300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Couldn't you go the other way then and say that if a man proposes to a woman, that the woman could be pushed into the marriage? Then that would mean that everyone would be in a stale mate, and nobody would ever get married...guess someone had better propose.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mitzi
    replied
    No, I don't think women should take the agressive approach. If a man wants to get married, he should tell her. That way, you know he's serious and not being pushed into it.
    My husband propsed to me at the airport and then gave me my ring behind McCrory's Drug store by the dumpster. He's the romantic type! lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I for one would like to see women take a more aggressive role in relationships. I wouldn't mind one bit if a girl came up to me and asked me out, and in terms of marriage, if proposed.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• blondie72
    started a topic On the subject of marriage.

On the subject of marriage.

There has been a lot of talk about marriage, here, recently

I was reading an article about the new book "The Marriage Plan", by Aggie Jordan, PhD. The book apparently proposes a 13- step plan for getting hitched to your boyfriend within a year. Some of the tactics discussed in the book, inlcude: setting a wedding date, informing your boyfriend of your desire to get married; and abstaining from sex- until he supplies you with a ring.

In the past, women have generally taken the passive role when it comes to the issue of marriage. Women drop hints, and either the man picks up on them, and proposes, or he runs for the hills ( ). Nowadays- it seems that women are being encouraged to be assertive in stating their wishes, and even asking for marriage.

So, I would like to pose some questions for our forum members.

Gentlemen:

1) Do you think women should take an assertive role in: stating a desire for marriage, setting a date, abstaining from sex, and even proposing?

2) How did you (or will you) propose?

Ladies:

1) Same question: (do you think women should take an active role...) or is this approach too aggressive, and self- defeating?

2) How were you (or how would you like to be) proposed to? Any women here that would propose?

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 05-15-2001).]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6467 users online. 358 members and 6109 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X