300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In California Contract out on LAPD

I was told by my wife last night that a gang was putting a reward out for the wounding and or killing of officers in Calie. That the police were on alert out there. The reward was aired on a radio station in California. I was very upset to say the least. I need to understand something. I can not see why people hate police so much. I realize that not all officers are saint and do come across as being arrogant and pig headed, but that is not all officers. Why do people make this assesment of all officers? When I encounter the police I show respect ie Yes Mame Yes Sir No Mame No Sir and go on with life. Why is that so hard to do? It only takes a few seconds and I do not get any crap out of it. I am happy he/she is happy. Can't the radio station be sued or prosecuted for airing a contract kill?

rick
    Future Border Patrol Agent
    rick

I live in Southern California and I heard about this on the radio yesterday morning. Supposedly, the gangs are offering $10,000 for an injury and $25,000 for a death. I truly hope that something can be done before anything happens.

Comment

But how will they know which officers aren't gang members themselves???

Sorry, couldn't resist.

------------------
      -Sparky
      -Sparky

Comment

A Sparky do you have a link for the story I keep trying to get in the Los Angeles news and it keeps kicking me out....

RICK
        rick

Comment

Sure don't. Sorry.
          -Sparky

Comment

I don't understand why people hate cops so much either. I was helping a firefighter at the store today and he informs me that since i am fair complected and have blonde hair i should try to get a job at disneyland as a alice in wonderland, it pays $20 an hour. I proudly exclaimed nope, I want to be a officer. He than looks at me in horror and says why not a firefighter? Wouldn't you rather carry bandaids then a gun. Of course i said no. Why do people weird out when they hear the word cop?

[This message has been edited by ftrphxcop (edited 05-18-2001).]

Comment

I had the link the other day and deleted it. Now I can't find it anywhere.

I do remember the gang that was identified was the 18th St. gang. In addition the price offered was 10k to injure a leo and 25k to kill one.

Boy, what is this world coming to? For all you guys that work in and around L.A., be safe and watch over each other.

------------------
              Without the support of our fellow officers, sometimes we have no support at all.

[This message has been edited by cajuncop (edited 05-19-2001).]
              Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

http://www.vibe.com/new/vibewire/20010518/news06.html

This link worked a minute ago, maybe this is what you're looking for.

Kate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5602 users online. 359 members and 5243 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X