300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for LEO's about custom "plates" and leniency

Today I bought a new license plate. I wanted to be enlightened more about the rumor that police/troopers are more lenient on people who have certain plates. I bought the 'Police Athletic League' plate. So what's the deal? Is anything true about the rumor that police are more apt to let you out of a ticket if you have a certain plate? Thanks!

No truth at all in that rumor.

Comment

Ummm...No, it will not get you out of a ticket.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Is this similar to the "if I have a *insert LE support sticker here* sticker will I not get a ticket" idea?

Try this sticker instead:

Comment

Are you even in the "Athletic League"? If not, hope you have your receipt. And slow-down, maybe you won't get a ticket!
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I've got a sticker of support and I've gotten two parking tickets. I was wrong and shouldn't have parked in those places (though it was pretty innocent; confusing and busy area downtown and the sign was not very obvious).

You know it's kinda funny if you think about it; wouldn't you be more likely to get a ticket if you are supporting law enforcement?
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I like how the plate looks

Comment

Originally posted by Zeek

Then dont worry about if it will get you out of a ticket or not.

Comment

Chances are, the best plate you can have on your car is one that indicates membership in the F.O.P. Of course, you have to be an active member to get one -- not an associate member.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by SR-25
                    Then dont worry about if it will get you out of a ticket or not.
                    There's a difference between worrying and inquiring

Comment

Actually, I bought a rock that's supposed to protect me from the police pulling me over. I haven't been pulled over since I bought this rock four months ago. I suggest you purchase one of these rocks as well.

Comment

Police Athletic League?

What's that?

Sounds like a cool club!

"Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

Well ...

Originally posted by Zeek
                          ... I suppose that it's good that you recieved some benifit for the extra cost.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3440 users online. 190 members and 3250 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X