300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime Reporting - New Communications Channels

I'm doing some research on ways in which various Police Forces obtain crime reports. My main focus at present is on hate crimes, esp. where victims are scared of talking to police (i.e. racial/homophobic crimes) and as a result where these crimes tend to be very under-reported (at least in the UK this is the case).

The main aim of my project (which is being run by the Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advisroy board to the Metropolitain Police Service in London, UK) is to set up various new channels for victims to report crimes. Online reporting being an important one.

I would be interested in hearing of any inititives which have been successful (or unsuccessful - as we all learn from mistakes) in other force areas.

Thanks for your help.
    Stay safe.

Chris

------------------
    Chris Dreyfus
    Special Constable
    British Transport Police, UK
    Chris Dreyfus
    Special Constable
    British Transport Police, UK

Hi Chris,

This is a good topic! Almost all of us have within our various communities, minorities who are flatly afraid to report crimes to police. The biggest one that come to my mind, because of where I worked were the "illegal aliens," or "undocumented persons," if you are looking for PC.

I can tell you that from my experience, these are terribly hard folks to try to deal with as victims or witnesses. Therefore they are preyed on continually by the other criminal element. I say the other criminal element because of course by there very presence in this country without have the legal status to be here, it makes them criminals themselves. The sad part of it is, that the VAST majority of these folks are just here trying to make enough money to send home to keep their families going.

I wish you a lot of luck in your quest. If you come up with some solid answers, PLEASE share them with us!

------------------
    "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don,
      I couldn't agree with you more about illegal aliens. The harassment they receive is terrible, especially from the FBI. The EPA and FAA have total rage fits about the UFO's and the alternative fuels being used in their vehicles. I for one think the government should pass laws which protect the rights of aliens against this discrimination. ALF's ( alien life forms) can not control their weird behavior. Also they way they are depicted on TV is deplorable and very discrimatory. Just look at the the PrimeCo commercials. How would you like to be born a little pink guy (ALF). At least GAY's have a choice.

------------------
      "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-22-2001).]
      "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

------------------
        "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"
        6P1 (retired)
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

[This message has been edited by Guard Dog (edited 05-21-2001).]
          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4466 users online. 319 members and 4147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X