300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Sign Tickets

How much is a ticket for going through a stop sign? Does the cost of the ticket depend on how fast you went through it?

Don't have a clue how much the cite is.

The cost is not determined by the speed in which you went past the sign. The cite was issued for merely NOT stopping.

In California, they sometimes call it a "Hollywood stop" which is a Slight Tap On Pedal (brake).
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

alright, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2
        Don't have a clue how much the cite is.

The cost is not determined by the speed in which you went past the sign. The cite was issued for merely NOT stopping.

In California, they sometimes call it a "Hollywood stop" which is a Slight Tap On Pedal (brake).
        lol....that's funny, when they slightly roll through it in TN, we call it a California stop..
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

hahaha, do people in other states stop for stop signs most of the time? thats funny you call it a california stop. thats something to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
            lol....that's funny, when they slightly roll through it in TN, we call it a California stop..
            We call that a California stop here in NY too.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxC
              hahaha, do people in other states stop for stop signs most of the time? thats funny you call it a california stop. thats something to be proud of.
              Not in TN. If we want to up our ticket #'s, all we have to do is sit at a stop sign.
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

It's called California stop in WA and OR as well.

Comment

Cali roll.

I hit people for it in neighborhoods.

Stop means stop, not slow down and roll. It really doesn't save you that much time.
                  "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Be easier if we had roundabouts with yield signs instead of so many freakin stop signs..

Comment

In Mass. the stop sign law states that you are to come to a complete stop and to proceed when it's safe to do so. So, if you pull out from the stop sign and cause an accident you can be cited for a stop sign violation.

Comment

In Virginia, the courts sets the monitary value of each offense plus court costs (processing fees). I'm not sure, but i believe each judicial system in each jurisdiction has different costs for each offense. I can tell you from experience in the jurisdiction i'm sworn in a summons issued for a stop sign violation if convicted is $87.00 + court costs (processing fees). It doesn't matter how fast you were going when you proceed through the stop sign without stopping, however if you can articulate the totality of the offense you could cite the violator for reckless driving which would elevate the cost of the ticket.
                        Last edited by Patrol 125; 07-23-2006, 11:18 AM.

Comment

In texas its a cali stop for the roll through.
                          Shamed to admit it I do it alot. (basically theres no one else around and its at the corner of my street.)
                          ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                          Oscar Wilde

Comment

Stop Signs

Yeah, the old "California Rolling Stop" is very popular; so much so that you even see LEOs doing it from time to time.

To the guy who posted the comment about the "roundabouts" as an alternative, you might have something there. I lived in Europe many years ago and they seem to work quite well. But then again, maybe they are used to them there.

Maybe one of my pet-peeves is the way some "four way" stop signs are set up. More often than not, it can create some major confusion. People will hesitate and then two will go at the same time -- and then both slam and stop simultaneously. Doh! I find that it often easier just to wave another guy on if he got there when I did, and then I know it is clear.

When I was in patrol, we had a "lucky spot" where a stop sign was put at a merge lane (slight right turn from a secondary road onto a primary road - about 100 feet from an intersection controlled by a traffic light). More than 90% of the cars would zoom right through it. You could stop 'em and write 'em all day and all night. That definitely should have been a "Yield" sign -- not a stop sign!

The problem with Yield signs, though, is that most drivers think it means that everyone else yields to them, or that it means stop when nobody is there.

German drivers sure have learned how to master the art of navigating various road conditions -- and put most slugs in the USA to shame when behind the wheel. We're still #1 at most things overall, but not road skills. Too many crappy drivers inhabit our great land.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

In Ky we call it the California Roll and it will cost you $158.50 ($20 fine with $138.50 court costs).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3502 users online. 267 members and 3235 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X