300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Charger - Problem Thread

Can those that have been using Chargers post your problems, if any, in this thread. There are many agencies contemplating purchase but are wary or reliability. Any news out there?
    The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
    Twitter Facebook

K9 officers charger just came in today. I'm not of any help right now, but once it goes 10-8 I'll let you know if anything comes up with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
      K9 officers charger just came in today. I'm not of any help right now, but once it goes 10-8 I'll let you know if anything comes up with it.
      Thanks Matto. The MSP just got a bunch.

Twitter Facebook

Comment

The troops that have them here have complained about the blind spots in the back due to the small rear windows. They also have complained about trunk space. These are only a couple people though
        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

There are some things that you just live with....if your lucky enough to get one!
          Don't let fear and common sense stand in your way!

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
            The troops that have them here have complained about the blind spots in the back due to the small rear windows. They also have complained about trunk space. These are only a couple people though
            I'm more concerned with mechanical problems than small design issues.

Twitter Facebook

Comment

I am interested to see how they turn out as well. I hope they do good, only because competition is ALWAYS good. Ford needs a match lit under it's butt. I will say though the PD here got some new 06 crown vics in and they're NICE. They sit up really high too.

Comment

I think they are too new to show their mechanical flaws if they have any. It will be interesting to see how much that MDS system works if they can keep their foot out of it
                si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I have also heard about bad blindspots and visibility.

Comment

As a bigger guy, when riding in one, you feel as if you are riding in a car that has been "chopped". It is not a major problem; however, is quite a differnt feeling from the more dome like crown vic. From experience, I think they're both pretty decent vehicles though.
                    -John

Comment

Originally posted by Petergriffin
                      As a bigger guy, when riding in one, you feel as if you are riding in a car that has been "chopped". It is not a major problem; however, is quite a differnt feeling from the more dome like crown vic. From experience, I think they're both pretty decent vehicles though.
                      -John
                      I was checking out the new charger the department here got last night, and wow the rear windows are almost non existant. The car is definitely not as view friendly as the vic, but certainly looks cool.

Comment

One of our complaints has been the lack of space in the trunk. The spare tire really takes up a lot of space the way it is mounted.

Our other complaint was, we did not get the "Hemi". Turns out that is close to a $2,000 option. Which made the car close to $4,000 more than a Crown Victoria.

So far no mechanical issues though. And, it looks really good. We get a lot of positive comments about it from the community.

Comment

Out of curiosity, why do you need a full-size spare? Around here, if an officer gets a flat, he radios dispatch and they either send a fleet guy or a wrecker. One would think that whoever is sent could just stop and pick up a spare from the barn.

Comment

Our other complaint was, we did not get the "Hemi". Turns out that is close to a $2,000 option. Which made the car close to $4,000 more than a Crown Victoria.
                            Huh? We just bought our charger for around $21,500 with Hemi which was about $750 less than the Crown Vic we were considering.

Oh, I should share that our brand new 3500 mile Charger is now sitting in the bay with major front end damage. A deputy hit a coyote at about 75 mph while he dicked around on a county road. Serves him right, except he has his own damn car and why he was driving the rest of ours I don't know. Anyway, it ruined the front header panal (down low), air dam, radiator, radiator support, and front sway bar. Pretty F*cked up. However, considering all it didn't hold up too bad, coyotes can be quite destructive.
                            AJ Clapp

www.fallenofficermemorial9c1.org

Comment

Originally posted by kadetklapp
                              Huh? We just bought our charger for around $21,500 with Hemi which was about $750 less than the Crown Vic we were considering.

Oh, I should share that our brand new 3500 mile Charger is now sitting in the bay with major front end damage. A deputy hit a coyote at about 75 mph while he dicked around on a county road. Serves him right, except he has his own damn car and why he was driving the rest of ours I don't know. Anyway, it ruined the front header panal (down low), air dam, radiator, radiator support, and front sway bar. Pretty F*cked up. However, considering all it didn't hold up too bad, coyotes can be quite destructive.
                              I think the state bid here they got CV's for 20,900 or something like that. I was able to ride along in the charger here today, I really like it. It's pretty quick, seemed stable over bumps and stuff. I am curious how the bottom end holds up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3689 users online. 177 members and 3512 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X