• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    BigRich
    Forum Member

• BigRich
    replied
    John, for most of us, you've proven your innocence. Let it go at that, and don't feed the trolls.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    Antenna Farmer

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
    There is a prohibition about posting commercial advertisements also, but I'm sure that this is only a hobby and not intended to exploit this site for personal gain. I don't have a personal stake in any of this, just my opinion.
    lol....

I joined when I found out my name was being trashed,to set the record straight.... then stuck around to help with "technical" issues if I could...... hence my low post count....

commercial advertising is different from explaining what you do.....

the offer in my other past is rescinded..

I'll amend it in this post to...

"Any officer that needs help with electronics,lighting, or communications systems, feel free to PM me,if you're local, I'll take a look at it for you and see if I can't help you out.."

better ?

Leave a comment:

• SHERIFF

• SHERIFF
    replied
    There is a prohibition about posting commercial advertisements also, but I'm sure that this is only a hobby and not intended to exploit this site for personal gain. I don't have a personal stake in any of this, just my opinion.
    I didn't see John Parks come here advertising his business interests. He only came here because he suddenly found himself the subject of this thread which is full of false accusations.

Trust me on this, I hate police impersonators with a passion. Back around the year 2000 I became Public Enemy #1 on a Crown Victoria forum when I asked them why they were trying to look like, talk like and act like cops in the old Crown Victoria police cars they had purchased at public auctions.

And I don't see any vigilante actions on John Parks behalf like you have accused him of.

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    Forum Member

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Since I'm not arresting you or charging you with a crime, I really don't need more than my opinion. You're are protesting way too much about being singled out, you have felt the need to explain more situations than most of us really care about and you insist on letting us know what good installation and customizing that you do. I don't care what you did where. I only reflect on what I'm seeing here and you don't impress me as anything more than someone is craving attention from police. The Sheriff can act as your legal counsel and you can continue your protests. If you don't put yourself in these situations, you won't have to justify it later.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    Antenna Farmer

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Your attitude kinda sucks too.
    really? wanna enlighten me? I think I've been pretty cool,calm, and collected considering the weight of the accusations levied against me, with NO evidence to back up ANY claims, with MY business license, registration, insurance, etc all in my company name to back up MY statements....

Selling your car only means that you'll probably trick out a new one,
    yup, already in process, see the previous post I made....

still be a wannabe vigilante and **** off the guys and gals who do this stuff for a living.
    so, where are these "wannabe vigilante" actions that you see?

I've answered every one of the questions posed to me, yet there are still people throwing about accusations without evidence to back it up.....

I've provided evidence to support my statements, I think it's time you start showing some evidence to support yours.....

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    Forum Member

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Originally posted by SHERIFF
    Where in the world do you people come up with this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    Antenna Farmer

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by ejay
    Well, being the guy who started this thread about the issue, I would like to say I'm sorry I did John.

It is clear now that things don't add up on that site. Although at first glance, it looks bad, after hearing your side, I tend to lean toward your story.

As for running the plate of the vehicle, I don't make it a habbit to run plates off the net and it's out of policy anyway.

The public records displayed are several years old anyway so that holds no weight in my book as even those have thier own story.

With all that has happened John, I would be carefull driving your demo vehicle unless you have to even if nothing operates when the vehicle is moving.

As for researching, I searched this forum and couldn't find anything about this site. The search engine for o,com isn't the greatest.

So, my appoligies John Parks of Pursuit Technologies.
    thanks for the apology, it's nice that a few people actually listen to logic, instead of letting their emotions run wild.. it's kinda like being accused of rape,wether you did it or not,the accusation ITSELF is just as bad as being convicted...

my demo car has and will continue to be setup so that lights can't come on... I had the foresight to imagine that some person (even possibly an officer) would accuse me of trying to do something stupid.... making it all but impossible for the lights to come on is the only defense to such an accusation...

my new demo car is already a work in progress.... complete granny mobile, complete with radar antenna and/or in car camera hidden in a spongebob squarepants tissue holder.....

my thinking is, for a covert car, if someone slows down THEN decides to pass, I didnt do a good enough job... OTOH, if I can take a car synonomous with "police",a Crown Victoria, and make it into something you wouldnt even think twice about flying past down a highway, then I did my job.....and hopefully agencies would see the usefulness of a car equipped like that, and hire me to outfit them....

my goal is to have ALL the functionality of a marked car.... MDT, radio, lighting, sirens,etc... in a package that noone would ever guess is a "police" car....to the extent that someone could be given free reign to search through the car, and not figure out the lighting/siren/communications capabilities...

which is really funny when you think about it...... I'm being accused of impersonating, but I'm trying to make the car look as un-cop-like as possible....

that's the MAJOR reason I sold my demo car, and bought a new one... it was too high profile, it screamed "police" all over it, and I needed my demo car to show my specialty.. which is COVERT cars.....

03+ wheel covers,new tint,and a nice detailing are on the to-do list..there's a custom KEYLESS igntion system installed, I'm still working out some bugs though......there IS no ignition cylinder.. just a button to start the car.. but there's a few things you gotta do to get that start button to work

Any officer that needs help with electronics,lighting, or communications systems, feel free to PM me,if you're local, I'll take a look at it for you and see if I can't help you out.
    TechnoWeenie
    Antenna Farmer
    Last edited by TechnoWeenie; 09-01-2006, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    Forum Member

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    I base mine on training, skills, experience and ability. You?

Leave a comment:

• SHERIFF

• SHERIFF
    replied
    (John Parks), still be a wannabe vigilante...
    Where in the world do you people come up with this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• jerrymaccauley
    Forum Member

• jerrymaccauley
    replied
    Sounds like you put yourself in a bad spot with your mouth and your actions. Your attitude kinda sucks too. So, now that you're here, we'll treat you like the brother we never had. Selling your car only means that you'll probably trick out a new one, still be a wannabe vigilante and **** off the guys and gals who do this stuff for a living.

Leave a comment:

• ejay
    Infrequent participant

• ejay
    replied
    Well, being the guy who started this thread about the issue, I would like to say I'm sorry I did John.

It is clear now that things don't add up on that site. Although at first glance, it looks bad, after hearing your side, I tend to lean toward your story.

As for running the plate of the vehicle, I don't make it a habbit to run plates off the net and it's out of policy anyway.

The public records displayed are several years old anyway so that holds no weight in my book as even those have thier own story.

With all that has happened John, I would be carefull driving your demo vehicle unless you have to even if nothing operates when the vehicle is moving.

As for researching, I searched this forum and couldn't find anything about this site. The search engine for o,com isn't the greatest.

So, my appoligies John Parks of Pursuit Technologies.

Leave a comment:

• TechnoWeenie
    Antenna Farmer

• TechnoWeenie
    replied
    Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
    IIRC, your "posting style" explanation was not given back then, but I guess you have had a few months to formulate a response.

Ok, John, what were the circumstance surrounding these charges? Let's clear the air.

Maryland District Court
    Case Information
    Go Back
    Court System: District Court of Maryland - Criminal System
    Case Number: 2D00093228Case Status:CLOSED
    Case Disposition: TRIAL
    Case Type: CRIMINAL
    Tracking Number: 006039122445
    Issued Date: 07/23/2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Defendant Name:PARKS, JOHN M
    City:SEABROOK State:MDDOB:02/19/1982

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charge No: 001CJIS Code:1 5202
    Description: DEADLY WEAPON-CONCEAL
    Disposition: PBJ SUPERVISED
    Disposition Date: 10/10/2000

and

Maryland District Court
    Case Information
    Go Back
    Court System: District Court of Maryland - Criminal System
    Case Number: 5D00100616Case Status:CLOSED
    Case Disposition: TRIAL
    Case Type: CRIMINAL
    Tracking Number: 001001826136
    Issued Date: 03/06/2001

Defendant Name:PARKS, JOHN MICHAEL
    City:WALDORF State:MDDOB:02/19/1982

Charge No: 001CJIS Code:1 0165
    Description: PERS: MEMBER EMERG SQUAD
    Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUI
    Disposition Date: 10/01/2001

Note: According to the Maryland State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy, this charge is: Interference with or Misuse of Government Operations, Interference, obstruction or false representation of fire or emergency services personnel.
    sure... no problem... lets start with the first one....

Charge No: 001CJIS Code:1 5202
    Description: DEADLY WEAPON-CONCEAL
    Disposition: PBJ SUPERVISED
    Disposition Date: 10/10/2000
    I was 18, I was moving, and had a .22 rifle in the trunk, and an 8mm starter pistol, that fired blanks ONLY, that had a metal slug in the barrell, I was pulled over on a routine traffic stop, first question... "any weapons or drugs in the vehicle".... told the officer I had a .22 in the trunk, and a starter pistol LOCKED in the glovebox....and I was obviously moving(car stacked with boxes).... the officer checked the rifle,didnt have a problem with it, then asked for the keys so he could check the glovebox, which I of course gave to him, I didnt(and still don't) have anything to hide...he opened it up, saw it, and said it was considered a deadly weapon, which he arrested me for.....it just so happened that Montgomery County had an "issue" with little thugs buying pellet guns and such that look like real guns to rob people, and I was made an example..... even though it was a BS charge.. I was 18, didnt feel like going to jail over BS, so I VOLUNTEERED for Probation Before Judgement,knowing that I could get it expunged later, as if it never happened... the paperwork is on it's way to getting it expunged.....

and onto the second one......

Charge No: 001CJIS Code:1 0165
    Description: PERS: MEMBER EMERG SQUAD
    Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUI
    Disposition Date: 10/01/2001
    please note the disposition, it was tossed out.....

I had pulled over on the side of the road to tape up the E-brake cable that had broken, so as not to create a shower of sparks as I was driving...an officer stopped by, wanted to know what was up....told him I was fixing the e-brake cable.... in the process of "shooting the ****", I told him I used to be a firefighter, and told him I quit because of all the BS + politics that was going around the station...... his demeanor changed... he then wrote me a few BS tickets..... and I thought that was the end of that.... not so.... a few months later I get a notice in the mail saying I have a warrant for my arrest for "Impersonating Emergency Personnel"......

of course, I didnt do it, had nothing to hide, so I turned myself in, and found out that this officer wrote in a report that I said I was a paid firefighter,that I was cussing at him,etc,(which is NOT true) but it somehow took 3 months for him to get to the commisioners office to swear out a complaint to put out an arrest warrant....

I STILL don't know the officers rationale behind it, but I went to court, and the State Attorneys office said that they were dropping the charges based on my statements,and there was no evidence a crime occured,and did everything BUT apologize to me for the incident....... I later learned that the department that had requested the warrant had some reputation issues....and were, or, had been, under investigation by DOJ for manufacturing evidence , as I understand it....

any other questions?

Leave a comment:

• SHERIFF

• SHERIFF
    replied
    Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
    Ok, John, what were the circumstance surrounding these charges? Let's clear the air.
    Note: According to the Maryland State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy, this charge is: Interference with or Misuse of Government Operations, Interference, obstruction or false representation of fire or emergency services personnel.

What difference would it make? The charge was NOLLE PROSEQUI. This means no finding of guilt was handed down by anybody. That's all he needs to say, unless he is still presumed to be guilty by some. Do you think he's still guilty of the charge?

Leave a comment:

• BigRich
    Forum Member

• BigRich
    replied
    You all know how I react to impersonators. We all also know how easy it is to take something out of context on the internet and blow it up into something it was never meant to be. Personally, I am tending to lean towards John's side of the story. Why? Because he explained what happened rationally and coherently. He posted pics of his vehicle reg., proof of financial responsibility, and a letter from the Comptroller of his state that referred to his business.

Since I tend to use extreme examples to make a point (see my response to that asshat talking about us (cops) keeping "secrets" from the public), I see John's point.

I ride, too. And people who don't pay attention to what they're doing on the road and end up hitting someone on a bike because they "didn't see him" enrage me.

But this guy seems legit to me. Looks like he does nice work, too.

I wouldn't mind someone linking the ORIGINAL thread that started all this mess, though. I'd like to see it for myself.

Leave a comment:

• SHERIFF

• SHERIFF
    replied
    John, I have scratched13 on my Ignore List. I never see anything he says unless people quote him.

I'm sure he was most likely taking a free shot at me, not you. He's had a SHERIFF agenda ever since he joined here this month. That's how he made my Ignore List.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3892 users online. 248 members and 3644 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X