300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint.. or.. Sinner

Tom Green, a Morman fundamentalist, faces jail after being convicted of bigamy last week in the state of Utah.

He has 5 wives and 29 children, the wives have a rota for visiting at night. As the first 'patriarch' to be convicted since the Second World War in the US, Green was quoted as saying "people think it's about a dirty old man molesting little girls but its more about love than sex"..... oh yes?????

In 1989 a 13 year old girl went to juvenile court accusing Green of sexually molesting her, a charge she withdrew when he married her two years later!

So what is Green? a persecuted saint... or sinner, a sexual athelete... or abnormal, a love machine... or pervert, hiding under the legitimacy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints .

Me, I think he is just pervert preying on very young girls, a predilection that would have resulted in a prison sentence in most other countries, years ago.

If a person can support multiple spouses and the existing spouses agree to the lifestyle, hey, I have to say it should be allowed.
    Aside from the underage thing you mentioned, this Green guy supported his extended family on the public dole. I don't think we should have to shell out thousands because some guy wants to have a dozen wives and cannot support all of them without help.

Comment

Surely having five wives is punishment enough.

Comment

Having 5 mother-in-laws is the REAL punishment!

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this one. First they say his wives are sucking off welfare. My personal belief is if you can't support them don't "continue" to have them. If you fall on hard times and need the help to get by, then fine. But do your best to help yourself get out of the bind so the welfare can be given to the next person when they need it. Second, That is alot of kids! And if he stays around to help raise them, thats wonderful because nowadays you can barely get a man or woman to stay around and raise just one. Third, I think the having sex with minors thing has gone to far. This is just a pedophile in sheeps clothing. Besides if he does jail time he can always look at it as an extended vacation without wives and kids

Comment

I've never heard about the wives, kids, and sex stuff about Tom Green, but his series is one of the funniest out there (the Tom Green Show).

But I sure know if I saw him on the street, i'd be keeping a close eye on him.

Mike

Comment

Wrong Tom Green but the one you are thinking of would be stupid enough to do this also. I can't stand the guy!

Comment

My bad.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by colinm:
                  [So what is Green? a persecuted saint... or sinner, a sexual athelete... or abnormal, a love machine... or pervert, hiding under the legitimacy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints .

*The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does not promote or endorse polygamy, although at one time it played a part in their church history.

Me, I think he is just pervert preying on very young girls, a predilection that would have resulted in a prison sentence in most other countries, years ago. [/B]
                  *Totally agree, it is sickening.

------------------
                  "The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."
                  "The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."

Comment

Well folks, having lived around the
                    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Although my first thought was that having 5 husbands would be nice and even out the chores more....... I agree with you Colinm.

Also Don, thanks for sharing that information. (I love learning and discussing history, religion and politics especially when they all go together!!)

------------------
                      Treat every day as the most precious day you have!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Don:
                        You would be absolutely amazed at how many of these folks there are. This was ONE of the founding principles of the Mormon Church. The church officially gave up Polygamy so that the United States would accept Utah as a state.

Polygamy was not one of the founding principles of the Mormon religion. That implies that the church or religion was created around this ideology or principle. It was not. It did happen and it was discontinued as you stated. Knowing anything about Utah or living in it, you should know that.

Ain

Comment

Originally posted by Teton:
                          I can think of a lot worse places and things. Polygamy is practiced all over this country, not just the western U.S.
                          Yeah Teton, I sort of figured I would step on SOMEBODY's toes here. Sorry about that, but facts are facts. And when MY tax dollars go to support this type of behaviour it ****es me off.

I am not talking about what a friend who overheard somebody's friend tell another friend said. I am talking about stuff I have witnessed with my own eyes. I'm talking about stuff I have been told by Plig associates that I had when I lived in "Dixie" (southern Utah).

I agree that there are worse places than Utah. Heaven knows I've lived in a few of them! Utah is an absolutely beautiful state and there are a lot of fine folks who live there.

But that does not change the facts here.

------------------
                          "Don't teach in German, then test in Japanese!"
                          6P1 (retired)
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
                            Yeah Teton, I sort of figured I would step on SOMEBODY's toes here. Sorry about that, but facts are facts. And when MY tax dollars go to support this type of behaviour it ****es me off.

I am not talking about what a friend who overheard somebody's friend tell another friend said. I am talking about stuff I have witnessed with my own eyes. I'm talking about stuff I have been told by Plig associates that I had when I lived in "Dixie" (southern Utah).

I agree that there are worse places than Utah. Heaven knows I've lived in a few of them! Utah is an absolutely beautiful state and there are a lot of fine folks who live there.

But that does not change the facts here.

* I didn't mean to appear as being offended. I know that the facts about the housing etc., are true. I'm not arguing that fact. I was only setting the record straight about what you said earlier about polygamy being a founding principle. I agree with everything else that you said. It is true, and it should be stopped.

------------------

Comment

Religious or not, it is still child abuse. A 13 year old girl is not old enough nor mature enough to know whom she wants to marry and spend the rest of her life with. And especially not to a 50 something year old man. They may cry religious persecution if they wish, but this is child abuse hiding behind religion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4601 users online. 310 members and 4291 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X