300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Violence in our neighborhood

Well, for the first time I have ever seen, cops were called for a couple having a fight next door. I knew they were alcoholics but they seemed like really nice people. THe woman was taken to the hospital and the man was taken to jail. So sad!

What's sad about the situation, that the wife gets beaten by the husband/boyfriend? Or, is it that they're alcoholics? Or, the fact that it took the neighborhood so long to realize that this was going on?

Comment

Originally posted by spurlock:
      What's sad about the situation, that the wife gets beaten by the husband/boyfriend? Or, is it that they're alcoholics? Or, the fact that it took the neighborhood so long to realize that this was going on?
      personally, i would say all of the above. altho on the most part i try to keep my private life private from my "neighbors" maybe they did the same.
      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I agree, you can try and keep your personal life private. On the other hand, when you have neighbors, it's hard to try and keep the yelling and fighting noise level to a minimum. In most cases, the neighbors know more about what goes on in the house than family members do! If you need information, just ask the neighbors!

Comment

The truly sad part is it's most likely been going on for a long time, and it will continue to go on. At least the locals got involved in this incident. If she follows the pattern, they'll make up and the cycle will start again. I hate domestic violence.

------------------
          FLLawdog
          "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

They are most definitely alcoholics. I've never heard them fighting but I'm about 9 houses away from them. They are both in very poor health also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
              They are most definitely alcoholics.
              The first, and hardest, step they need to take is to admit to themselves they are alcoholics...are there children involved?

Comment

Originally posted by spurlock:
                In most cases, the neighbors know more about what goes on in the house than family members do! If you need information, just ask the neighbors!

this is true...i am lucky to live in an area with only one neighbor even slightly nearby. but you do still have to watch as the sound carrys UNbelievably, especially at night. i would rather have NO neighbors at all. to live near a couple involved in domestic violence would be hard.
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

No, there are no children involved this, thankfully. There were several their a few years back but they flew the nest awhile back.

Comment

It's the best thing that ever happened to them. Domestic issues are truly tough and the kids that are subjected to it their entire life will more than likely be abusers themselves! It's a cycle that just keeps repeating over and over again. The kids didn't ask for it, the parents gift to them! I hope that the local judge will order some counseling for them and maybe even an alcohol/drug rehab program. These people need some help and the only way they can get it is through neighbors, police and the judicial system!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3536 users online. 203 members and 3333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X