300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phew... my Sheriff won. Anyone else?

I'm pretty relieved. Last hire first fire and all... plus, I got my commission *after* he said "no more commissions until after elections."

Most of the guys are pretty happy/relieved. Only 2 or 3 at most will move on now.

Who else was waiting to see who their boss would be?

Thats the main reason I couldnt work fot a Sheriff's dept. every four years you gotta worry about keepng your job.

Comment

I don't work for an SO, but the guy our department wanted in, got in ( by a landslide ).

He was running against a current deputy (Sheriff retires this year) and we all knew that the department needed a change.

Hightower
      No, you've got the wrong number. This is 9-1....2.
      - Police Chief Clancy Wiggum

Comment

The incumbant won here; it was the lesser of two evils. The opponent was a Green Party candidate who has no knowledge of Law Enforcement and would have had us out there giving group hugs and singing Kum Ba Ya.

Comment

NCLE23,

quote:
          Originally posted by NCLE23:
          Thats the main reason I couldnt work fot a Sheriff's dept. every four years you gotta worry about keepng your job.

That is not true for all Sheriff's departments.
          Retired

Comment

Man, I am glad to be a deputy in California. Out here, deputies are just like any other peace officer. There is civil service protection. We aren't at-will employees and don't have to worry about our political affiliation.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I understand that not all states are the same but in NC the office of sheriff has absolute control over his dept. He hires and fires at his whim...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4371 users online. 248 members and 4123 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X