Cop Singing National Anthem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Singing National Anthem

Anyone know what department this is and what the event was?

Ouch

That's criminal. and who told him he could sing in teh first place? He almost had to do that on purpose.
    "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun. " Homer Simpson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCop
      Anyone know what department this is and what the event was?

Ouch
      LMAO
      May God bless every single public servant out there!

Comment

That was...an insult.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

WTF? I'm writing him a ticket! Poor guy.

Comment

It looks to me like this took place at an officer's funeral. I don't have any inside information, though.

I think it's a shame that this video is being publicized. Unless somebody has evidence that the anthem was purposefully botched, publicizing this video is a very low-class and ignorant thing to do. As far as I'm concerned, it takes some serious guts to sing publicly; most of the people that would make fun of him probably don't have the guts to attempt what he attempted.

Obviously, officers go through a lot of stress when they lose a brother officer. We do not know what this officer had been through during the time leading up to this event. For all we know, he could have been involved in the same shooting that killed the officer, he could have been sleep deprived, or he could have been under extreme stress due to the loss of somebody close to him.

In conclusion, let's not trash a brother officer for making a mistake during what appears to be a tragic time for all.

Comment

...at least that cop showed some game...
              ...Know Fear...

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                It looks to me like this took place at an officer's funeral. I don't have any inside information, though.

I think it's a shame that this video is being publicized. Unless somebody has evidence that the anthem was purposefully botched, publicizing this video is a very low-class and ignorant thing to do. As far as I'm concerned, it takes some serious guts to sing publicly; most of the people that would make fun of him probably don't have the guts to attempt what he attempted.
                I'm quite prepared to be called Adam-Henry for this....but please remember that reasonable people can disagree....

That being said, I must, respectfully, disagree. That does not have the look of a funeral. If it's a recent video, I'll bet you that it took place at some Police Week/Peace Officer Memorial week service. I can't see any funeral that would have attendees without covers, and we see only two honor guard members present. It also looks like it takes place near a street, or at a civic center. Besides, the Star-Spangled Banner (SSB) is not your standard funeral ballad. Our yearly memorial event does have the SSB, but I can't remember a police funeral (and I've been to quite a few) ever having it.

So, that being said, I'm not going to cut him slack for, "having just lost someone." Events like that are pre-planned, weeks in advance. Unless he just got the singing job that morning in roll call, he would have had time to read, review, and rehearse the song. Unless he's a victim of an extortion...he volunteered and told them, "Yeah, I can handle that!"
                Last edited by Kieth M.; 06-01-2006, 11:52 PM.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Part of it is obviously chopped. The audio that is.

Comment

don't believe everything you see...that looked like the song was added to the video... especially near the end when he really gets bad.... the camera stops showing the guy singing.

Comment

Originally posted by broke
                      don't believe everything you see...that looked like the song was added to the video... especially near the end when he really gets bad.... the camera stops showing the guy singing.
                      And even if it is real, it still doesn't matter. People can be great singers when they're away from a crowd, but can be terrible in front of crowds. Who knows, he could have even had the flu.

There's also a video floating around of the RCMP band at Depot playing Oh Canada quite poorly. It honestly sounds like a grade 7 band playing it.

Comment

You're fired!

The Trump
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
                          And even if it is real, it still doesn't matter. People can be great singers when they're away from a crowd, but can be terrible in front of crowds. Who knows, he could have even had the flu.
                          The flu makes you forget the lyrics to the national anthem?
                          Blogging through the Academy

Comment

That is unquestionably fake.

The video looks like it was taken from a camcorder, and the sound doesn't match up with camcorder quality. That is some guy fooling around, who put the audio to the video, long after the video was taken.

Comment

thats bad

Sounds like Lt. Frank Drebin in the Naked gun movie.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4092 users online. 125 members and 3967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X