300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOMTOWN

It's been on for a few weeks, I think I've seen most of the episodes.

What's your opinion of this one ?

I personally find it entertaining like it should be but I thought it would be more realistic then it has been.

First there is the patrol officers. Did no one research how an officer carries his/her gear ? They have key rings and cuff cases in the center of their backs. Then one of em' gets shot in the vest and treats it like it just happens everyday. Also does the LAPD not have any patches at all on their uniforms ? I can't tell the difference in the lady paramedics uniform and theirs.

I thought the detectives were pretty real. That was until one of them jumped off the roof of a hotel with 2 SMGs firing. How many guys did he kill 7? 8?

I like seeing the scene through multiple views and it has had some funny and exciting scenes.

One more thing, the officers wear their metal name tags on the bib of their right shirt pocket. I've seen this before, is it common practice to wear it their ? Myself I wear mine pinned to the shirt above the right pocket.
    There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

LAPD patrol officers do not have shoulder patches...and there is nothing wrong with wearing your 'cuff case in the middle of yur back. thats where i like to wear mine...easy access by either hand. But I do enjoy the show...

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the patch issue, I was curious.

You wear your cuffs in the middle of your back ? I'm talking about on your spine. I tired it once but as soon as I got in the car I was in pain. What cuffs, case, and belt do you use ? Are you regularly in a car ?
      There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

The show is very interesting... it a new way to tell a story... which is refreshing.

LAPD wears their name tag on the 'bib' of the short pocket, aligned with the top seam. As do most of the departments around here, some departments still do it above the seam. Tie bar on class A's do differ around here also.

As for the bat-belt, LAPD uses the smooth leather, other than that they can set it up as they like it... most LAPD use two cuff cases.

I find the patrol tactics rather lacking as well as some investigative procedures.... guess if you had an hour to squeeze a murder in... you have to have the whole process go pretty quick.

Overall, it's entertaining but not very accurate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6190 users online. 381 members and 5809 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X