300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie
    "Any officer that needs help with electronics,lighting, or communications systems, feel free to PM me,if you're local, I'll take a look at it for you and see if I can't help you out.."
    better ?
    How far will you travel to help me install an overhead DVD player in my new Excursion (for my daughter)?

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
      Since I'm not arresting you or charging you with a crime, I really don't need more than my opinion.
      so what would u do if you pulled me over, and I presented you my registration,insurance, and business license,(and possibly install references depending on how nice you asked)? use the evidence in front of you as a basis for the decision you're about to make? or use your "gut" that you "know" I've done something wrong and you're gonna make me pay??

You're are protesting way too much about being singled out, you have felt the need to explain more situations than most of us really care about and you insist on letting us know what good installation and customizing that you do. I don't care what you did where.
      again, that goes back to MY point... which I made in an earlier post, right in this thread...

Originally posted by technoweenie
      at that point it didnt matter WHAT I said, mob mentality had already set in... I was told to "defend myself" and "explain what you said",then when I explained the situation, I was told I "must be guilty" because I was defending myself,lol...
      you proved my point for me, thank you...

I don't think supplying evidence supporting my position would be considered "too much".. what would u like I do? just sit there and let people mistakenly believe I'm some whacko running motorcycles off the road with the insinuation that I get my jollies off pulling over women or some such nonsense??

how bout I call you a crooked cop(for the purposes of this discussion,I'm in no way saying you are,just making an example so you might understand my point better.), then when you try to say "I have a perfect service record, I've never been reprimanded, and I'm a fair person to deal with",etc. and I come back and say you're defending yourself too much,and you must be a crooked cop because you're trying too hard to clear your name... does that sound fair???

I only reflect on what I'm seeing here and you don't impress me as anything more than someone is craving attention from police. [snip].
      how so? can u qualify that statement? I'm confused, it appears that you're calling me a "police groupie" , am I understanding your statement correctly?

If you don't put yourself in these situations, you won't have to justify it later.
      agreed, thats why I always do my best to find out what really happened before making a judgement...

I'm sure you would feel the same way if you had to shoot someone, and everyone ignored the WHY of the situation, just focused on the fact that you killed someone....

then people ask WHY, and demand you justify your reason to shoot someone, you pull out the "he raised is gun towards me" argument,then everyone just says you're just making excuses....and calls you a killer...

does THAT sound fair?
      Owner, Covert Vehicle Products, Specializing in Covert Emergency Vehicle Lighting, and Custom Data Delivery Solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by SHERIFF
        How far will you travel to help me install an overhead DVD player in my new Excursion (for my daughter)?
        for FREE help, you have to come to me.....

donations to the John Parks lunch memorial fund are always appreciated...

I'm at the address listed on the registration/insurance/business license....

if you want, PM me, and I'll get you my cell number, I'm about a 1 1/2 hours or so north of richmond, it'll probably be faster to hop across the nice bridge, and take 301 north....

if you're serious there's some more info I need, like the model number of overhead DVD player....so I can have wiring diagrams handy,to plan the install...
        Owner, Covert Vehicle Products, Specializing in Covert Emergency Vehicle Lighting, and Custom Data Delivery Solutions.

Comment

Wait, so you drove a pimped out Crown Vic and say things like this;
          every time I see some %!$#*& driving 90mph+ on a bike coming up in the rear view, I "politely" pull right in front of him..
          .. and it's our fault we think you're a wannabe or vigilante?

If you were talking hypotheticals, then use a hypothetical, not a sentence that reads like you think that speeding gives you an excuse for attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon.
          Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmen
            Wait, so you drove a pimped out Crown Vic and say things like this;

.. and it's our fault we think you're a wannabe or vigilante?

If you were talking hypotheticals, then use a hypothetical, not a sentence that reads like you think that speeding gives you an excuse for attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon.
            if you don't understand the way I post, then yes, that would be the assumption... I'm not faulting people for assuming, I'm faulting people for not listening to logic/reason when an alternative explanation is offered....

posting in first person has more effect than posting a "what if"...

saying.. " I do " XYZ makes it personal, when someone goes on the attack towards someone, then they get their proverbial *** handed to them,because they were wrong.. THAT is my posting style...

think of it as bowling.... set the pins up, and knock 'em down....

controversial, yes, thought provoking, yes, but those who know my posting style know what I'm doing , or trying to achieve, and that's making a point....

it's people who take things out of context, and continue to do so even when corrected, that are the issue, IMO.

I completely understand people reading the statement and saying "WTF?", getting upset, or whatnot......if I was on the other end, I'd be saying "this guy has some screws loose"... but when the REASON for the post would have been explained,I would have just realized that I was used to make a point, and got all angry for nothing....

I DON'T understand people continuing to make a big deal out of it when there's a reasonable explanation for why the statement was made....
            Last edited by TechnoWeenie; 09-01-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

You're not handing someone's proverbial *** when you say one thing to provoke a response and then say "Haha! I meant something completely different! That showed you huh!?".

Now I realise that some things can get taken out of context, but it's pretty hard to provide a valid context for something as dumb as that statement.

You didn't provoke any thoughts other than "this guy thinks that he's free to kill other road users if they're speeding", it just made you look like an ***.

It didn't make anyone think about their own position if that was your aim, it doesn't make motorcyclists think they're not free to speed, it might make more than a couple think that they might want to key your car or take your wing mirror off if they see you on the street but I can guarantee that it's not getting your point across.

It's non-sensical and completely irrational and totally deserving of the amount of flak you ended up drawing for saying something so assinine in the first place.

Ps. You typed "technologies" incorrectly in your sig.
              Last edited by Dolmen; 09-01-2006, 08:33 PM.
              Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

This my input to this thread: IBTL
                www.military.com

Moderator Hot Topics

www.militarypoliceassn.net

Comment

for FREE help, you have to come to me.....
                  I don't do that traffic up there in Northern Virginia and Maryland unless it's a life or death situation.

Or to kick ***.

...if you're serious there's some more info I need, like the model number of overhead DVD player....so I can have wiring diagrams handy,to plan the install...
                  Haven't decided which one I want yet. I might try to get OEM Ford DVD equipment if I can get a decent price on a new one, or if I can find a wrecked Excursion to pull one out of. The only problem with finding a wrecked Excursion is the fact they are usually a "roll over" if totaled, and this has basically ruined the system.

Comment

What exactly is the difference between John drving around in a "company" vehicle that is decked out and a Whelen rep drving around in a decked out Crown Vic?? The only difference that I see is that Whelen is a huge well known company and John's is small.

Also, despite the fact that these lighting company's vehicles are marked with the company name, they still look like legit police cars, especially to the average citizen that wouldn't know any better.

Comment

The poser police already made thier arrest and Mr Parks has been released without charge.

As for those who question his character, only time will tell.
                      "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

I don't do that traffic up there in Northern Virginia and Maryland unless it's a life or death situation.

Or to kick ***.

Haven't decided which one I want yet. I might try to get OEM Ford DVD equipment if I can get a decent price on a new one, or if I can find a wrecked Excursion to pull one out of. The only problem with finding a wrecked Excursion is the fact they are usually a "roll over" if totaled, and this has basically ruined the system.
                        I'll PM you my cell number, it's easier to talk about all your options over the phone....

Ps. You typed "technologies" incorrectly in your sig.
                        holy hell, you're right.... sometimes I type too fast for my own good, thanks for the heads up...

Comment

Originally posted by SW Indiana
                          What exactly is the difference between John drving around in a "company" vehicle that is decked out and a Whelen rep drving around in a decked out Crown Vic??

None.

I'll be the first to admit that when I first learned of "John Parks" and saw images of his car a while back.... I too overreacted by thinking the worst.

About 15 to 20 years ago I contemplated opening a business and cashing in at the public trough. Dick Cheney does. It was my intentions to manufacture and distribute women's uniform pants that fit properly. Do you have any idea how hard it was back then for women to find uniform pants that fit properly? To get the right hip size, the waist had to be 12" too large. And to get the right waist size, the hips were busting at the seams. Women just aren't shaped like men. When's the last time you saw a man's measurments as 34-24-34? For all I know it could still be a major problem? The dream kinda fizzled away because I could not find reasonably priced warehouse space or accomodations in my area. And to buy property plus the cost of a new building was just too big of a risk to take.

Comment

I'll PM you my cell number, it's easier to talk about all your options over the phone....
                            Thanks, but I'm not really ready to jump yet. I think I going to try and locate an OEM system first. They are pre-shaped and molded to fit the headliner, plus they have a place to mount the rear A/C controls in the factory system.

Comment

Thanks, but I'm not really ready to jump yet. I think I going to try and locate an OEM system first. They are pre-shaped and molded to fit the headliner, plus they have a place to mount the rear A/C controls in the factory system.

Visteon is the OEM supplier for ford, IIRC.

Comment

You guys want to see a real poser? This guy named Kyle drives a white Impala...This thing has everything except an overhead lightbar! Flashers front and back, cage!!! radio equipment, wheel caps like a Police cruiser, and has all the random Police items in the trunk(cones, traffic vest, police pancho, first aid kit, and other random junk).

If I can get pictures of it parked I'll post em, you will see a real poser. Also his wardrobe as far as I can tell is Nebraksa State Patrol shirts, shirts in bold saying POLICE, and NSP SWAT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3848 users online. 233 members and 3615 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X