300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I just had someone ask me if it was against the law to have there new born tattoed.
    What is your guys thought upon this?
    John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Originally posted by locke1419
    ... have there new born tattoed.

CHILD ABUSE.

Comment

i'm not going to dispute child abuse or not, but I will tell you that an old friend of mine who's named was jeff had a very small "J" tattooed on his arm when he was a baby. He was in fact kidnapped and that was what he was identified with. It was tiny, maybe as tall as a small pinky finger nail. And as he grew up and grew more hairy you couldn't see it unless he pointed it out to you. So I do think it is kind of a good idea for Identification purposes.
      "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

I think it's ridiculous and abusive, but it's a lot less abusive than cutting off the foreskin, especially without any anesthesia which is still socially acceptable. Legally, it's probably an issue of state law and whether or not tattoing minors is allowed with parental consent.
        No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by locke1419
          I just had someone ask me if it was against the law to have there new born tattoed.
          What is your guys thought upon this?

I'm not a cop or a lawyer...I'm a parent.

As far as tattooing an infant, I think that would depend upon the REASON for the tattooing. If it is a custom that is held within a certain society as part of the religious and social beliefs...then it is the norm for that particular society--those people. Just as circumcision (both genders), peircing, scarring, branding, body modification (neckbanding, foot binding), etc., is the custom of certain cultures/religions.

I can't say that I could ever subject my children to such rituals, but then again--I was not raised with any of those beliefs either. From my own system of beliefs--I find such practices cruel. However, societies that practice these types rituals believe that NOT performing the ritual is cruel and subjects those NOT included to becoming outcasts in their own communities/families.

If someone is asking about tattooing an infant/child out of some sort of twisted idea that it's cool, unique, or somehow marking that child's individuality (I can't imagine why someone would WANT to do this...)--they sincerely need thier heads examined--and possibly their ability to act as responsible parents.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yeah i think it was for idenfication incase he ever went missing, i thought i was kind of a sick thought but from what the PA told me that there is no charge i can do that will hold up in court.

I thought it would be child abuse as well, he stated if that was true then we would have to charge every parent who gets there kids ear pierced.
            John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Do these people live in a trailer park, by any chance?
              Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Yeah they do.

It was pretty interesting, they came up to file a complaint against me. (Arrest him Friday and he thought I drove to fast to booking with his drunk *** in my car, he rec a dwi) and on his way out i was coming in and he ask about the tatt.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceBitten

As far as tattooing an infant, I think that would depend upon the REASON for the tattooing. If it is a custom that is held within a certain society as part of the religious and social beliefs...then it is the norm for that particular society--those people. Just as circumcision (both genders), peircing, scarring, branding, body modification (neckbanding, foot binding), etc., is the custom of certain cultures/religions.

I can't say that I could ever subject my children to such rituals, but then again--I was not raised with any of those beliefs either. From my own system of beliefs--I find such practices cruel. However, societies that practice these types rituals believe that NOT performing the ritual is cruel and subjects those NOT included to becoming outcasts in their own communities/families.

If someone is asking about tattooing an infant/child out of some sort of twisted idea that it's cool, unique, or somehow marking that child's individuality (I can't imagine why someone would WANT to do this...)--they sincerely need thier heads examined--and possibly their ability to act as responsible parents.

Just my 2 cents.
                  Well said, I could not agree with you more!
                  Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Bravo Once Bitten

I would give a jingle to Child Protective Services. They can drop by check out the living condition, any other children in the trailer etc. Better to be safe than sorry.

There are certainly other methods of identification without tattoo.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Here in CA, it's illegal to tattoo anyone under the age of 18, misdemeanor however.

My bet would be that since it's an infant, it would be probably be child abuse/endangerment.

BTW - Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M.
                        Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
                        If that were enforced, the species would probably become extinct.
                        No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceBitten

Just my 2 cents.

Very well said. I'm a parent also and I agree with you.
                          I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Don't care if it is illegal or not. The law against 18 and under tatoos has two purposes...To keep kids who are too young to understand the consequences of permanently marking themselves with their boyfriend/girlfriends name, favorite band, etc... The second purpose is to keep parents from imposing anything on a child such as that before the child is old enough to make their own decisions.

You are kididng right? If I saw a tattoo on a newborn, the Police/CPS would be called regardless of whether or not it is illegal.

Comment

well said once bitten.

In texas, it is considered child abuse/ endangerment to peice, tattoo or in any way mark a child under the age of 18. Even tho its a misdermeaner you can still do jail time.

Any one that does it to a child (besides the family) prolly would also prolly get sued later.

My first thoguht is, what is the tatt of and the reason, then like said before..mental helth exam......CPS.....and down that road.
                              (thik about the problems you are opening that child up to at such a YOUNG age...blood born diseases, ink poisoning, pain, infections......ect)
                              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3100 users online. 141 members and 2959 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X