300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Security prerequirements?

im doing a research project for my securities class. currently i am compiling a list of requirements to become a private security guard in each respected state.

so far i have used this site http://www.crimetime.com/licensing.htm to gather information on requirements to become a private investigator.

are there any site that i can use to find more information on each state regarding the prerequisites on being private security? i need information asap because this project is due in two weeks. thanks in advance

California information on security guard and private investigator licenses can be found at:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/bsis/
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

If you want a basic job as a security guard the company will license you under their license. You need LEO experience or 2 years security experience to obtain your own PI License. In Indiana the only requirements to be a Security Officer is 18 or over and you're alive. For some odd reason my state hasn't passed a law restricting felons to work security.

Comment

I am not sure, but from my observations, I think the only thing required in Virginia is a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R
          If you want a basic job as a security guard the company will license you under their license. You need LEO experience or 2 years security experience to obtain your own PI License. In Indiana the only requirements to be a Security Officer is 18 or over and you're alive. For some odd reason my state hasn't passed a law restricting felons to work security.
          ...but a felon cannot work armed security.

Comment

the company I currently work for had a guard pass away at the beginning of his midnight shift in some guard shack. was there 8 hours until the other guard got there to relieve him.

From what I heard, these bastards still charged the client 8 hours of service for having the corpse there!

so apparantly a heartbeat isn't a requirement

Comment

nice, but im looking for a complete written data base where the requirements already listed.

if there arnt any, who can i contact within each state about the requirements?>

Comment

www.google.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5060 users online. 281 members and 4779 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X