300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices

Okay, gas prices are soaring everywhere. They are running around $1.57/gal. for unleaded here. What is it in your area?

Unleaded around 1.65 +/-
    Diesel 1.55 to 1.79 depending on what station. That is in Flagstaff.

Near the canyon you will pay over two dollars for all fuel right now!

------------------
    "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

$1.50's in NC, cheap compared to most of the Country. I received a very interesting e/m. It seems an effort is in place to drive the prices down again.

The plan:

Boycott the big two, Exxon/Mobil who are now the same company. The idea being if Mobil-X reduces prices, everyone else may follow.

Worth a try..It costs me $70.00 to fill my work truck! Twice a week..

Comment

In San Diego, it's 1.89 unleaded on base (Navy) and 2.00 unleaded out in town. With 300USD power and light bills we're sunk!

Kate

Comment

im Chicago average is 2.09
          Explorer Chief
          Streamwood, IL
          [email protected]

Comment

Phx is in at $165-$179 depending on the grade you prefer.

Comment

Here, unleaded is $1.67-1.73. I didn't even look any further

I didn't even pay this much in the '70's

------------------
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]
              Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Here in the heartland, we've been doing the upsy-downsy from 1.56 to 1.66(give or take a penny)for the last couple of weeks.

I'll say in here what I've been saying for years:
                1. Gas does not have to be that frickin' expensive!
                2. This is the result of fat cats making themselves fatter; as much as I hate to say this, it's time the government stepped in, and broke their backs.

Unlike Europe, where public transportation is widely available and used quite a bit, here in the good old U.S. of A., we are quite dependent on our cars, and the oil companies know it. Have us by the short hairs, in a manner of speaking.

This deal in California; makes no sense to me whatsoever. Sounds like a bunch of B.S.
                Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

$1.50's-$1.60's. It's gotten to the point, the department has suspended our off duty driving.

------------------
                  FLLawdog
                  "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

There was an article in the paper about prices around here and how the gas companies are completely arbitrary in how they set them. One gas station will pay $1.64 (not including local taxes) and another a few miles away getting it from the same company will pay $1.68.

I'm all for capitalism but I don't like getting ripped off. I'm afraid of the government telling a company how much profit it's allowed to make (today gas tomorrow some small guy making widgets and trying to get by). What we need to do is stop buying gas and showing with our money that we are unwilling to pay this. Unfortunately that is unrealistic as we have to get to work and the grocery store. The oil companies know they have us by the cojones and we have no choice but to pay them.

I also realize that if the government releases the obligation of taxes on gas the gas companies will jack prices up again and make more money.

This is what happens when the gas companies are all merging into several mega-companies (Exxon/Mobil) rather than many smaller ones. Less competition and a little collusion and now we are getting ripped off. We need to be having anti-trust investigations into this. Break their backs by breaking them up. Unfortunately that won't help right now.

Either way we lose. BOHICA.

------------------
                    If I wanted to be liked I would have been a fireman.
                    I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

anywhere between $1.61 and $1.75 for a gallon of regular unleaded gass.

On a related note...it was reported in the media that drive-offs from gas stations are up almost 100% from last year at this time.

Comment

Las Vegas; $2.09

Comment

Between Huntsville and Bryan where I fil up it's:

Diesel $1.36
                          Unleaded $1.50
                          Plus $1.60
                          Super $1.70

Sure am glad I bought that Dodge w/the Cummins!

------------------
                          "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."
                          "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

I'm gonna start getting gas where KenM does. I go to RaceTrac to get all of my gas. They usually have cheapest around.

Unleaded, 1.60's
                            Plus, 1.70s's
                            Premium, 1.80's

(last week all of these were $.10 cheaper)

Mike

Comment

http://www.dreamwater.net/raychelr/gasprices.jpg

[This message has been edited by RaychelR (edited 05-18-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5545 users online. 366 members and 5179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X