300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made it over the wall!!

I failed the retest and i was not even mad or depressed I made it over the wall. In the end I was the only recruit standing there with a huge smile plastered across my face even though i failed. I can not tell you how great it was to get over that wall. Now i have 3 months to get the speed running down so i can pass the rest of the test. The girl with me had a really bad day with all of the tests and she asked why i was so happy even though i did not pass. I told her that it was ok and since i got over the wall nothing could ruin my day. Also now when i go back i will be 30 and all the requirements come down a little. Now i know i will pass since i am going to be one of the youngest in the age group and out of all 4 tests i am passing in the range of 30-39 anyway. (except the benchpress which is the easiest. I can bench 115lbs. Isn't getting old wonderful sometimes Now I can't wait till August.

Congraulations(?) ftrphxcop

That is a big hurdle (no pun intended) to overcome.

Best of luck on the next go-round.

------------------
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!

------------------
      Treat every day as the most precious day you have!

Comment

Congratulations! That is an accomplishment. With your determination, I know you'll do fine on the rest. I've always believed that the people who have to overcome obstacles (also no pun intended) are the wisest in the long run.

Comment

Well lets see now. Big hurdle, no that's already been used. Overcome obstacles, naw, that's been used too. Ok, I
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Yes, I have to do the whole thing over every time. And i keep encountering the ruthless police woman who must never get a day off. She is so hard on me. So much for being worried that i would not get in on merit alone. She is really going to make the process hard for me. I wanted to ask if i remind her of an enemy but did not want to get her on my bad side if so. And you should see the second set of bruises i recieved from this testing. My husband said i am supposed to climb over the wall not smack into it and slide down. I had this person ask me a couple of days ago at work if i was a victim of domestic abuse because i had dark circles under my eyes. And i said no that i have been getting little sleep lately. Now monday when i go to work i am going to look like a huge liar I can just imagine the look on his face

[This message has been edited by ftrphxcop (edited 05-20-2001).]

Comment

Congratulations!

I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.
              * Booker T. Washington

Comment

Congrats on the wall. Here in NC they took the wall out of the final PT test for police officers attending BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training). I would rather they left the wall in because the PoPat (Police Officer Physical Agility Test) they replaced it with is a bugger. Our class finished it about two weeks ago and everybody passed but a few cut it real close. But hang in there, we had one female in our class who cut her time from about ten minutes to under seven in about 13 weeks. 3 minutes is a big increase and proves that if you work hard you can do it. Good luck.

Gibbmusic
                Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3156 users online. 156 members and 3000 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X