300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie...and proud of it.

Good evening. I was sworn in tonight after a town hall meeting. I dont think Ive been this happy/proud/excited/nervous/anxious......since my youngest was born. No, I dont know the "ins and outs" of this job. No, I can't honestly ive done any "police work". No, I havent completed the academy yet. Yes, I am on the right track. Yes, I am dedicated to improving my community. Yes, I will successfully complete my academy training and continue to strive for excellence. I will not be pushed off my path to serve those that need to be served and to protect those that may need to be protected. I will come home to my loving wife and children EVERY NIGHT. I will talk to anyone that will listen about staying on a positive path. I will listen to any person that can give me sound advice. I will continue to educate myself and keep my body in good working order. I know I am just getting started. But with a little luck, a lot of hard work, and God on my side, I wont be ending for another 30 years. I am a brand spanking new. I look forward to getting old doing this. For now, bring on the jokes, games and hazing, Im new and proud of it.
    I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Congratulations !

Best of luck in your career.

Be safe.
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by beard708
      Good evening. I was sworn in tonight after a town hall meeting. I dont think Ive been this happy/proud/excited/nervous/anxious......since my youngest was born. No, I dont know the "ins and outs" of this job. No, I can't honestly ive done any "police work". No, I havent completed the academy yet. Yes, I am on the right track. Yes, I am dedicated to improving my community. Yes, I will successfully complete my academy training and continue to strive for excellence. I will not be pushed off my path to serve those that need to be served and to protect those that may need to be protected. I will come home to my loving wife and children EVERY NIGHT. I will talk to anyone that will listen about staying on a positive path. I will listen to any person that can give me sound advice. I will continue to educate myself and keep my body in good working order. I know I am just getting started. But with a little luck, a lot of hard work, and God on my side, I wont be ending for another 30 years. I am a brand spanking new. I look forward to getting old doing this. For now, bring on the jokes, games and hazing, Im new and proud of it.

Welcome to Law- Enforcement and good luck and always be safe.

Comment

You can post in The Squad Room now!

Comment

Inked phones, TP wrapped equipment, phone-sex lines transfered to your phone... all the great hazing for the first year. Enjoy, and soak it all in, welcome to the team.
          The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends

Comment

Welcome to the best seat on the greatest ride of life. Best of luck my newest brother.

Comment

Welcome to the team beard.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

My advice is to stay away from those whos only purpose is to come in each day and moan and groan about their job. If you hang with them enough you'll eventually become them

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by beard708
                    Good for you! Congrats!

Now print the above post you wrote out, fold it up and put it in your wallet. Anytime you begin to wonder why the he!! you're doing what you're doing -- take it out and read it.

Be safe.

Comment

Welcome to the brotherhood.... btw... Hazing is illegal, but Congrats!!
                      Dont walk behind me, I may not lead. Dont walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me.

Comment

Way to go!
                        "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

thanks to all that have said their kind words...week one of the academy is done.....bring on week two!!!
                          I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Congratulations!

Remember to go home after every shift, in the same condition you went to work in.
                            “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Don't take anything too seriously - unless it involves officer safety or testifying in court. Listen to others. Be yourself, maintain your sense of humor.

Believe 90% of what you see and 10% of what you hear. In God we trust, everybody else gets run through NCIC.

Seriously, I wish you the best of luck. Don't take any wooden nickels and keep it between the navigational beacons.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5230 users online. 333 members and 4897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X