Elmer
    replied
    He did it because it was a DEMO CAR FOR HIS COMPANY.

Read the entire story before posting.

Leave a comment:

• LK Miller
    replied
    John'pushbar'parks...

and this guys point would be?......is it legal for him to do that?
    He went through all the trouble of trying to look real, then adds a pushbar....
    OMEOMY!

Leave a comment:

• pujolsfan146
    replied
    Anyone here willing to submit my squadcar to be considered for an episode of Overhaulin? I would love to have Chip Foose get ahold of it and trick it out. It is a takehome though so I do need my trunk space.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by Stop Resisting
    Coming from a motorcycle rider myself, what were you thinking saying something like that?
    I explained that earlier............

here's the deal, joe blow homicidal "cage driver" as you guys put it, pulls in front of a bike going 120 MPH, on purpose......and causes it to wreck...

.....that's wrong right? of course.....

NOW.....replace joe blow homicidal "cage driver" with a family in a minivan, who DIDNT see the biker coming up because he was driving so fast, pulls in front of him, the biker is unable to stop,or maneuver safely enough to avoid the accident, and plows into the back of the van......

the POINT being, that it doesnt matter if you're doing it "on purpose" or "on accident"........**** happens when you're speeding like that....... training has nothing to do with it..

THAT point was made in response to the idiots saying it was safe to drive those speeds on public roads if you were "trained" to do that......

again, my point was to show that it's NOT safe, no matter what kind of training you have, it's not the skill of the driver/rider, it has to do with the situation.....

could I have stated that point better? yep.. sure could of..... hindsight is 20/20 though... MOST of the people on the forum it originated KNEW my posting style, KNEW that I used extreme examples to get my point across, and KNEW that I would never do that.....

That's about the scariest thing to happen on a bike. I'm going 55 and someone pulls out, or I'm passing a car (moving at the speed a pass would be acceptable) and it does a little wheel jerk in my lane. If you've ridden a cycle for a few years, you've had it happen to you.
    agreed, also realize that although I'm sure there are some A-holes that are out there that do that on purpose, it's also VERY possible that you're riding in their blind spot, and when they changed lanes they didnt see you, but when they were halfway in your lane , saw you in the lane, and jerked back to avoid hitting you... again, a situation where you THINK it was done on purpose, when in fact it was an accident......doesn't matter how much "training" you have, or the other driver has, if he can't see you, he can't see you.... which goes along with the point I was trying to make.....

I've never had to ditch a bike to avoid an accident, but guys like you make it seem like a joke.
    nope, I've seen the results of accidents with bikes first hand... I've seen motorcycle riders die stopped at a light because they were hit at 2 mph, and fell over, cracking his head on the pavement(no helmet)...I never belittled the issue, I said people were not LISTENING to the explanation of the how/why the statement is made, instead, focusing on the statement itself and twisting it into whatever they want to fit their agenda.....

Oh, and the "you don't know how I post" thing, you mean't what you said.
    did Ms. Cleo tell you that?? you know what I'm thinking/feeling when I do "stuff"?... interesting.. I got some friends over at UMD that might want to talk to you.....

Guys like you make people run from cops
    Guys like you make people afraid to pull over
    Guys like you "joking or not" **** people off
    sounds like you're attacking my character.........

wow, I'm singlehandedly responsible for people fleeing/eluding law enforcement....wow..... and on top of that, I make people afraid to pull over.. I'm ... touched.............what was a world like with no pursuits before I was born??

so, why don't you explain to me WHY if I'm such a bad person, doing such illegal things, uber-whacker or whatever you want to call it.. WHY I make a living doing lighting/communications sales/installs....

WHY haven't I been charged with a crime? ANY crime??

WHY have "you guys" (the biker crowd) ignored ALL the evidence in my favor, and continue to believe your own version of a story that you know almost nothing about, that was told to you by a guy who wanted his 15 mins of fame...... EVEN when there's so much evidence against what has been said against me......

again, lots of accusations, no proof, no substance......... if/when/until you can provide evidence to back up YOUR accusations....then don't make them.....plain and simple........

I just can't believe a person who's supposed to be about FACTS and EVIDENCE refuses to acknowledge the facts and evidence before him, and insists on believing a picture that's been painted to make me look like some wannabe driving a crown vic pulling people over and whatnot....

I sell my demo car to get a car that would more realize my specialty, to make it so "un-cop-like" as to be indistinguishable from any other passenger car, to market to agencies, yet I'm being accused of being an impersonator....... doesn't strike you funny that this guy that you accuse of being an impersonator is making his demo car look as "un-cop-like" as possible?? doesnt that completely contradict what you're accusing me of???

Your brain and fingers should hold a vote to decide what gets typed and said. That way you'd sound smarter and not get yourself into messes like this.
    Sorry for the rant, but posers, lawbreakers, and liars get under my skin too much for me to let go.
    no need to hold a vote, it's a dictatorship.....

posers are a good laugh, as long as they don't hurt anyone else.....

lawbreakers, well...depends on to what extent, everyone speeds, or has just missed that yellow light.......or whatever...

liars.......absolutely, if you can't trust them, than whats the purpose of dealing with them?

what I hate more than ALL the above.......is ignorance........

stupidity I can deal with, because they don't know, but ignorance (to me) is having all the facts before you, and still believing what you want to believe, even when the facts contradict your belief........

I hate ignorance.......
    Last edited by TechnoWeenie; 10-04-2006, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stop Resisting
    replied
    Coming from a motorcycle rider myself, what were you thinking saying something like that?

That's about the scariest thing to happen on a bike. I'm going 55 and someone pulls out, or I'm passing a car (moving at the speed a pass would be acceptable) and it does a little wheel jerk in my lane. If you've ridden a cycle for a few years, you've had it happen to you.

I've never had to ditch a bike to avoid an accident, but guys like you make it seem like a joke. Oh, and the "you don't know how I post" thing, you mean't what you said.

Guys like you make people run from cops
    Guys like you make people afraid to pull over
    Guys like you "joking or not" **** people off

Your brain and fingers should hold a vote to decide what gets typed and said. That way you'd sound smarter and not get yourself into messes like this.
    Sorry for the rant, but posers, lawbreakers, and liars get under my skin too much for me to let go.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by hellhound130
    wow, this must be a Maryland thing, but dont you love being able to look up court records on county websites
    lol, actually it's state, not county

that was discussed earlier in the thread.....

Originally posted by Isla_
    oh man.....this sticks, I have a pic of what I think would be the ultimate police car and I don't know how to add an image
    you want use the [ img] [ /img] tags.......

so, you would remove the spaces, and type... [ img]picture.JPG[ /img]

just remember to remove the spaces....

you can host it at imageshack.us or any number of free photo hosting services....

Leave a comment:

• Isla_
    replied
    oh man.....this sticks, I have a pic of what I think would be the ultimate police car and I don't know how to add an image

Leave a comment:

• Isla_
    replied
    wow, for a minute there I thought one of my former co-workers changed his name and moved to Maryland. Not that I mind that.... While we worked security he had installed the concealed lights and drove around with the scanner...ticked off the police where he lived.

Leave a comment:

• hellhound130
    replied
    wow, this must be a Maryland thing, but dont you love being able to look up court records on county websites

Leave a comment:

• HCSO511
    replied
    Originally posted by nebraska_deputy
    I can see a person who works for a radio instalation company driving a car like this for work and work only. I would hope they would not just be driving around on a normal basis with a car like this. If this was a car they were driving around town why not put the company name on the car so that people know this is not a police car. That way there is no questions who the person is driving the car.
    seems if it was for advertisement purposes they would want their name all over it.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by onekwickss
    I wanna know how this guy afforded this...well i could see how...but why would you use your money on this?

It honestly looks real to me tho.

I install this stuff for DoS and its really not cheap. High Powered spectras cost about 10K, a full whelen light package and the system 9000 siren controler like he is using is close to anothor 10K.
    ummm... not sure where your prices are coming from, the X9K and Spectra , including the astro spectra, are now discontinued products, and can be had relatively inexpensive, even when NEW, it was hard to breach 2K$, the XTL5000 which is the replacement for the astro spectra, can be had for about 4K$ optioned out, so I'm not sure where the 10K$ price tag comes from... that might be what your shop or whomever pays for them, but thats not how much they "really" cost....

We actually have all this stuff in stock at work and the recipt for all the lights we have was....huge

Those strobe kits i think are about 500 bux.
    again, that might be what you charge customers, but you (should) get your stuff directly from the manufacturer, and should be SIGNIFICANTLY lower than that.... I routinely charge 350$ INSTALLED for four concealed strobe tubes, with a 90W power supply... all brand new, of course...

then hes got the computer inside. Those cost more than the toughbooks we have being made for a mobile application and these toughbooks are 5K a piece. So this guy just knows how to waste his money lol.
    again, not sure where you're getting your figures from, toughbooks are usually around 2500$, the Data911 systems can top out around 5K......the model I had installed was a discontinued model, purchased for "pennies on the dollar", because it was discontinued......

But yea, if thats not real then its a hell of a fake...but a little over the top. I put a wig wag kit on my sierra but thats about it...i dont know what the hell ill use it for lol, but i think i did it because i can. I can do the strobes too i suppose, but im not buying that lol, and id be too tempted to use them on some slow driver and end up spending the night in jail haha.
    ok? I assure you it was and is real, it's now owned by an MPD officer who's putting it to it's full use... it has been replaced by another vehicle, which is still "in the works"...

why the hell would u put wigwags on your sierra if you're not supposed to have them/use them???

how hasnt he got arrested yet?
    because I'm not doing anything illegal/immoral,etc....

I wouldnt really consider it undercover with that stuff on it tho. Since i stated working with DoS and doing installs i can pick out an undercover car easilly. Either by the antenna or by the distortion in the lights that the strobe bulb causes...you can see them.
    you can't pick out ALL "undercover" cars.....

Impala's have "distortions", vics do not.......they're pretty well hidden behind the red lenses, and the front corner lenses are fluted, providing a good hiding spot...... antenna's can be hidden/concealed, and 800 mhz on-glass "cellphone" antenna's can be used 9/10 times.... so, if you can tell the difference between a cellphone antenna, and a "800 Mhz trunked radio system antenna"... please let me know......

Leave a comment:

• onekwickss
    replied
    I wanna know how this guy afforded this...well i could see how...but why would you use your money on this?

It honestly looks real to me tho.

I install this stuff for DoS and its really not cheap. High Powered spectras cost about 10K, a full whelen light package and the system 9000 siren controler like he is using is close to anothor 10K.

We actually have all this stuff in stock at work and the recipt for all the lights we have was....huge

Those strobe kits i think are about 500 bux.

then hes got the computer inside. Those cost more than the toughbooks we have being made for a mobile application and these toughbooks are 5K a piece. So this guy just knows how to waste his money lol.

But yea, if thats not real then its a hell of a fake...but a little over the top. I put a wig wag kit on my sierra but thats about it...i dont know what the hell ill use it for lol, but i think i did it because i can. I can do the strobes too i suppose, but im not buying that lol, and id be too tempted to use them on some slow driver and end up spending the night in jail haha.

how hasnt he got arrested yet?

I wouldnt really consider it undercover with that stuff on it tho. Since i stated working with DoS and doing installs i can pick out an undercover car easilly. Either by the antenna or by the distortion in the lights that the strobe bulb causes...you can see them.
    Last edited by onekwickss; 09-14-2006, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1890 users online. 123 members and 1767 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X