300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO license plate frames

Three of the officers I work with have license plate frames around their license plates on the back of their patrol cars that are pretty funny. Anyone seen any other ones besides these:

Honk if you have warrants

Faster than a speeding ticket

Smile, I could be behind you.
    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Some have the city or county on top of the frame, with the FCC call sign at the bottom. Most civilains won't know what that means.
    Here in CA. I've seen "Thank God for 3% at 50", which is a public safety retirement formula.
    Putting this stuff on your POV could tip off the bad guys as to who you are, make you/your family a target
    Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
    Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Dispatchers tell deputies where to go.

Make a deputy come - call 911.
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared

Make a deputy come - call 911.
        LMAO

Muaaahaha!!!!
        My new toy | See how many dirtbags are in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by 1oldsarge
          Some have the city or county on top of the frame, with the FCC call sign at the bottom. Most civilains won't know what that means.
          The LAPD Academy store used to sell license plate frames that said "KMA 357," which was their communications division call sign (and maybe still is). It eventually got around that this was an "I'm a cop" sign. Within a few months, these license plate frames were for sale in truck stops and auto supply stores all over the Western states.

I was told that LASD deputies used to put whatever license plate frames they got with their cars on upside down. That was the "secret code" there.
          Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

What idiot would put a license plate frame on their POV stating that they were a police officer. It is a tip off and gives the criminals another reason to go after the cops or the families. One of the officers that taught a class I was in. He told the class that everyday after work,he takes a different route home. Because he said that he has had people whom he arrested would follow him home. I am sure many of you have had this happen or are aware of this. Doesn't make sense to put a license plate frame on a car/truck stating what you do. JMO
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

My brother had personalized plates that said " SVP"...but his wife didn't find it as funny as him so when they married it was gone. I doubt too many people outside LE background would get it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12159 users online. 526 members and 11633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X